TX/ou Austin Watch Party - Lavaca Street Bar Downtown Austin (4th Street)

immamac

RSVP  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Planning on Attending?

• MULEDICK
    • No

32 minutes ago, immamac said:

Food will not be included in the tab.

FYI - they do not have their own kitchen. They have an adjacent 3rd party vendor (it opens up to the bar I believe) that does food. Here's the menu. 

https://lavacastdowntown.com/turf-n-surf

(I know you know this imma just letting others know)

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

FYI - they do not have their own kitchen. They have an adjacent 3rd party vendor (it opens up to the bar I believe) that does food. Here's the menu. 

https://lavacastdowntown.com/turf-n-surf

(I know you know this imma just letting others know)

I didn’t know for awhile if that joint was so good because it was just something to snack on while slinging beers.  But having eaten there sober a number of times, it is so fucking good.  And plenty of Fried shit to make you feel like you’re at the Fair.  

If one of y’all bring in a box of donuts or breakfast shit and give ‘em a $20, I’d bet they’d fry em up and serve them to the surly crew before proper lunchtime service starts.  That and a sleeve of wax cups still in the wrapper to transfer your pints into.  Just periodically go outside and yell “OU sucks” to any ugly passers-by.  And you got yourself a nice little Saturday going.  Maybe Home Depot.  I dunno.  

Edited by YGIFS

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I didn’t know for awhile if that joint was so good because it was just something to snack on while slinging beers.  But having eaten there sober a number of times, it is so fucking good.  And plenty of Fried shit to make you feel like you’re at the Fair.  

If one of y’all bring in a box of donuts or breakfast shit and give ‘em a $20, I’d bet they’d fry em up and serve them to the surly crew before proper lunchtime service starts.  That and a sleeve of wax cups still in the wrapper to transfer your pints into.  Just periodically go outside and yell “OU sucks” to any ugly passers-by.  And you got yourself a nice little Saturday going.  Maybe Home Depot.  I dunno.  

I thought turf n surf closed and it is an Easy Tiger now. 

7 hours ago, immamac said:

Getting tables reserved/tab opened for the game for anyone who is not able to travel to Dallas. Come watch with some friendly folks and remember the password is MULEDICK. Opens right before kick, tab closes at the end of the game of when it is exhausted (1k) - Trying to work out some drink specials or something and will post later in the thread. I told them at least 15 will show, upwards of 30 so there will be a section just for people from the internet. Food will not be included in the tab.

The title says 4th Street but the pin is the Domain location. I assume this is downtown?

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Only if you paint your nails that color too 🙂

If we can four-peat this year, I’ll paint my body that color. I don’t think we will do it, though, as there are some really tough teams. Win streak is now at 45 games. I do wish the Horns were as well coached as Westlake. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

If we can four-peat this year, I’ll paint my body that color. I don’t think we will do it, though, as there are some really tough teams. Win streak is now at 45 games. I do wish the Horns were as well coached as Westlake. 

Hey as an austin high grad. Go fuck yourself. But also good luck.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, immamac said:

Getting tables reserved/tab opened for the game for anyone who is not able to travel to Dallas. Come watch with some friendly folks and remember the password is MULEDICK. Opens right before kick, tab closes at the end of the game of when it is exhausted (1k) - Trying to work out some drink specials or something and will post later in the thread. I told them at least 15 will show, upwards of 30 so there will be a section just for people from the internet. Food will not be included in the tab.

We're you able to find out if they're opening early to get seated before kick? I can call if you didn't ask np

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

We're you able to find out if they're opening early to get seated before kick? I can call if you didn't ask np

They are - you and @justhookit should show up as close to 1030 as possible though they don't reserve tables during football season, but they will let me pay over the phone :)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

They are - you and @justhookit should show up as close to 1030 as possible though they don't reserve tables during football season, but they will let me pay over the phone :)

Take it that means they are opening at 10:30? I’ll be there before that. Where do y’all assholes want to sit? I was there  a few weeks go but really didn’t pay attention to the tv layout. Seems like they had good ones out back on the patio?

8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Take it that means they are opening at 10:30? I’ll be there before that. Where do y’all assholes want to sit? I was there  a few weeks go but really didn’t pay attention to the tv layout. Seems like they had good ones out back on the patio?

Patio probably good... I get loud when angry or drunk 

• Hook 'Em 1