Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

He’s gutting it out hurt and making some very very good throws and missing some guys. He missed half his junior year, skipped his senior year and got hurt two times in his two years starting. He’s started something like 30 games since his sophomore year of high school. 
he’s gonna be fucking awesome if he comes back next year. He’s currently a very good quarter back that will likely be a Heisman finalist next year. 
Some of yall need to eat less paint chips. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 9

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s cutting it out hurt and making some very very good throws and missing some guys. He missed half his junior year, skipped his senior year and got hurt two times in his two years starting. He’s started something like 30 games since his sophomore year of high school. 
he’s gonna be fucking awesome if he comes back next year. He’s currently a very good quarter back that will likely be a Heisman finalist next year. 

If he’s not 30/30 5 td’s and 300+ yards he’s trash 

• Hook 'Em 1

He’s gutting it out hurt and making some very very good throws and missing some guys. He missed half his junior year, skipped his senior year and got hurt two times in his two years starting. He’s started something like 30 games since his sophomore year of high school. 

Fewer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm a big Ewers fan, but his lack of field vision has been a recurring theme going back to last year. He is who he is at this point. He's great if things are schemed up for him and sometimes he can even thread some balls into tight windows, but when it comes to creating on his own, he isn't that.

I appreciate the fact that he's the best we've had since Colt, but I also believe that distinction will be short-lived.

Hopefully he balls out the rest of the way, then comes back and makes major strides over the off-season to become a first round draft pick in the 2025 NFL draft. 

9 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I'm a big Ewers fan, but his lack of field vision has been a recurring theme going back to last year. He is who he is at this point. He's great if things are schemed up for him and sometimes he can even thread some balls into tight windows, but when it comes to creating on his own, he isn't that.

I appreciate the fact that he's the best we've had since Colt, but I also believe that distinction will be short-lived.

Hopefully he balls out the rest of the way, then comes back and makes major strides over the off-season to become a first round draft pick in the 2025 NFL draft. 

He is what he is for this year, sure. But, just like he got a metric shot ton better last offseason to this I will bet he makes big strides this offseason.  
Flat out, he will be in NYC if healthy next year and  go top 5 in the draft. If he’s banged up I trust Arch. I think Arch is gonna be special. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Man, it’s been discussed on here plenty of times. Sark expects his qb’s to run a nfl style offense. The routes are deep and take good timing with a big arm to make them regularly. Our OL is not built across the starting 5 just yet for Quinn to be able to confidently put his eyes down field without fear of being raped. There are almost always 5 DB’s against 3 or 4 wr’s. Once he gets to the nfl and they stop that bullshit defense on every down he is going to tear shit up. Brooks doesn’t have 1100 yards without Quinn being the starter. If Quinn were playing in that back yard football offense that Riley runs he would have the numbers too, look what happens when Williams plays a good defense. He turns to shit, he’s going to struggle in the nfl just like every other qb who runs a gimmicky college offense in order to get stats. 

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

He is who he is? He’s a 20 year old sophomore. He’s got at least one more offseason and season of dev and I’m excited. 

QE as THE Man next year with arch getting real snaps in the 3rd and 4th will be HUGE for this program. Back to back ballers for the first time in over a decade. Sweet Jesus.

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is not accurate unless you are talking strictly win totals. 

When push comes to shove that’s what matters. There is no world I live in where 11-1 and the QB behind center for that team isn’t unequivocally celebrated especially given the last 13 years. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, troph said:

He is who he is? He’s a 20 year old sophomore. He’s got at least one more offseason and season of dev and I’m excited. 

QE as THE Man next year with arch getting real snaps in the 3rd and 4th will be HUGE for this program. Back to back ballers for the first time in over a decade. Sweet Jesus.

I agree with you. He's made good strides this year, but the ability to see the field is a longer curve skill. Hopefully the delay of his NFL career will let him build upon the improved maturity he showed this past offseason. Hopefully he picks up on that deficiency and addresses hard ahead of his final year. 

Fortunately, he'll be seeing easier coverages next year with the improved OL, RBs, and SEC meathead tendencies.

• Hook 'Em 3

I hope he comes back. And we continue to develop Arch who we can see is coming along nicely. Imagine getting to reload with a “ready” for PrimeTime Arch. No one really has that. Most teams go through growing pains when their QB leaves. We won’t (hopefully if it works out this.) it’s like air traffic controllers call pushing tin. Lining up all the planes to land one right after another. Arch wants to play out his career here and when his time comes we should have someone waiting in the wings. Like he was. So awesome. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

I agree with you. He's made good strides this year, but the ability to see the field is a longer curve skill. Hopefully the delay of his NFL career will let him build upon the improved maturity he showed this past offseason. Hopefully he picks up on that deficiency and addresses hard ahead of his final year. 

