Tennessee Tech @ Texas: Austin Super Regional Thread

Horny Bull

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The more I think about this, I might start Parker Joe Robinson. He's only thrown 28 innings this year so it's not like he isn't fresh. 

Parker Joe Robinson throws strikes and had Tennessee Tech hitters baffled on Saturday. 

I think Parker Joe Robinson could give us 3 or 4 innings as a starter. 

He had them baffled but he didn’t see the same hitter twice. Also, why are you spelling his name out fully every time. It’s like some ESPN dude speaking “National Football League” incessantly when NFL will do just fine. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

He had them baffled but he didn’t see the same hitter twice. Also, why are you spelling his name out fully every time. It’s like some ESPN dude speaking “National Football League” incessantly when NFL will do just fine. 

We will win this baseball game if our baseball players play their best baseball.

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

If starting Henley and shooting for 3-4 innings before going to Robinson, Sawyer, etc is an option then that gets my vote. If not then start Sawyer. 

30-40 pitches is usually just bullpen. I realize the bullpen is not the day before a game but his outing was fairly stress free. just try to keep the lactic acid from building up.

I could see him easily going 70-75 pitches tomorrow.  I'd go with Parker Joe to start.  then Sawyer and then Henley if things are going well.  if they get to PJRthen go Henley.

I've been impressed with our pitching.  they have only given up  4 earned in my mind.  they didn't give Shaw an error but it was and it cost us 2.  Kody's E cost us one.

Edited by dcar00

8 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Our best bet is probably to not let any of their hitters see a pitcher twice tomorrow. Idk if we’ll be able to accomplish that but it would be ideal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

30-40 pitches is usually just bullpen. I realize the bullpen is not the day before a game but his outing was fairly stress free. 

Yup. Outside of the lead off HR did anybody else even get on base? Those were 3 stress free innings. I think he retired 9 in a row after the HR. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Making them stay at the Omni down south huh. 
Hope they enjoyed their bill Miller bbq

Not the Omni. Won’t say which hotel they went to because surly might surly. But it’s south of the Shell/circle c.

Was filling up the rental before returning it in the AM. Going AUS-> JFK tomorrow. Anyway, these guys are not big. About my size.

28dc90ec8dc633a8f1360d06de5f11b0.heic

5580e98c59371aff77339d4178c839d4.heic

4c1a435abed9457aeae14a62a885cf0c.heic

64d056c653fb1d56db7cb5220a8752ea.heic

10 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Anybody know the reason for the hour long traffic jam exiting the garage?

I parked in the garage both games but in the 7th inning I go move to a street spot.  that thing looks like it would be a nightmare to get out of if everyone tries to leave at the same time.