Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

12 hours ago, Nivek said:

You aren’t reading what he is saying. You are just twisting what he wrote and then arguing against what you think he said.

The Worthy criticism on the int is valid, if the DB can run side by side then adjust to the ball than so should the WR. Him getting blasted by the other DB is irrelevant and after the fact.

The issue I have it with Sark putting Worthy out there, if he is getting blown off his routes so easily, than he cannot do the job. If he cannot do the job assigned, than he needs a different role that he can perform. I thought Quinn should have been benched in favor of Hudson. I respect they hell out of Card. I like Quinn as well, and Quinn has some work to do. Sark needed to be benched as well. His play calling started sucking as well. His head coach should have advised him.

Worthy is a fantastic athlete, but as a WR this year, he is a paper tiger. I hope he puts it together.

I know this may seem subtle to some of you but if you watch, HT tugs at Worthy’s jersey which pulls Worthy’s momentum back and allows HT to undercut the route. Those are little nuances you learn as a DB and while it doesn’t look like much on TV it makes a difference on the field. It was still a bad throw but I’m not sure there was much more Worthy could do.

16 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I know this may seem subtle to some of you but if you watch, HT tugs at Worthy’s jersey which pulls Worthy’s momentum back and allows HT to undercut the route. Those are little nuances you learn as a DB and while it doesn’t look like much on TV it makes a difference on the field. It was still a bad throw but I’m not sure there was much more Worthy could do.

This doesn't make sense.  If he pulled his Jersey with enough force, he would go forward and Worthy would go backward.   This is not what we saw.   If he pushed Worthy off, Worthy would go forward and the DB would go backward relative to the direction of the forces.  This is also not what we saw.   Worthy simply failed to track and adjust to the ball on that play.  The DB did not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Nivek said:

This doesn't make sense.  If he pulled his Jersey with enough force, he would go forward and Worthy would go backward.   This is not what we saw.   If he pushed Worthy off, Worthy would go forward and the DB would go backward relative to the direction of the forces.  This is also not what we saw.   Worthy simply failed to track and adjust to the ball on that play.  The DB did not. 

I guess it doesn’t make sense if you don’t understand what you are watching. There is a video in this very thread with every throw to Worthy. Go watch that play and focus on HT’s hands only at the top of the route. He tugs at Worthy’s jersey to make up ground with his right hand and then with the left he pushes Worthy so he can undercut the route. They aren’t going to jump out at you and I’m sure seems negligible on TV but makes a difference on the football field.

Edited by SarkAfterDark

10 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

What part did I twist specifically?  He said "a receiver needs to fight for this ball" and "you could end up getting a PI if you work your way back to it. Worthy makes no effort."  Worthy came back to the ball and was literally grabbing at HT, but he couldn't break up the interception because the other DB is there tackling him at that very moment.  The way TG implied it, Worthy just stood there and watched the INT happen when that's not reality.

image.png.62e00dc80acae6f580dfe2b9868458b8.png

Regarding Quinn, I think the inaccuracy is mostly in his head.  He was rattled by the early missed throws and drops...kept dropping his head and after that, he showed virtually no emotion at all.  Sark should have helped him out with easier/shorter throws to get him on track, because when things are working, we've seen he's capable of making all these throws.  If he continues being cold, take some pressure off him by playing Card and putting pressure on him instead.  Trotting Quinn out there to fail drive after drive isn't going to help his mental state.

Reaching your arm out after the interception or in response to being tackled isn't fighting for the ball and more than his feet are fighting for the ball here during the tackle.  The ball was intercepted BEFORE the contact was made IIRC.  

I also do not think Quinn is as frail as some think he is.  I do think he is trying to play hero ball, and I do not see his team helping him.   When all of the stars and potent players on the team Sanders, Quinn, Worthy, Bijan, Roshan, JWhitt, are unable to drive the field we have coaching issues.   Right now, it seems like Sark is coaching like a Madden gamer throwing a hail mary pass every down.   Our team is predictable, and our running game is predictable.  Our offensive line is improved but not good enough to dominate.   Our OC cannot adjust, and there is no objective person above him advising him to deviate from the path that is failing or to replace players when they aren't getting it done.     

