Eastbound & Down 2024

Don Johnson

I love that they dropped April and brought back Cutler.  

Dibs on "Marketing & Mexicans" for my alt.punk tejano band name.  

This is a great news since I tried to love "The Righteous Gemstones" but shit, the sister and her husband were the only funny parts.  

Flame on Kenny, flame on.  

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I love that they dropped April and brought back Cutler.  

Dibs on "Marketing & Mexicans" for my alt.punk tejano band name.  

This is a great news since I tried to love "The Righteous Gemstones" but shit, the sister and her husband were the only funny parts.  

Flame on Kenny, flame on.  

Agreed- Loved Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals. Couldn’t get into Gemstones either

53 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

The odd cuts and no appearance of the titular character didn't tip anyone off?

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

is it fake?

I figured the reason was because new footage literally hasn’t been filmed yet. Date says 2024, this is just an announcement. 

That seems like the official show twitter, but no blue check mark. HBO’s twitter hasn’t confirmed it but seem to be teasing it:

So…actually I don’t really know if this is fake or not but I’m leaning it’s happening. 

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Agreed- Loved Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals. Couldn’t get into Gemstones either

Plus one. The issue to me is that with Eastbound and VP, there are 1-2 characters that are out there while everyone else plays it straight. In Gemstones, everyone is over the top.

37 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Did anybody ever say how Ben Best died? I assume either OD or suicide but I am curious which one.

Clegg died? Oh man, didn't know. He was one of my favorite side characters.

"I was hangin' out with those dudes in the parking lot."

24 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah, back in Shelby and no Clegg is suboptimal. I hope it’s like a limited series. 3-4 episodes and get out. 

I dunno. I loved the Shelby episodes. All of it was funny, but later episodes just felt different. The big fish in the small pond of small-town North Carolina cracked me up.

Man I love this show. I might have to watch some episodes tonight.

This says fake: https://consequence.net/2022/09/eastbound-down-trailer-fake/amp/

A viral trailer that purports to announce the return of beloved HBO comedy Eastbound & Down is fake, Consequence can confirm.

Danny McBride’s cult classic about a former baseball player ran for four seasons between 2009 and 2013, before McBride moved on to other projects, including Vice Principles and The Righteous Gemstones. But demand for more Eastbound & Down remains high, as evidenced by the hoax Season 5 announcement, which amassed tens of thousands of likes, retweets, and comments in a matter of hours.

• 3 weeks later...