The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #38 Official Thread

TrashMaster G

34 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Why are we wanting to fire a coach that has made 3 of 4 CWS and had us 1 hit from a national championship last year? 

This is all after getting depleted by the Covid draft or we would have some pretty salty arms right now. In spite of that we still got to Omaha and are very capable of winning the next 4 games with these bats.

it's what we do...

10.gif

12 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s that time of year when the baseball board becomes the most popular board - about 2 weeks a year - as reliable as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. Where “we’re Texas” actually means what was intended. The only bastion remaining of true amateur mens athletics and gratefully performed with the dominance we all crave. This is Texas Baseball, this is our true love. 

Say it again... A little slower this time...

excited andy samberg GIF

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Barnes hasn't made an elite eight in 15 years. He was done. 

and the BB program had been trash ever since.

We can be disappointed with the performance, compared to our expectations, but changing coaches should be last on our list.

Our pitching has been tenuous at best this season, and the arms are getting tired.  We are very fortunate to have made it to Omaha this year with the staff we have.  Our bats are also becoming sporadic.  The team needs to nut up and find motivation within themselves to get shit done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, freyguy said:

and the BB program had been trash ever since.

We can be disappointed with the performance, compared to our expectations, but changing coaches should be last on our list.

Our pitching has been tenuous at best this season, and the arms are getting tired.  We are very fortunate to have made it to Omaha this year with the staff we have.  Our bats are also becoming sporadic.  The team needs to nut up and find motivation within themselves to get shit done.

Find motivation? 

They mashed the fuck out of the ball last night and got unlucky. 

Baseball.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Hot teams coming into the cws always seem to win it. I’m not sure why I expected us to win. This team is so weird and has me feeling ragey like I was after the ecu game 1 loss. So let’s hope they come back hard like they did last weekend. Fuck aggy. Let’s send those pussies home in a blowout.

Agreed.  For some reason this team seems to want to start off slow when entering a tournament…like after winning a regional and then a super regional. Combine that with us playing teams (ECU, ND) that come out the gate hot just grateful to be where they are and play UT like its their championship.

I hate being in the losers bracket but this team does well with backs against the wall.  Which means they like to stress us out lol.  Fuk aggy. 

I will say it again, college baseball might be the toughest sport to win a national title in. The random variables, the depth required, the lucky bounces needed. There’s a reason a #1 overall seed hasn’t won it all in 20+ years or whatever and teams like Fresno State and Coastal Carolina have won titles in the last 15 years. 

I’m not conceding this season. I want to beat A&M’s ass tomorrow. But never take getting to Omaha for granted.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I will say it again, college baseball might be the toughest sport to win a national title in. The random variables, the depth required, the lucky bounces needed. There’s a reason a #1 overall seed hasn’t won it all in 20+ years or whatever and teams like Fresno State and Coastal Carolina have won titles in the last 15 years. 

I’m not conceding this season. I want to beat A&M’s ass tomorrow. But never take getting to Omaha for granted.

Look at Kansas basketball. Crazy good and consistent program. Competition in men's hoops is definitely deeper - but they made 7 elite eights between their first and second title, 7 between their second and third, and 5 between their third and fourth (that isn't including any of the championship year elite eights). They've never had some crazy string of titles. They just keep making deep tournament runs and they keep eventually winning it all. Texas went 27 years between titles and then 17 years between Gus and Augie titles. This is year 17. It happens - and it's fairly par for the course for our history. Just keep making it back. 

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Look at Kansas basketball. Crazy good and consistent program. Competition in men's hoops is definitely deeper - but they made 7 elite eights between their first and second title, 7 between their second and third, and 5 between their third and fourth (that isn't including any of the championship year elite eights). They've never had some crazy string of titles. They just keep making deep tournament runs and they keep eventually winning it all. Texas went 27 years between titles and then 17 years between Gus and Augie titles. This is year 17. It happens - and it's fairly par for the course for our history. Just keep making it back. 

Yep. Augie made it to the CWS 8 times at Texas and won it all twice. 25% of the time. And he’s the greatest college baseball coach ever.

• Hook 'Em 3

And all this talk that this is the year, I think we’re going to be a top 10 team again. Campbell, Gordon, Kennedy, O’Dowd, Skenes(hopefully), Kash with an ocean of arms we’re developing pretty well (duplantier, morehouse, Sthele, LBJ, Southard, Harrison, hopefully Cobb comes back and Stewart develops) and we have a loaded recruiting class coming in. Pierce has the program rolling  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

And all this talk that this is the year, I think we’re going to be a top 10 team again. Campbell, Gordon, Kennedy, O’Dowd, Skenes(hopefully), Kash with an ocean of arms we’re developing pretty well (duplantier, morehouse, Sthele, LBJ, Southard, Harrison, hopefully Cobb comes back and Stewart develops) and we have a loaded recruiting class coming in. Pierce has the program rolling  

Daly and Whitehead as well. Hoping we get one of Kennedy or Hodo back and don’t lose Southard to the draft.

