Austin FC

Bottlecap

I lasted longer than most but this is the same attack that we had through September last year with two differences.  Ring having to play center back and …. Rigoni.   They need to run lineups out the next few weeks without Rigoni   I don’t care if he is a DP   

and do the same with Zardes.  

41 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

Zardes is about to pop his cherry on this second corner.

I have nothing at all to base this on except for undeserved optimism.

Take that back.  Based on nothing at all.

If there is one thing I don’t have with Zardes -  it’s optimism. The guy has the first touch of Christy Brown and would miss the water if he fell out of a boat. 

• Like 1

That's 2 goals for Austin in our last six league matches.

That just won't cut it in any league.

Yeah…this side couldn’t score in Boystown with a roll of $100s.
Those were two evenly matched sides…they are both pretty blah.
Gallagher is our sole bright spot, and maybe Stuver, although he’s still prone to gaffes. Lima had an ok game, he hustled.
The crowd is even lower energy - mediocrity is contagious.

We hit the trailers in the Sunoco parking lot for the first time - some solid taco offerings there, we’ll be back. So, that was nice. High point of the evening.

50 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

If there is one thing I don’t have with Zardes -  it’s optimism. The guy has the first touch of Christy Brown and would miss the water if he fell out of a boat. 

Well, I don’t either.  I just figure if I say it enough times maybe it will be right.  Same thing with Rigoni. Although for all the shit he gets, Rigoni spacial awareness/where he make his runs/where he shows for the ball -  is really good.  But then he gets the ball and… you know the rest.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The boy is playing at Austin tonight with the MLS Next.  St. Louis v Austin. Watching online. He’s a CB for St Louis, #40. Captain 

That's cool.  I wish I would caught that - looks like its already over.  I can't find the game on Apple TV.

18 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

That's cool.  I wish I would caught that - looks like its already over.  I can't find the game on Apple TV.

Yeah, today you had to stream it. Usually they are on AppleTV, once you check the MLS NEXT box.

Austin beat them, 0-2, it just went final. St. Louis won the title last year but, so far they have not won in four games.

Last summer Austin had him come in for two weeks to workout with the first team. But then it went goofy with the coach getting the Covid, and practices being cancelled and such. And then they said that they would like him at CB, if he were five years older, which is what Moenchengladbach said, Mannheim said, as well as about five other MLS teams.

He’ll get there, it’s just a matter of when.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Yeah, today you had to stream it. Usually they are on AppleTV, once you check the MLS NEXT box.

Austin beat them, 0-2, it just went final. St. Louis won the title last year but, so far they have not won in four games.

Last summer Austin had him come in for two weeks to workout with the first team. But then it went goofy with the coach getting the Covid, and practices being cancelled and such. And then they said that they would like him at CB, if he were five years older, which is what Moenchengladbach said, Mannheim said, as well as about five other MLS teams.

He’ll get there, it’s just a matter of when.

I was just told that St Louis won the Western Conference for second level last year, not the whole thing. A big reason was that they had a good bunch of this year’s first team playing for the second team because they did not yet have a first team. 

?

last season early on the stats said we shouldn’t have scored nearly as many goals as we did. Whether it was luck or over performance, as the season went on we had more and more trouble scoring at the rate we did at the beginning of the season. 

I’m saying the dudes we have just aren’t good enough going forward. They over performed last year. We’ve given up more goals than anyone would like but our injuries and departures on the back line don’t make that surprising. We’ve scored 6 goals in 7 games. Thats the more concerning issue. 

1 minute ago, drt said:

I’m saying the dudes we have just aren’t good enough going forward. They over performed last year. We’ve given up more goals than anyone would like but our injuries and departures on the back line don’t make that surprising. We’ve scored 6 goals in 7 games. Thats the more concerning issue. 

We aren't playing the same dudes. 

22 hours ago, ztejas said:

We aren't playing the same dudes. 

Agree we aren’t playing the same dudes from a coaching perspective but other than Djitte and I guess Hoesen, we have the same dudes in the attack.  I don’t think the inability to score is due to missing Cascante and Gabrielsen but maybe I am underestimating Ring’s importance to the midfield.  Clearly Wolff did too though given he benched him game 1. 

A special "fuck you" to Apple TV. I went to bed last night at halftime and planned on watching the 2nd half this morning. Woke up, poured my coffee, turned on Apple, scrolled to the game, and when I clicked play, it pulled up a screen with the final score. Thanks for spoiling it, assholes. 

But it looks like they might have done me a favor.

Larry-david GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

Ive been pretty excited to follow this team since the started, been to a couple handful of games, joined Los Verdes the first couple seasons (I'll leave out my opinions for their weird selves in case any are here), but man this year is already breaking me as a fan. If they don't play with heart, why would I give my heart (and also money, probably most importantly)

16 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Ive been pretty excited to follow this team since the started, been to a couple handful of games, joined Los Verdes the first couple seasons (I'll leave out my opinions for their weird selves in case any are here), but man this year is already breaking me as a fan. If they don't play with heart, why would I give my heart (and also money, probably most importantly)

I'm not a member of any group, but I still have the most fun at Austin FC games compared to other sporting events. A beer or two at punchbowl social with friends, then head on up to PointsBet for a singular overpriced drink and popcorn before going into the stadium. Losing sucks, but I had Baylor football season tickets from 1997-2010 so I know how to handle losing fine.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/23/2023 at 7:10 AM, HornOnTheBayou said:

A special "fuck you" to Apple TV. I went to bed last night at halftime and planned on watching the 2nd half this morning. Woke up, poured my coffee, turned on Apple, scrolled to the game, and when I clicked play, it pulled up a screen with the final score. Thanks for spoiling it, assholes.

There is a setting on Apple TV to turn off scores on previews and game links.  Not sure if it would cover your specific issue or not, but if you haven't done that - give it a try.

• Hook 'Em 2