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the way this thread about Quinn Ewers is going, we're not too far from seeing ThatGuy blaming Quinn's shitty throws and mechanics on Xavier Worthy's mom for not feeding her son enough protein as a kid. this is a masterclass in deflection. 

you are such a victim

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the way this thread about Quinn Ewers is going, we're not too far from seeing ThatGuy blaming Quinn's shitty throws and mechanics on Xavier Worthy's mom for not feeding her son enough protein as a kid. this is a masterclass in deflection. 

Word is X's mom made him drink soy milk growing up.

• Haha 1

>Quinn takes the snap

>Quinn has a clean pocket

>Quinn surveys the field, has an open man (or three)

>Quinn inexplicably launches the ball while off balance/off his back foot, throwing a wobbly duck up for grabs

now STOP. stop talking about everything that happens after this, because none of it is even relevant to the discussion. i don't give a shit if worthy caught the stupid pass and then punted it up into the stands, the buck stops with Quinn when he throws the ball off his back foot for zero discernible reason whatsoever. everything that happens after that is tangential to the problem, and at this point is *clearly* nothing more than disingenuous deflection. jesus.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I guess it doesn’t make sense if you don’t understand what you are watching. There is a video in this very thread with every throw to Worthy. Go watch that play and focus on HT’s hands only at the top of the route. He tugs at Worthy’s jersey to make up ground with his right hand and then with the left he pushes Worthy so he can undercut the route. They aren’t going to jump out at you and I’m sure seems negligible on TV but makes a difference on the football field.

It doesn't make sense because I understand a little about physics.  I also laughed when the baseball players said the spin of the ball made Nolan Ryan's pitches go up at the plate. 

I did rewatch the video, there is no push.  The guy has his hand out on/toward Worthy but does not push him or impact him in any way, there is no movement with Worthy's body or reaction to the supposed push.  There is no jersey pull as well from what I just rewatched.  

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It doesn't make sense because I understand a little about physics.  I also laughed when the baseball players said the spin of the ball made Nolan Ryan's pitches go up at the plate. 

I did rewatch the video, there is no push.  The guy has his hand out on/toward Worthy but does not push him or impact him in any way, there is no movement with Worthy's body or reaction to the supposed push.  There is no jersey pull as well from what I just rewatched.  

Well I guess you are just blind. They aren’t blatant pulls and pushes more like tugs and guiding. Really good DB work from HT because you can’t even see it lol

Edited by SarkAfterDark

I for one think that Hudson Card could have thrown deep balls that were uncatchable.... Only we tried to modify the offense for Card, throwing more underneath. Might not be a bad strategy considering we hit about one out of 5-6 deep balls. And those deep ball incompletions usually result in a punt.

I love Ewers quick release, but every QB is going to have a little bit of happy feet with our OL.  Not excusing missed reads, just saying big dogs in your face change your mindset.  Anyhow just sort of interesting to me that now UT no longer has a tradition of being in love with the back up QB.  I honestly think Card could have done everything Ewers did versus TCU, but that he would make a couple first downs with his feet.  

I just do not understand why we do not just toss 5-7 yard passes all day long to open up the run game.  Our OL simply cannot out physical the better DL's that we face, and won't be able to for another two years in all likelihood.  So fucking adapt and dink the motherfuckers to death just enough to keep the run defense guessing.  OR we can keep punting after throwing deep balls against better competition.  Deep balls are great when your guys win the talent speed race and you have plenty of time.  We would have been better off just using Worthy as a decoy running deep and dragging a safety into coverage and tossing the ball to Bijan 3 yards downfield.  And that's just the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Reaching your arm out after the interception or in response to being tackled isn't fighting for the ball and more than his feet are fighting for the ball here during the tackle.  The ball was intercepted BEFORE the contact was made IIRC.  