Duplantier and Sthele in their second years post Tommy John are extremely intriguing. Add in Harrison and LBJ and we will have some options in the pen. This isn’t even factoring in the Nixon wildcard.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm saying anyone that thinks David Pierce should be fired should maybe walk away from the keyboard for awhile.

Yeah, Pierce has been very good overall. I just wish he would change a few things that are obvious weaknesses *cough* third base coach *cough*

But, he had us in first in the conference and Omaha his second season. Obviously struggled his third, but had what looked like a really strong team his truncated 4th season (I think that team would have made noise in Omaha). And then had us in first again in conference and a few bounces (or one MSU pitcher) away from the championship series in Omaha. Wanting him fired is fucking crazy. His first 6 seasons compare pretty well with Augie's first 6 ("only one thing left to do....").

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Daly and Whitehead as well. Hoping we get one of Kennedy or Hodo back and don’t lose Southard to the draft.

Duplantier and Sthele in their second years post Tommy John are extremely intriguing. Add in Harrison and LBJ and we will have some options in the pen. This isn’t even factoring in the Nixon wildcard.

Yeah I didn’t include Daly so I wouldn’t trigger anyone but an infield of kash ar first, Daly at 2nd, O’Dowd at short and Campbell or a grad transfer at 3rd with skenes behind the plate would be salty 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I didn’t include Daly so I wouldn’t trigger anyone but an infield of kash ar first, Daly at 2nd, O’Dowd at short and Campbell or a grad transfer at 3rd with skenes behind the plate 

Daly's going to bounce back. 

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Sure but i have it on good authority that he can't recruit

Edited by B00M
He's still sending melendez

16 minutes ago, B00M said:

Sure but i have it on good authority that he can't recruit

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Did something good happen= Tulo did it

Did something bad happen= Pierce did it

And Kody was the sole reason we made it to Omaha in 2018

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

The 2018 Omaha run was all Tulo despite him not being on staff yet. Just the possibility of Tulo joining the staff two years later allowed our guys to push through Pierce trying to torpedo the season.

And tulo also perfectly managed the bullpen full of rag tags. And turned Hamilton into a dangerous hitter. And recruited DJ, Bocchi and Mason 

23 minutes ago, slorch said:

FWIW, Guns Up for taking out aggy in your next game and send those sumbeeches packin.

I hate those motherfuckers and I hope they burn in hell.

I will never understand why atm didn’t embrace y’all’s rival. Well I know why but y’all are just the perfect rivals for each other 

Just now, Fletch said:

I will never understand why atm didn’t embrace y’all’s rival. Well I know why but y’all are just the perfect rivals for each other 

No fucking way.

They try to big brother us the way y'all do them.  HUGE difference between aggy and Tech is that we are just fine with who we are.  We don't have to make up lies and spend 100% of our time that isn't sheep fuckin trying to tell others how we're the greatest fans/soldiers/ et al in the history of the planet.

Fuck Texas A&M.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

No fucking way.

They try to big brother us the way y'all do them.  HUGE difference between aggy and Tech is that we are just fine with who we are.  We don't have to make up lies and spend 100% of our time that isn't sheep fuckin trying to tell others how we're the greatest fans/soldiers/ et al in the history of the planet.

Fuck Texas A&M.

No that’s exactly what I meant. It would’ve been a perfect heated rivalry that y’all would of course dominate 

22 minutes ago, slorch said:

No fucking way.

Fuck Texas A&M.

Yeah y'all are annoying fuckheads just the same but you're more interested in partying and pounding slutty snatch than sitting in the war bunker coming up with fake narratives about your school's accomplishments. 

You've also played for a national championship in a big 3 sport in the past 80 years so there's that, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

So who do we want to win between ou and notre dame? I think we match up better with the Irish and we can handle ou in an elimination game. We were on pitchers last night, just didn’t get the right hops. Plus I think notre dame has a better shot at pulling an ecu and start counting outs and putting pressure on themselves 

discuss 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

So who do we want to win between ou and notre dame? I think we match up better with the Irish and we can handle ou in an elimination game. We were on pitchers last night, just didn’t get the right hops. Plus I think notre dame has a better shot at pulling an ecu and start counting outs and putting pressure on themselves 

discuss 

Give me OU without Horton or Bennett available.

• Hook 'Em 1