2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Could take that Zuckerman Tweet as a shot at the whole accusations towards the Astros.  IDK, maybe he's a douchebag...

WGAF.  Keep the foot on the throat.

Who are you afraid is hurt?
I’m stuck having a quality time with my wife…
Altuve. I think he is ok. He was in the grass fielding a ball it bounced off him and he went to try and field it and slipped. Had grimace on his face afterwards but he's still in
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Of course it was already going to happen. HOF forbid we have anyone play a week in a row. I know this is verging on old man yelling at the clouds territory but God I miss Biggio and Bagwell starting a full scale rebellion if they didn’t get to play in like 159 games. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

And how did he perform in October? Sorry, September? 

I mean, their October performance was probably impacted more by the fact that the majority of their postseason ABs came against 3 HOFers (and their notoriously expanded strike zones) and peak Kevin Brown (borderline HOF) than it was by the fatigue that came from playing a few extra games over the previous 6 months.

Anyway, yeah, if the guys today believe they’re more physically able in October by sitting out 15 games in the regular season, then go for it (as long as you make it to October, which is now easier than ever I suppose).

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1

I want Javier to be a starter, but for as much shit as I, and others, have given Odorizzi (and most deserved) I kind of hate he isn't getting to start tonight. He has been nails his last 3 starts. I probably would have kept rolling and milking him with what he had been showing in the past 3 weeks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I want Javier to be a starter, but for as much shit as I, and others, have given Odorizzi (and most deserved) I kind of hate he isn't getting to start tonight. He has been nails his last 3 starts. I probably would have kept rolling and milking him with what he had been showing in the past 3 weeks.

We have a plethora of starters. Javier and Garcia could be elite (long term). Framber pitched like a #1 last night. Odo has been nails (for a guy signed to burn innings), looking like a solid #3. 3 guys are going to get screwed over when/if LMJ comes back.

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

With Diaz and Goodrum as the middle infielders today, #12 is not a given. 

Unpopular opinion, with the shortened spring training they need at bats too. Id rather see them getting at bats in may than October. Once the playoffs start, this roster will be set in stone (except for cf) 

Edited by tx 3 putt

8 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

That’s either a good thing, meaning Goodrum could be gone. Or a very bad thing, meaning Peña and/or Altuve will be out for an extended period. Unfortunately, I’m leaning towards the latter. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That’s either a good thing, meaning Goodrum could be gone. Or a very bad thing, meaning Peña and/or Altuve will be out for an extended period. Unfortunately, I’m leaning towards the latter. 

middle infielder and cf 

hmmmmmm

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Looking at Dubon’s stats and Giants’ fan comments, he’s a decent player. Plus defense and speed. 

per his highlight reel, he’s shown more than Diaz / goodrum / Siri, combined. He might be the perfect addition to this team 

Edited by tx 3 putt