I also do not think Quinn is as frail as some think he is.  I do think he is trying to play hero ball, and I do not see his team helping him.   When all of the stars and potent players on the team Sanders, Quinn, Worthy, Bijan, Roshan, JWhitt, are unable to drive the field we have coaching issues.   Right now, it seems like Sark is coaching like a Madden gamer throwing a hail mary pass every down.   Our team is predictable, and our running game is predictable.  Our offensive line is improved but not good enough to dominate.   Our OC cannot adjust, and there is no objective person above him advising him to deviate from the path that is failing or to replace players when they aren't getting it done.     

Worthy was running down the field, expecting the ball to be down the field and towards the middle.  The ball ended up about 5 yards short of where it should be, and more towards the near sideline than the side it was supposed to be.  HT undercut Worthy's route because 1) he either tracked the trajectory quicker than Worthy, which isn't shocking because he's one of the best CBs in the conference and a Senior 2) because he knew he had help over the top and could take a chance at undercutting or 3) both of the above.  Worthy came back to the ball (not "if you work your way back to it. Worthy makes no effort")...the screenshot is the moment HT catches it...Worthy is already facing the opposite way his route was supposed to go...he didn't just reach out his arm...he was coming back and trying to make a play on the ball/HT but couldn't because he was getting tackled.  What exactly more do you want him to do?  He was a step later than HT in coming back to the ball because it was supposed to be deeper and he's trying to create separation.  And it's not like he could've battled for it like a 50/50 ball because it wasn't a 50/50 throw.  It was way short and they had him bracketed.

1656314336_unnamed(1).png.70f350b0d368e1cf55f9b508b7fa3429.png

Edited by OU Sucks

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Worthy was running down the field, expecting the ball to be down the field and towards the middle.  The ball ended up about 5 yards short of where it should be, and more towards the near sideline than the side it was supposed to be.  HT undercut Worthy's route because 1) he either tracked the trajectory quicker than Worthy, which isn't shocking because he's one of the best CBs in the conference and a Senior 2) because he knew he had help over the top and could take a chance at undercutting or 3) both of the above.  Worthy came back to the ball (not "if you work your way back to it. Worthy makes no effort")...the screenshot is the moment HT catches it...Worthy is already facing the opposite way his route was supposed to go...he didn't just reach out his arm...he was coming back and trying to make a play on the ball/HT but couldn't because he was getting tackled.  What exactly more do you want him to do?  He was a step later than HT in coming back to the ball because it was supposed to be deeper and he's trying to create separation.  And it's not like he could've battled for it like a 50/50 ball because it wasn't a 50/50 throw.  It was way short and they had him bracketed.

1656314336_unnamed(1).png.70f350b0d368e1cf55f9b508b7fa3429.png

why do you keep showing a picture of where the players are AFTER the interception? Worthy's issues happened in the 10 yards preceding this.  This picture is complete useless for understanding what happened and is just clogging up this thread. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

why do you keep showing a picture of where the players are AFTER the interception? Worthy's issues happened in the 10 yards preceding this.  This picture is complete useless for understanding what happened and is just clogging up this thread. 

Why do you keep saying AFTER the interception?  It's literally right when HT catches it.  Yes, I guess Worthy's issues happened 10 yards before that...it's when Quinn threw a duck and all the Quinn defenders came on here to blame Worthy because he didn't make a faster read on the duck and turned it into "Worthy makes no effort!".

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Why do you keep saying AFTER the interception?  It's literally right when HT catches it.  Yes, I guess Worthy's issues happened 10 yards before that...it's when Quinn threw a duck and all the Quinn defenders came on here to blame Worthy because he didn't make a faster read on the duck and turned it into "Worthy makes no effort!".

because the ball is in the Tomlinson's fucking hands. Why do ask a stupid fucking question when you already said it was in his hands? You are under some stupid illusion that WR never need the ability tot track a ball and adjust to its trajectory. Showing this clip and thinking it is evidence of something proves that

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'll go frame by frame for the the dipshit above:

Running step for step at Texas 42 yard line(12:17)

image.png.34761bda9006a1627c020fc497557450.png

image.png.5349340ea9217847a197f0b5eba6e3fd.png

image.png.ffa78bb3055476deb2dc956cbedc5467.png

image.png.c8016a8afe10eba49aa950bf8bfabf70.png

Texas 44/45 yardline DB is in pursuit mode here still 12:17

image.png.f3530971d8ec5e92b361ffe78122a958.png
46 yardline
image.png.b64d5aa3365d8d04fde145a78411283e.png

48 yard line safety comes into play corner still in pursuit mode
image.png.575eb72ef14a93e008721ca8946f8d37.png

49 Yard line DB #1 starts to adjust for the ball
image.png.9f89e9ef318cd1d5855cb711008f6316.png

50 yard line DB is adjusting

image.png.297184e8c1b64bf6673994b5bbec9af2.png

TCU 49 yard line ball comes into vision DB is adjusting, xavier worthy has yet to make any adjustment in this play whether slowing down or coming back to the ball
image.png.853786f72061e5f5443fd3f25abbb8fa.png

TCU 48 yard line Worthy is still drifiting back not trying to come back to the ball DB is still continuing to play the ball
image.png.43453674d493022eb0cb81061b054498.png

2 frames later at the TCU 48.5 yardline the TCU defender goes to high point the ball while Worthy still is drifting his route and not making an attempt to come back
image.png.3bb1b14ba4b0a95e4151603061495408.png

2 frames after that ball intercepted, Worthy drifting back STILL NOT MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO CATCH THE BALL OR BREAK UP THE PASS 
image.png.45204be09839b7c5d4fa9ef59ef91525.png

Because Worthy's lack of trying to come back to the ball which the DB did but somehow Worthy couldn't even though they ran stride for stride for about 8-9 yards. 

image.png

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Well I guess you are just blind. They aren’t blatant pulls and pushes more like tugs and guiding. Really good DB work from HT because you can’t even see it lol

So you moved the goal posts from push/pull to tugs and guides. And the WR is just helpless to fight through that or to make an effort to come back to the ball, just like the DB did.   I suppose Quinn should anticipate where his receiver should be knocked off his route and adjusting his throw is going to be your next comment.

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2 frames after that ball intercepted, Worthy drifting back STILL NOT MAKING AN ATTEMPT TO CATCH THE BALL OR BREAK UP THE PASS 

image.png.45204be09839b7c5d4fa9ef59ef91525.png

Well, it's obvious we're not going to agree on whether or not Worthy is making an attempt to catch the ball or break up the pass here, but let's not forget the root of the issue was Ewers threw a terribly short pass into double coverage.

image.png.e3fffecc1ba8e2a52d58c54a0dce195a.png

Edited by OU Sucks

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Well, it's obvious we're not going to agree on whether or not Worthy is making an attempt to catch the ball or break up the pass here, but let's not forget the root of the issue was Ewers threw a terribly short pass into double coverage.

image.png.e3fffecc1ba8e2a52d58c54a0dce195a.png

Keep posting the same pic. No one agrees with someone completely wrong like you on this. It’s laid out picture by picture you have video yet you’re so fucking stupid and just won’t admit your wrong. 

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Keep posting the same pic. No one agrees with someone completely wrong like you on this. It’s laid out picture by picture you have video yet you’re so fucking stupid and just won’t admit your wrong. 

My wrong what?  And I'm posting totally different screenshots if you bother looking at them instead of your potato quality ones where you can't determine shit.  You see the ball in my last pic (since Codaxx said my screenshots were after the INT)?  Is that before or after the INT?  Would you say Worthy is making his way back to the ball, considering he's facing the opposite direction of where he was supposed to be going?

Edited by OU Sucks

6 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

My wrong what?  And I'm posting totally different screenshots if you bother looking at them instead of your potato quality ones where you can't determine shit.  You see the ball in my last pic (since Codaxx said my screenshots were after the INT)?  Is that before or after the INT?  Would you say Worthy is making his way back to the ball, considering he's facing the opposite direction of where he was supposed to be going?

