The NBA Finals- Warriors vs Cavs

Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao at LeBron's body of work severely lacking to Jordan. When you just prefaced rings aren't the only thing that matters. Yet that's about all Jordan has over LeBron right now.

Sounds like someone who thinks Jordan invented basketball. A Jordan fanboy?

Yeah nobody cares about championships!

35 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

And fuck Lebron for never participating in the dunk contest. What a pompous asshole

Definitely agree on this. Dr.J, Mike, Kobe, they all did it. LeBron only needed to do it once, shit the show down a la VC15 and then retire forever. I’m seriously at a loss as to why he never did that. 

16 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Definitely agree on this. Dr.J, Mike, Kobe, they all did it. LeBron only needed to do it once, shit the show down a la VC15 and then retire forever. I’m seriously at a loss as to why he never did that. 

He sometimes seems to forget the game is for the fucking fans. I can understand him not doing it now. He's old and his dunks would probably be boring, but he should've done it at least once. 

41 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Yeah nobody cares about championships!

I am just using his argument. He said rings aren't the only thing that matters. Yet that is the main thing Jordan has over Lebron. And then he says Lebron is not even close to having the success Jordan did over his career? Makes no sense. They are both very accomplished and decorated.

Of course rings matter. But people act like Lebron has 0 or 1. He has 3. And still is not done. 8 appearances in a row is a feat itself. Especially making it this year. 

36 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lebron in the dunk contest would be boring. Hes had the same dunk since debuting 15 years ago. I don't think he had the grace and creativity to be in the funk contest 

Correct.   He did it in the McD's game and he just did dunks that showed how high he gets.     Nothing really earth shattering.    It was enough to win at that level.   It wouldnt be at the NBA level.   Never understood why people act like he owes the world a dunk contest appearance.

3 hours ago, d2o said:

Correct.   He did it in the McD's game and he just did dunks that showed how high he gets.     Nothing really earth shattering.    It was enough to win at that level.   It wouldnt be at the NBA level.   Never understood why people act like he owes the world a dunk contest appearance.

You’ve never understood why people wanted to see the most freakish athlete in the history of the sport compete in the dunk contest? Okie dokie. You are high if you think that LeBron wouldn’t put on a performance that rivaled Vince Carter. Every single dunk would be a 50. And for a guy who’s so obsessed with his image and where he ranks all time you’d think that LeBron would recognize that Dr.J, MJ, and Kobe, the aforementioned all time greats, didn’t just win the contest, they revolutionized it and gave basketball fans timeless memories. Why he wouldn’t want to do that once just to say, “Look what I can do” is a total mystery.

Oh and seriously man- You consistently post some puzzling takes, but this one might take the cake. “LeBron is a high school level dunker.” Wow.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lebron in the dunk contest would be boring. Hes had the same dunk since debuting 15 years ago. I don't think he had the grace and creativity to be in the funk contest 

i might watch just to see him lose 

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

YES, you juvenile fucking moron,and you’re certainly alone in thinking you that you don’t comport yourself like an absolute child. Jesus.

Oh, for fucks sake, go fuck yourself.  I do not agree with the fact that KP did anything wrong.  I don't agree that he did something by doing nothing.  I refereed for 18 years, and in my professional opinion, this is all on Curry.  Had KP stuck his leg out, had his leg on the playing surface, etc., then 100% on him.  That doesn't mean that KP isn't an asshole trying to cause trouble... history has proven that he definitely IS one.  But he literally stayed in that same position since after the turnover, and didn't move.  You want to agree to disagree, or would you like to continue slinging names (isn't that juvenile as well?  Or does that not fit your narrative?)

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Why the fuck does the NBA drag out these series? They used to do Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday as the days. Now it's one game, 2 days off. No need for that shit. We should have a game tonight.

I am fine with the extra day off b/t travel dates, but I would have rather seen game 2 be on Saturday rather than Sunday. That would still put game 3 tonight... so I guess you're right. 

I am fine with the extra day off b/t travel dates, but I would have rather seen game 2 be on Saturday rather than Sunday. That would still put game 3 tonight... so I guess you're right. 
Eh this isn't the old days where you travel by bus. Travel is easy these days. There's no need for all these 2 days off between games.

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Why the fuck does the NBA drag out these series? They used to do Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday as the days. Now it's one game, 2 days off. No need for that shit. We should have a game tonight.

Wow, I am surprised there is not a game tonight.

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm ok with it. After the Finals are done, there is nothing left but MLB. I would'nt mind if the NBA season started later and lasted through the whole summer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, ernest_t_bass said:

Eh this isn't the old days where you travel by bus. Travel is easy these days. There's no need for all these 2 days off between games.

Why do you want basketball to be done with?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
19 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
Why do you want basketball to be done with?

But we aren't getting more basketball. It's just being drug out further for no reason. It used to not be like this.

Think of it like this...wed be on game like 4 if it was just 1 travel day.

Dragging it out means we're doing hard time now but benefit later. Especially when theres nothing between the NBA finals and the start of college football. Probably a week-2 weeks less of games to look forward to 

The only downside is this series wont be more than 5 games so 

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

Good timing. You can bet that Cleveland is going to trap the shit out of Curry tonight. They tried to in Game 1, but they were too undisciplined to consistently get it right, so they shifted to just switching every single pick, living with Steph roasting Love and Nance.

They'll try to do better tonight; they don't have much of a choice. Golden State leans on Steph to run the offense when the going gets tough in the playoffs. 5 of the 10 ball most screens set for Curry since Durant joined have come against Cleveland and Houston these past two postseasons. You're only hope is to trap to get the ball out of his hands, stay home on shooters, and make someone else beat you in space. Having a playmaker like Iggy as a perimeter outlet over Looney or Livingston is huge.

On 6/5/2018 at 11:44 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Summer League Basketball hasn't been horrible to watch in july. World Cup will help a little buyt come august 1 the days fucking drag out leading into college football.

agreed.  the rest of june and most of july will be tolerable due to the nba draft, free agency, summer league and the world cup.  but the end of july and august are brutal.