Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Headed to Seattle on Sun for the Tues and Thurs pearl jam shows.

On Monday, we’re driving to Paradise around Mt Rainier to check out the sites and maybe do a short hike. Stopping at Copper Creek Inn for a blackberry milkshake on the way back to Seattle. Thanks to the surly collaborative braintrust for this recommendation.

On Wed, we’re taking the ferry to bainbridge island to check out breweries and poulsbo. Then taking in a Mariners game on Wed evening.

The surly braintrust gave plenty of restaurant recs. Looking forward to great seafood, sushi and asian food.

If I don’t blow my wad before my flight back to dallas, I’ll hit the sub pop shop at the Seattle airport.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stringer said:

Saw St Vincent at Bottle Rock last night. Fucking rocked it out. “Broken Man”, in particular, ruled. Just a bonafide rock star.

There's a drum fill in that song that bends my brain.  Somehow it twists out of something like 16th notes to triplet 16ths.  I rewound that damn thing about 15 times trying to count it out and just gave up.

Plus, the Nine Inch Nails vibes are strong.  Here's the fill I'm talking about:

Edited by jimmyjazz

Just saw Warpaint at Mohawk. Their drummer is really good. She overwhelmed the rest of the band a bit but I dunno how you contain a drummer on stage.

Which one of you was the 50-something hitting on the 19 year olds? They were really impressed with you tales of Sonic Youth at Liberty Lunch. Those kids are friends of my daughter so we had a good laugh when they told us about it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Warpaint was good. Didn't know they were playing all of exquisite corpse, not my favorite album of theirs but still enjoyable. They're definitely all about the rhythm section and harmonies.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The gals just got picked up for a short East Coast summer tour with the great Sleater-Kinney!  I'm not sure which show(s) I'm going to, but I'm going for sure.  Unreal.

image.thumb.png.1ed8ee2161f255160d22f9f99ca94789.png

I’m gonna check ‘em out when they’re in dallas in a couple of weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/24/2024 at 8:43 AM, jimmyjazz said:

Guess I need to start going to RKS shows.  I'd be a giant.

Yeah man, this sounds good to me.

Ran by C-Boys Sunday night to grab some live music.  Such a great place.

Thievery Corporation tomorrow - can't wait.

Friend of ours is hosting a record release at Continental Club on the 7th.  

image.thumb.png.7e83e647fee7fc4a44b6b09e7638802f.png

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

Nathaniel Rateliff announced shows in dallas and austin on wed, oct 23 and sat, oct 26, respectively. In for the dallas show.

We're in for the Austin show.  Got a presale code for June 7th from the Moody.  Checked the NR website and signed up to get a code for June 4th.  

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Did you commit a felony?

No lol just like their music. I’ve never seen limp bizkit and grew up in high school listening to them from like 10th grade. 311 been to a million shows just haven’t seen them in 20 years and figured why not. A lot of the earlier shows of 311’ had incubus as the opener so I was early fan of theirs too. 

• Haha 1

went to big dumb fest on saturday at the mohawk, was pretty awesome that rickshaw billies was able to put together a festival that sold out the place. great energy from the crowd all night long. rickshaw is so damned good, it was loud as shit and extremely sweaty on the floor. 

9 minutes ago, stc said:

went to big dumb fest on saturday at the mohawk, was pretty awesome that rickshaw billies was able to put together a festival that sold out the place. great energy from the crowd all night long. rickshaw is so damned good, it was loud as shit and extremely sweaty on the floor. 

I heard from two different people who didn't know anything about the band that they were awesome.  One guy noted an 8-string drop D guitar?  Never head of such a thing.

yes he plays an 8 string guitar and it's great. they're so good at jamming the shit out of a riff for 90 seconds. their newest album is 11 songs 21 minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, stc said:

Was thinking of going but while I appreciate loud and high energy, I wasn't sure if Rickshaw was going to be my thing.  Sounded like a cool show.

On 5/30/2024 at 12:29 PM, GenXer said:

Nathaniel Rateliff announced shows in dallas and austin on wed, oct 23 and sat, oct 26, respectively. In for the dallas show.