No he’s drifting. Defender starts to make his play 4 yards prior to the INT. Worthy continues to drift and doesn’t come back at all instead holds his hands out doesn’t make a play while continualint to drift 2-3 yards past the interception point. 

The ball was underthrown and Worthy didn't give his best efforts to catch or break up the INT - both are true. While watching it live, I thought perhaps the coaches told Ewers to take a little off of his throws since he had been overthrowing them in the past few weeks, so perhaps he overcompensated for it that time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

but every QB is going to have a little bit of happy feet with our OL

I've watched several Texas games as I have an interest in Ewers as a former Buckeye.

He doesn't have happy feet.  He has really bad footwork.  I think all his life his arm talent has been able to overcome his poor mechanics but now he's facing a much higher level of competition.  I also wonder if he was rushed back after the injury against Alabama.  He's also only 19 and didn't get meaningful reps for two years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I am not the only one who feels like that Derk. A coach talking to Bobby Burton about the game. He talks about QE at the 16:30 mark. Pay close attention to what he says about Worthy starting at 17:26. Sounds awful familiar right? Mind you I've been on this way before this interview. 

34 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Can someone translate?  Is he mad that he is getting criticism? 

I speak jive. The answer is yes!!

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I am not the only one who feels like that Derk. A coach talking to Bobby Burton about the game. He talks about QE at the 16:30 mark. Pay close attention to what he says about Worthy starting at 17:26. Sounds awful familiar right? Mind you I've been on this way before this interview. 

I speak jive. The answer is yes!!

I'm glad you got an interview with Burton....are these learning issues with Quinn?...."yeah he's a freshman there will be some growing pains and....HEY WHAT ABOUT WORTHY!??".  Literally talked about QE for 9 seconds, not even answering the question, then went on a tirade about Worthy for a minute.  Sounds awful familiar right?

Edited by OU Sucks

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I'm glad you got an interview with Burton....are these learning issues with Quinn?...."yeah he's a freshman there will be some growing pains and....HEY WHAT ABOUT WORTHY!??".  Literally talked about QE for 9 seconds, not even answering the question, then went on a tirade about Worthy for a minute.  Sounds awful familiar right?

This guy. Lol. Last I checked I was black. Let me look in my pants one more time to make sure. 

Normally you start your freshman QB and he gets to play the non conference schedule and ease his way into college football. However, QE got hurt and missed 3 games. So he has only just played his 6th collegiate game. So a lot of people are giving him the benefit of the doubt. You seem to struggle with the idea that freshmen come out solid, teams get film on them and take away what they like to do, and then they have to adjust. The kid is seeing these defenses and cfb for the first time, that's why people like that coach don't seem too worried. They understand that Sark did him no favors, and neither did anyone else around him. Does he need to get better? Absolutely he does! He has a long way to go, but it was his 6th game my guy. Remember what VY looked like throwing the ball in 03? Remember what Colt looked like in 07? You remember Sam's freshman year?

16 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

This guy. Lol. Last I checked I was black. Let me look in my pants one more time to make sure. 

Normally you start your freshman QB and he gets to play the non conference schedule and ease his way into college football. However, QE got hurt and missed 3 games. So he has only just played his 6th collegiate game. So a lot of people are giving him the benefit of the doubt. You seem to struggle with the idea that freshmen come out solid, teams get film on them and take away what they like to do, and then they have to adjust. The kid is seeing these defenses and cfb for the first time, that's why people like that coach don't seem too worried. They understand that Sark did him no favors, and neither did anyone else around him. Does he need to get better? Absolutely he does! He has a long way to go, but it was his 6th game my guy. Remember what VY looked like throwing the ball in 03? Remember what Colt looked like in 07? You remember Sam's freshman year?