Fortunately, he'll be seeing easier coverages next year with the improved OL, RBs, and SEC meathead tendencies.

I agree but I also think Jr year is when that stuff starts to click. The game has to slow down even more for that to emerge - that just takes time. It’s the same in every sport. We’ve been so fucked on QB play we’ve forgotten how long it can take to really develop an elite heisman level QB. Right now we have a superb QB that with this offense, play calling and personnel is already CFP elite. That’s nuts.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, troph said:

When push comes to shove that’s what matters. There is no world I live in where 11-1 and the QB behind center for that team isn’t unequivocally celebrated especially given the last 13 years. 

I’m glad we are 11-1 and Quinn has been really solid and at times great. But he’s not ahead of Colt’s trajectory or on VYs. You can’t ignore Colt’s freshman year and at this point VY was already Superman.  That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t celebrate him and the play we’ve gotten. That’s all I mean.

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Anyone calling for Arch over Ewers right now is a god damn moron.

I hope that isn’t real life. 

Edited by hobbes2702

3 hours ago, troph said:

QE is already ahead of Colt in terms of sophomore trajectory and he’s on par with VY

this again?

now, for what is hopefully the last time: this thread is not a safe space. people are here to discuss QE and his performance. except that every time someone says something critical the thread police hop out like it’s a swat raid and dog pile whoever dares to have an opinion that isn’t 100% rosy. this place is hornfans with fewer banning and more pegging. you guys have made it that way.

now please- can we keep our posts in this thread related to the thread topic? please? 

Edited by shadow_operative

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m glad we are 11-1 and Quinn has been really solid and at times great. But he’s not ahead of Colt’s trajectory or on VYs. You can’t ignore Colt’s freshman year and at this point VY was already Superman.  That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t celebrate him and the play we’ve gotten. That’s all I mean.

I hope that isn’t real life. 

I don’t think he’s better than VY. That’s silly. But he’s an upper echelon sophomore and will be a heisman candidate when the season starts. Not sure how the roster stacks up next year but Texas has to be a top 5 team preseason. Basically he’s good enough to knock off the heavy criticism (acknowledging he can get better at several aspects of his game) and enjoy the stellar season he’s having … as a sophomore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this again?

this is not a safe space. people are here to discuss QE and his performance. except that every time someone says something the critical the thread police hop out like it’s a swat raid and dog pile whoever dares to have an opinion that isn’t 100% rosy. this place is hornfans with fewer banning and more pegging. you guys have made it that way.

now please- can we keep our posts in this thread related to the thread topic? please? 

Comparing records bro. the only thing that matters. Colt soph year 9-3,  VY soph year 11-1, Quinn soph year 11-1.

you’re the one asking for a safe space and I’m not the police of shit. I think any criticism of QE  beyond standard he needs to keep improving is horse shit.  

Stop splitting peoples posts. Take mine in full context or GTFO. 

Edited by troph

11 minutes ago, troph said:

will be a heisman candidate when the season starts.

if he’s a heisman candidate at the beginning of next year it’s because he’s the QB at Texas, because he’s hyped up his whole life, and because his coach and his teammates make his stats look a lot better than his actual performance.

does he actually deserve to be a heisman candidate? in a word, no. where does he rank among his own team’s best players? maybe top 10? maybe outside the top 10? point is, any heisman talk is fan and media BS. quinn ewers has not been leading his team to victory week and week out, he’s mostly been an inconsistent piece of a puzzle that has some truly all american/award worth badasses and a QB genius HC and play caller who has tailored an offense to QE’s strengths and weaknesses. i can name a dozen games off the top of my head where VY or Colt led us to victory and were the difference in winning and losing. that’s not what Quinn does for this team. never has been. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

if he’s a heisman candidate at the beginning of next year it’s because he’s the QB at Texas, because he’s hyped up his whole life, and because his coach and his teammates make his stats look a lot better than his actual performance.

he actually deserve to be a heisman candidate? in a word, no. where does he rank among his own team’s best players? maybe top 10? maybe outside the top 10? point is, any heisman talk is fan and media BS. quinn ewers has not been leading his team to victory week and week out, he’s mostly been an inconsistent piece of a puzzle that has some truly all american/award worth badasses and a QB genius HC and play caller who has tailored an offense to QE’s strengths and weaknesses. i can name a dozen games off the top of my head where VY or Colt led us to victory and were the difference in winning and losing. that’s not what Quinn does for this team. never has been. 

I completely disagree. He’s a sophomore QB on a top 7 team with 11-1 record in a pass first offense. He touches the ball every down. What is Quinn Ewers — not some also ran he’s a super talented sophomore playing as good or better than every other under class man QB in college football.