Just got my tickets for Austin.  Artist code:  HEARTLESS

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 5:06 PM, jimmyjazz said:

The gals just got picked up for a short East Coast summer tour with the great Sleater-Kinney!  I'm not sure which show(s) I'm going to, but I'm going for sure.  Unreal.

image.thumb.png.1ed8ee2161f255160d22f9f99ca94789.png

Pittsburgh 

How is AXS somehow a worse buying experience than TM? I go on the app this morning to buy tix for a show at ACL.  I wanted first row of the mezz so I pick one and put my CC in and it says there's a problem processing it even though it didn't even try.  I pick a new seat and the same thing happens 2 more times.  It then says I've timed out.  I start over and pick a second row ticket and it finally completes the sale.  When I get my receipt I notice it's a first row seat but not one I had tried to by before.  So fucking dumb.

9 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

God, outdoor concerts in Texas between June-September are terrible ideas. 

Yup, will be sweating my ass off to watch my son's band play at Chiggerfest in Driftwood this afternoon.  At least it's BYOB, and we can bring a canopy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

How is AXS somehow a worse buying experience than TM? I go on the app this morning to buy tix for a show at ACL.  I wanted first row of the mezz so I pick one and put my CC in and it says there's a problem processing it even though it didn't even try.  I pick a new seat and the same thing happens 2 more times.  It then says I've timed out.  I start over and pick a second row ticket and it finally completes the sale.  When I get my receipt I notice it's a first row seat but not one I had tried to by before.  So fucking dumb.

those cocksuckers.

So, I bought Springsteen tickets without consulting the GF.  I tell her, and she responds "hey dipshit, we've already committed to be in with my family in FL that weekend".

Oh shit.  Turns out AXS has a resale option, right on the app.  So, I list the tickets and they sell right away, for a little more than I paid for them.  Great right? .  IIRC, this is in February or so, concert was scheduled for June or so (last year).

The tickets sell right away.   No money shows up in my account, so I call customer support.  They say "sorry motherfucker...you paid for the tickets, and the next guy paid for the same tickets, but we're gonna keep both y'alls money until the concert starts. Moose out front should have told ya".     Shitty policy.   Then Springsteen gets a vocal injury, and the concert is pushed to November.  So, those cocksuckers kept my money and the other guy's money for the better part of a year. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Rage+1 1

On 6/8/2024 at 7:40 AM, freyguy said:

Yup, will be sweating my ass off to watch my son's band play at Chiggerfest in Driftwood this afternoon.  At least it's BYOB, and we can bring a canopy.

The boys had a good gig.  Was muggy,but there was decent shade.  Final set was Van Wilks.  I had never really listened long to Texas Blues before.  The sound he put out was ethereal.  Here's a shot of him putting on a master class for the boys.

20240608_223415.thumb.jpg.ea19af15c186725b039084032093d2e6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Who’s the moron that booked The Misfits at the Moody Center with $200 ticket prices? From the seat map it looks like they’ve sold 500 tickets so far. They should be at Mohawk or maybe Stubbs for $25.

certainly the Misfits is in another area code of stupidity but the "yay COVID is over, I'll pay anything to see live music" period was over about 4 or 5 months ago. I am sure the promoters hid the memo, though.  also just general issues with inflation are going to cause people to make decisions along with families having to take out 2nd mortgages to pay for Taylor Swift tickets

On 5/24/2024 at 9:40 PM, GenXer said:

Headed to Seattle on Sun for the Tues and Thurs pearl jam shows.

On Monday, we’re driving to Paradise around Mt Rainier to check out the sites and maybe do a short hike. Stopping at Copper Creek Inn for a blackberry milkshake on the way back to Seattle. Thanks to the surly collaborative braintrust for this recommendation.

On Wed, we’re taking the ferry to bainbridge island to check out breweries and poulsbo. Then taking in a Mariners game on Wed evening.

The surly braintrust gave plenty of restaurant recs. Looking forward to great seafood, sushi and asian food.

If I don’t blow my wad before my flight back to dallas, I’ll hit the sub pop shop at the Seattle airport.

When you’re in the Bainbridge area head over to Greenwood Memorial Gardens in Renton and stop by the Hendrix  memorial.

The sign in book alone is worth the trip. I spent 15 minutes just thumbing through reading the entries. You will find some serious star power in that book. 

IMG_5192.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1