QE will get better...we've seen the flashes of brilliance.  And like I said before, I think the poor accuracy is in his head...he's made all these throws before.  He's getting down on himself like Card would get down on himself Fr year.  Sark says QE quickly forgets about stuff and moves on, but that's just a coach saying nice things about his players.  But all this shitting on X for "not battling for" under and overthrown balls that he has little chance to make a play is dumb.  If these were all 50/50 balls, then fine, but they aren't.  And the people who think it doesn't matter if X were to transfer out...that's just ridiculous.  Just look at Worthy's highlights (some just a few weeks ago) and see what he does when the ball is catchable.  Worthy has stuff to work on, but things would be even worse than they are now if we didn't have him as a deep threat.

Edited by OU Sucks

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Like I said, QE will get better...we've seen the flashes of brilliance.  And like I said before, I think the poor accuracy is in his head...he's made all these throws before.  He's getting down on himself like Card would get down on himself Fr year.  Sark says QE quickly forgets about stuff and moves on, but that's just a coach saying nice things about his players.  But all this shitting on X for "not battling for" under and overthrown balls that he has little chance to make a play is dumb.  If these were all 50/50 balls, then fine, but they aren't.  And the people who think it doesn't matter if X were to transfer out...that's just ridiculous.  Just look at Worthy's highlights (some just a few weeks ago) and see what he does when the ball is catchable.  Worthy has things to work on, but things would be even worse than they are now if we didn't have him as a deep threat.

When you are losing one score games it absolutely matters. The misjudge and drop in the EZ vs OSU mattered. The drops last Sat when you needed something, anything mattered. The allowing yourself to be rerouted by no name DBs matters, because now no one is worried about him stretching the field anymore. TCU came right out and loaded the box and kept doing it all night long. A couple PI's because you went up for a ball might be enough to back them off, but we will never know. 

I agree with you on a lot of things but we will never see eye to eye on this. When you KNOW your guy is going to make a play for the ball it affects how you throw it. " I can put this right on him" thoughts are good positive thoughts in a QB's head, and when you are in the right mindset throws tend to be a little better. Success breeds confidence and failure breeds doubt.  A few completions to start a game can be all that a guy needs to get it rolling. 

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

When you are losing one score games it absolutely matters. The misjudge and drop in the EZ vs OSU mattered. The drops last Sat when you needed something, anything mattered. The allowing yourself to be rerouted by no name DBs matters, because now no one is worried about him stretching the field anymore. TCU came right out and loaded the box and kept doing it all night long. A couple PI's because you went up for a ball might be enough to back them off, but we will never know. 

I agree with you on a lot of things but we will never see eye to eye on this. When you KNOW your guy is going to make a play for the ball it affects how you throw it. " I can put this right on him" thoughts are good positive thoughts in a QB's head, and when you are in the right mindset throws tend to be a little better. Success breeds confidence and failure breeds doubt.  A few completions to start a game can be all that a guy needs to get it rolling. 

That's why Sark needs to make it easier for Quinn and start him off with easy throws instead of immediately bombing it to Worthy over and over.  And Worthy does make plays on the ball, but they have to be thrown where he has a shot at it.  This is the guy some people don't care if he's on the team or not:

6 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

That's why Sark needs to make it easier for Quinn and start him off with easy throws instead of immediately bombing it to Worthy over and over.  And Worthy does make plays on the ball, but they have to be thrown where he has a shot at it.  This is the guy some people don't care if he's on the team or not:

I agree 100% on the gameplan of giving him easy throws to start. I already said Sark did him no favors. With Card he handles his playcalling with kids gloves. He has a lot of faith in Ewers abilities, but he needs to dial him back a bit and experiment with someone else as the deep guy and let Worthy work the field. Lastly, that's 2021 Worthy. This year's Worthy has been spotty. I am just disappointed in the guy for not giving it his all this year. I thought he would come back all ripped up at 185lbs ready to go and dominate. 

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I agree 100% on the gameplan of giving him easy throws to start. I already said Sark did him no favors. With Card he handles his playcalling with kids gloves. He has a lot of faith in Ewers abilities, but he needs to dial him back a bit and experiment with someone else as the deep guy and let Worthy work the field. Lastly, that's 2021 Worthy. This year's Worthy has been spotty. I am just disappointed in the guy for not giving it his all this year. I thought he would come back all ripped up at 185lbs ready to go and dominate. 