*Milroe is now arguably playing better. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, troph said:

Comparing records bro. the only thing that matters.

just because the QB gets assigned the win and the loss doesn’t mean he won or lost the game. i’m struggling to remember a single Texas game ever where QE was the most consequential player in leading us to victory, something VY and Colt did regularly. VY and Colt were the best and most impactful players on their teams. as i’ve just said, QE is a borderline top 10 player on this team. he is not the one leading us to victory week in and week out. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I completely disagree.

with what? are you saying he deserves to be a heisman candidate simply because the QB of a good team, even though he’s nowhere near the best or most impactful player on his own team?

• Hook 'Em 1

I think best case scenario is QE to come back and Arch takes all the 2nd team reps all next year. That gives us the best chance next year but also get Arch some important development. Of course MM might have a say in that but if the coaches think Arch is the future, he needs to get all those 2nd reps.

Also, lol at thinking Quinn "is who he is" at this point. He's a sophomore. QBs get better well into their pro years. QE has been much better this year and I'd expect continued improvement next year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

just because the QB gets assigned the win and the loss doesn’t mean he won or lost the game. i’m struggling to remember a single Texas game ever where QE was the most consequential player in leading us to victory, something VY and Colt did regularly. VY and Colt were the best and most impactful players on their teams. as i’ve just said, QE is a borderline top 10 player on this team. he is not the one leading us to victory week in and week out. 

with what? are you saying he deserves to be a heisman candidate simply because the QB of a good team, even though he’s nowhere near the best or most impactful player on his own team?

DUDE! I’ve already said Colt and VY were better QBs man. Just fucking stop. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Every QB performing better than him are upper classmen. He’s a going into his junior campaign and if he makes the strides from soph to junior that he did from freshman to sophomore you bet your ass his numbers should be near the top. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Every QB performing better than him are upper classmen. He’s a going into his junior campaign and if he makes the strides from soph to junior that he did from freshman to sophomore you bet your ass his numbers should be near the top. 

Surly has a serious challenge grasping the concept of players getting better year over year. Maybe fair bc of the Herman era but still, it's funny.

Obv that doesn't mean he's guaranteed to get better but you'd expect him to. Same with other positions.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

24 minutes ago, troph said:

Comparing records bro. the only thing that matters.

also, you’re giving quinn credit for multiple wins where he never took the field. maalik murphy, who is wildly inferior to quinn, (and probably Arch) started and played two whole games where we crushed BYU and then beat a ranked K State team. which is A)why we don’t act like the QB is the sole factor behind the w/l record, and B)further example of just how good/important the rest of the team is. this argument where you attribute our w/l record to quinn is not an apt one.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:47 AM, shadow_operative said:

people keep referencing this, but it’s a disingenuous comparison. colt’s sophomore year was an outlier (he was coming off a neck injury and he lost his nfl o-line from his freshman year,

What horse shit mental gymnastics. Can’t compare colts sophomore year because he was hurt the year before, but Ewers playing through an injury in the year he is hurt and he is who he is. Colt lost his NFL line but Ewers has one?  (I disagree with the amount of bitching about or OL, but that’s an another thread. 

People were calling for colt to be replaced his sophomore year. Probably the same morons like you shiting on Ewers now. 

Ewers had made tremendous improvement. He has injury issues. If he comes back a third year and stays healthy he’ll be a heisman candidate. He was already being discussed before his injury. 

ewers

D2CC4226-3E50-44B6-B5CA-2142C47DE291.thumb.png.d75a6cb77a08946c28f324ca3d972881.png

colt

6084F946-A05B-44D2-8CE1-B7AED2B8E7FB.jpeg

Edited by UT_OB1

55 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Even if Quinn comes back, Arch needs to come in every few series to gain valuable reps. Can't let him waste away on the bench for 2 years undeveloped 

This would be terrible for the team which would significantly increase your post count.  So that’s a big no.  

3 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

What horse shit mental gymnastics. Can’t compare colts sophomore year because he was hurt the year before, but Ewers playing through an injury in the year he is hurt and he is who he is. Colt lost his NFL line but Ewers has one?  (I disagree with the amount of bitching about or OL, but that’s an another thread. 

People were calling for colt to be replaced his sophomore year. Probably the same morons like you shiting on Ewers now. 

Ewers had made tremendous improvement. He has injury issues. If he comes back a third year and stays healthy he’ll be a heisman candidate. He was already being discussed before his injury. 

ewers

D2CC4226-3E50-44B6-B5CA-2142C47DE291.thumb.png.d75a6cb77a08946c28f324ca3d972881.png

colt

Thank you for posting the comparisons. I had to hold a ladder for the wifey so I had to walk away but this is what I was going to look up. It’ll be hard for QE to match Colt but half of that is because colt stuck around for his senior year and QE certainly will not. Can you imagine QE getting better for two more seasons like frosh to soph year? Texas would be the hands down fav to win it all his senior year. As it stands we will be one of the favorites next year.

and lets not forget Colt had continuity and a NC culture in place when he took over. 

again, I don’t know how QE finishes his career better than Colt and certainly no one can be better than VY. But QE is a stellar sophomore QB. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

Thank you for posting the comparisons. I had to hold a ladder for the wifey so I had to walk away but this is what I was going to look up. It’ll be hard for QE to match Colt but half of that is because colt stuck around for his senior year and QE certainly will not. Can you imagine QE getting better for two more seasons like frosh to soph year? Texas would be the hands down fav to win it all his senior year. As it stands we will be one of the favorites next year.

and lets not forget Colt had continuity and a NC culture in place when he took over. 

again, I don’t know how QE finishes his career better than Colt and certainly no one can be better than VY. But QE is a stellar sophomore QB. 

Colt threw more INT’s as sophomore than Quinn may throw his entire career. Colt couldn’t beat Aggy or k-state consistently to save his fucking life. His deep ball was awful. He was just a gamer tho, will to win like no other but he was not some transcendent qb that college football drools over. He’s a legend at Texas but most of college football has forgotten him already. If Quinn played all 4 years here under Sark he would leave with every record possible and a couple heisman visits. I say all that to agree with you and disagree with Derka lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

I appreciate the fact that Quinn returned from injury when the team needed him, to his own detriment. After Maalik started those two games the rest of the season was anything but a lock. Quinn is out there immobile and throwing less than 100% putting bad film out there for NFL and Surly QB gurus to pick apart. But the team is winning. Even with his gimpy ass missing a few throws and taking sacks- he is still better than 90% of P5 starting QBs.

He's a Longhorn legend

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

ewers

colt

The fact that we have fans who don’t understand sophomore Quinn is better than sophomore Colt is both amusing and annoying to me. Not as annoying as those who mindlessly prop up shitty performances that are clearly shitty, but close. 

6 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

I appreciate the fact that Quinn returned from injury when the team needed him, to his own detriment. After Maalik started those two games the rest of the season was anything but a lock. Quinn is out there immobile and throwing less than 100% putting bad film out there for NFL and Surly QB gurus to pick apart. But the team is winning. Even with his gimpy ass missing a few throws and taking sacks- he is still better than 90% of P5 starting QBs.

He's a Longhorn legend

He’s certainly not a pussy. 

Colt’s junior and senior years were phenomenal, coulda shoulda been two national titles. We were that close and he was that good. So I’m hard pressed to make any future comparisons. QE has a ways to go to be that - I think. But shit the cards fall the right way the next two weeks he might get a chance. But more realistically next year will be the money year for an apples to apples comparison. But soph to soph, QE is the better performer between the two. Even if it’s 9-1 this year and not 11-1. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The story is still being written about QE. One thing he has as  an advantage is Sark. Colt had GDGD. I shudder to think what QE would look like in GDGD’s offense. It nearly got Colt killed. I have eaten crow on QE and I think he’s coming along fairly well. I think the best thing for both UT and his development would be to come back next year. I do worry about his durability which is a fair question especially in the SEC. I think he’s not ready for the NFL at this time. I don’t want to fight over it like the last piece of pie leftover from Thanksgiving though. I’m just glad we have the roster we do and are gaining the ability to reload. I’m just not as attached to QE emotionally as I ever was/will be to Colt or VY. And some of that has to do with the rumors that he was going pro this coming year. I appreciate though having him at QB and hope he stays. He will only continue to improve and we will continue to improve as a team. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Colt threw more INT’s as sophomore than Quinn may throw his entire career. Colt couldn’t beat Aggy or k-state consistently to save his fucking life. His deep ball was awful. He was just a gamer tho, will to win like no other but he was not some transcendent qb that college football drools over. He’s a legend at Texas but most of college football has forgotten him already. If Quinn played all 4 years here under Sark he would leave with every record possible and a couple heisman visits. I say all that to agree with you and disagree with Derka lol. 

I mean he’s one of the like 10-20 best QBs of all time. Cool your jets there guy

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

New motto?

Incredible. Seconded

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

He's a Longhorn legend

He's not there yet IMO but could be damn close with a win next week, considering our recent history. What drives me up the wall is the mouth breathing part of our fan base who think QE sucks and has a weak arm and no awareness and can't throw over the middle and that Arch should be starting and all that shit. A lot of scary-dumb people out there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean he’s one of the like 10-20 best QBs of all time. Cool your jets there guy

Incredible. Seconded

The world of college football is fickle, recently I’ve seen that baker mayfield is now considered the best college qb ever. Multiple lists show him and cam newton above Vince, that’s pure lunacy but it is what it is. 

• Fuck You 1