Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Combo of henley, bocci and (gulp) odonnell?

That gives me heartburn. Our 3 starters did well against them but the idea of someone like Bocci facing this line up does not give me the warm fuzzies inside.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

Been putting pitching together in my head for tomorrow ever since Henley came in. 

Best I can come up with is Henley for 3, pjr for 3, and McGuire for 3, with josh ready for spot duty or longer. But if things go south for one of those guys, who knows who we’ll see. 

I want to say that there’s no way a team like Tennessee tech can have a 3rd good starter, but I’d probably say the same about them having 9 good hitters and here they are. 

At 4-1 I think I’d rather have seen someone other than Henley, but I also understand pierce playing to get to tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Been putting pitching together in my head for tomorrow ever since Henley came in. 

Best I can come up with is Henley for 3, pjr for 3, and McGuire for 3, with josh ready for spot duty or longer. But if things go south for one of those guys, who knows who we’ll see. 

I want to say that there’s no way a team like Tennessee tech can have a 3rd good starter, but I’d probably say the same about them having 9 good hitters and here they are. 

At 4-1 I think I’d rather have seen someone other than Henley, but I also understand pierce playing to get to tomorrow. 

They will likely throw Hursey tomorrow. Lefty with a 4.52 ERA. 

They really don't have anymore quality arms out of the pen unless they throw Roberts again. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I wasn't thrilled about Pierce's decision to throw in Henley, but I also get that this TTU team can put up crooked numbers in a hurry and that he didn't want to risk it with elimination on the line and our bats from the 5-spot onwards giving us nothing on a consistent basis.

Edited by Machinator

The more I think about this, I might start Parker Joe Robinson. He's only thrown 28 innings this year so it's not like he isn't fresh. 

Parker Joe Robinson throws strikes and had Tennessee Tech hitters baffled on Saturday. 

I think Parker Joe Robinson could give us 3 or 4 innings as a starter. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The more I think about this, I might start Parker Joe Robinson. He's only thrown 28 innings this year so it's not like he isn't fresh. 

Parker Joe Robinson throws strikes and had Tennessee Tech hitters baffled on Saturday. 

I think Parker Joe Robinson could give us 3 or 4 innings as a starter. 

I'm down.   Bocci has been suspect at times.