So now you are ready to accept that it is a coaching problem? 🙂

It's not that you didn't make valid points about the players doing their jobs. But when the same players continually fail to do their jobs yet keep getting PT and not even the most obvious changes are made. That is a coaching issue. 

Welcome to the party, champ.

• Hook 'Em 1

Worthy’s talent lies close to the line of scrimmage.  He’s a quick m’fer and hard to deal with in space.   He has no ability to track a deep ball and high point a ball.     It’s like a basketball player that is tall but can’t rebound.  The tools are there but they can’t anticipate and use their lower body to position to get the ball.   I guess he might be best used in the slot but he may lack size and strength.    Just not sure what to do with him at this point.   

• Hook 'Em 1

We should definitely be running inside slant, rb flats, etc that are quick high % plays to get him in a groove. Make it easy for the guy.
Worthy’s talent lies close to the line of scrimmage.  He’s a quick m’fer and hard to deal with in space.   He has no ability to track a deep ball and high point a ball.     It’s like a basketball player that is tall but can’t rebound.  The tools are there but they can’t anticipate and use their lower body to position to get the ball.   I guess he might be best used in the slot but he may lack size and strength.    Just not sure what to do with him at this point.   

I don’t think he’s a good #1. Too soft and too easy to push off his spot.
  • Hook 'Em 2

So now you are ready to accept that it is a coaching problem?

It's not that you didn't make valid points about the players doing their jobs. But when the same players continually fail to do their jobs yet keep getting PT and not even the most obvious changes are made. That is a coaching issue. 

It’s all of the above.

Quinn has had bad feet and has made mistakes. After his super hot start he’s had some adversity that he needs to work through, the fact that he hadn’t played real football in forever showed up.

There have been lots of plays where the wr should have done better, many key plays that have killed drives have been on them. X isn’t a good we#1. We need someone that will go get the ball not someone light in the pants.

Sark has been stubborn about letting the youth play through, presumably to provide stability and instill confidence in them. He also hasn’t adjusted the way it seems like he should, but that’s always easy with 20/20 hindsight isn’t it?

All the shits true, and all mixed together to make the soup we’ve all been feeding on.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

It’s all of the above.

Quinn has had bad feet and has made mistakes. After his super hot start he’s had some adversity that he needs to work through, the fact that he hadn’t played real football in forever showed up.

There have been lots of plays where the wr should have done better, many key plays that have killed drives have been on them. X isn’t a good we#1. We need someone that will go get the ball not someone light in the pants.

Sark has been stubborn about letting the youth play through, presumably to provide stability and instill confidence in them. He also hasn’t adjusted the way it seems like he should, but that’s always easy with 20/20 hindsight isn’t it?

All the shits true, and all mixed together to make the soup we’ve all been feeding on.

You can  point to basically everyone involved in the offense as the reason it went to shit. The game plan was terrible (maybe Sark has 1 a year, TCU and Ark last year). This one felt very Tom Herman vs ISU like. Let’s try to pound this defense and then late in the game realize spreading it out helps. WRs were bad. OL was bad. QB was bad. Someone needed to step up and make a play, but that never happened. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

So now you are ready to accept that it is a coaching problem? 🙂

No play caller is perfect. None. Zero. Nada. That's something I understand that you seem not to. Players make the offensive playcall right quite a bit. Look around you. You think TCU fans weren't all over their OC? They actually have a complete offense and they were getting stoned play after play. Oklahoma State right now? Kansas State decision to go with Martinez? Baylor scored 3 points vs KSU, you think they aren't mad about their OC's efforts? Clemson right now? I am sure there are plays they could call that are easier for DJ Whatshisname. We could go on but you get the picture. Hindsight is always 20/20. The playcall always sucks after the fact. Everything that doesn't work is always bad playcalling to us fans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet