2022-23 Houston Rockets Thread - One More Season of Suckage

BigOrange1

DJ Augustin signs with the Rockets for the rest of the season.  Hope he'll stick around a couple years there.  

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/270890/DJ-Augustin-Rockets-Agree-To-Deal-For-Remainder-Of-Season

I thought the Lakers would keep him but it didn't happen.

DJ Augustin has agreed to sign with the Houston Rockets for the remainder of the season.

Augustin last played in the NBA last season with the Los Angeles Lakers.

The Rockets have received criticism for an absence of veteran players as they rebuild.[/quote\

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Some people are slow learners

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

IMG_1300.thumb.png.5b7a172382fdeacae7bf73c625418d7b.png

Yeah all then it doesn’t matter if you are first or third crowd can’t explain to my why I shouldn’t be pissed that we are going to have a 33^ greater chance at picking 6th or 7th now as if that’s insignificant. 
the average win shares for the 5th pick in the draft is 53. For 6th is 26 and for 7th is 33. That’s a HUGE difference. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/1/2023 at 8:47 AM, TonyTexas said:

Some people are slow learners

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

Who are the slow learners, the people who want the worst record or the people who say being in the bottom 3 is all that matters?

I’ve always understood the odds. The 5th pick is better than the 7th pick if things go shitty with ping pong balls. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This stupid fucking team. Almost a guarantee they win their last 2. Hope it’s doesn’t mean we pick 7th. 

Worst 3 records all have the same chance at the top pick. Doesn’t matter if the worst team goes 0-82 and we go 20-62, both teams get the same 14% chance at the top pick. So everyone relax. We’re guaranteed a bottom 3 record and a 1-3 pick. Or that’s how I read it.

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Worst 3 records all have the same chance at the top pick. Doesn’t matter if the worst team goes 0-82 and we go 20-62, both teams get the same 14% chance at the top pick. So everyone relax. We’re guaranteed a bottom 3 record and a 1-3 pick. Or that’s how I read it.

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

If your strategy is “Wemby or nothing”, then you are correct that anyone in the bottom 3 has the same odds. But the third worst team also has a 14.8% of picking 5th, 26% chance of picking 6th, and 7% of picking 7th. If you finish worst, the worst pick you can get is #5.

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Pretty sure Rockets could still end up anywhere between #1 thru #7 pick if they end up with 3rd worst record???

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

27 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We all get it. If we had the worst record and lost the lotto we’d pick 5th. The average 5th pick has 53 career win shares. The average 6th pick has 27 win shares. It ducking matters to set a better worst case scenario man. 

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We all get it. If we had the worst record and lost the lotto we’d pick 5th. The average 5th pick has 53 career win shares. The average 6th pick has 27 win shares. It ducking matters to set a better worst case scenario man. 

You guys got Yao, Sampson and Hakeem.  That’s enough lottery goodness to last a lifetime

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

We are more talented than the Spurs, who are the worst team in the NBA and the Pistons since Cunningham is less available than Williamson. We were never going to finish with the worst record this season.

We sure could have. We had pole position with 2 months left for worst, and then we beat Boston, Lakers and Denver down the stretch.  No call for that.