The Boat Fanatic Thread

Yarbr

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/malibu-boats-comments-litigation-filed-213500077.html

https://www.tradeonlytoday.com/manufacturers/lawsuit-filed-against-malibu-boats

Interesting suit going on with Malibu and Tommy’s. Tommy’s side is that Malibu offered incentives that were never paid for them to increase their floor plan size and overstock slow moving high end boats to help their numbers. They are one of the larger boat dealership brands I know of. I’ve worked with them a few times in the past on buying or trying to buy.

I also did not realize the other brands including the saltwater brands that Malibu had acquired over the years. With their large out of pocket settlement last year, things are bound to get interesting.

Last time I went out we got over powered by the wind and that sucked. 

today was gorgeous, another down wind tack that made my heart sing. Wife and I enjoying the dock life with wine and cheese wishing we were in Catalina.

IMG_4598.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, G650 said:

Gorgeous day on the water here yesterday, 75 degrees and 10-15 knots with a couple puffs to 20. Was nice to get back on the home waters for first time in quite awhile.

We were a tad warmer and winds the same. It was sublime.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been focused on sailing and our set up doesn’t give us easy access at sunset. So it wasn’t until yesterday that we got to hang out on the surf boat until the sun went down.  Sun came out after a full day of rain. Pretty straight forward sunset but still incredible. God I love this time of year. 

IMG_4656.jpeg

IMG_4657.jpeg

IMG_4665.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

On 4/14/2024 at 5:10 PM, troph said:

Last time I went out we got over powered by the wind and that sucked. 

today was gorgeous, another down wind tack that made my heart sing. Wife and I enjoying the dock life with wine and cheese wishing we were in Catalina.

IMG_4598.jpeg

looks like lakeway marina.

On 5/12/2024 at 10:49 AM, markstanco said:

I need some fenders for a 24 foot boat, and looking at like a 4.5 X 16 size. Problem is of course storage while on the water.

Any of y’all use those flat, rectangle ones? They work okay?

We use these Taylor Made fenders. I don’t know the size but they are big ones. Reason is that we tie up all the time with a lot of different sized boats and on Travis you can get some big wakes. You can run these horizontal or vertical and  with the rope thru the middle you can really get them where you need them if horizontal.  Allows a lot of flexibility between your rub rail height and other boats rail height along with dock heights. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FizzleFish said:

We use these Taylor Made fenders. I don’t know the size but they are big ones. Reason is that we tie up all the time with a lot of different sized boats and on Travis you can get some big wakes. You can run these horizontal or vertical and  with the rope thru the middle you can really get them where you need them if horizontal.  Allows a lot of flexibility between your rub rail height and other boats rail height along with dock heights. 

Forgot to add we also keep a couple extra on board along with extra dock lines because  it’s common for someone to try and tie up with inadequate fenders and lines (want longer lines for flexibility). 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Handcruser said:

How’s that mastercraft treating you?

Very well.  510 hours on it and not a single problem.  It just goes.  

I honestly wasn't a fan until I owned one.  Now I'm an Ilmore engine convert for sure.

By 500 hours my Nautique had several trips to the mechanic.

On 5/22/2021 at 10:53 AM, Armybrat said:

On 5/22/2021 at 11:18 AM, Bob Lives! said:

Looks like a yellow and black Mastercraft. Hopefully not our murder hornet.

f75ed85979d884fad4cda8b1a0937b19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This popped up in my FB memories so I had to go back and see if anyone had posted about it at the time, and sure enough...

image.png.a4a6e64d38b4729b7f3a770e203f56f1.png

image.png.85e66127ff95df1857cbbc7214948785.png

• Rage+1 1

So we rented a place in Hermosa Beach so I brought the boat up from San Pedro to King Harbor. Fleet week is in Pedro though. This was just outside my marina this morning. I borrowed a buddy's bike to get to and from the boat (about a mile and a half away- I have tons of friends down here). I left the boat wide open because I planned to sleep there. Then got to the house. I'm torn.
ebc725fe0e9493a5e6d62b3b474334ec.jpg
eae5cf3d1445b8362411d2b78733786d.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

So we rented a place in Hermosa Beach so I brought the boat up from San Pedro to King Harbor. Fleet week is in Pedro though. This was just outside my marina this morning. I borrowed a buddy's bike to get to and from the boat (about a mile and a half away- I have tons of friends down here). I left the boat wide open because I planned to sleep there. Then got to the house. I'm torn.
ebc725fe0e9493a5e6d62b3b474334ec.jpg

That’s a big boat you’ve got there.

• Like 1

took a nice sunset cruise, smelled the lake air with my dog, got a little handsy with the wifey before coming back, now listening to Clint Black and other old school country, cleaning my boat, barefoot on the dock with a beer in my hand, alone and loving it. 

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4793.jpeg

IMG_4798.jpeg

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1