Texas hasn’t scored a offensive td in 6 qtrs

Rockethorn1978

18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It's everybody and everything... 

No one can seem to make a play when a play needs to be made. No matter the call. It's very hard to watch. Young guys struggling and older guys who can't pick them up. Loser mentality handed down from generation to generation of Texas football players. 

Oof. Well put

End of the day sark is the head coach and it’s his job to make these guys better. Tired of the excuses. No roster? Better talent? Need to execute better? All responsibilities of the head corch. The buck stops with him no matter how you spin your sad song that it’s the players. 

of sark takes a big lead these same apologists sing his praises, when he blows the lead he got it then turns to just “lack of talent”. Cue up the small violin.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

If our defense shows up like they did last night, that shit isn’t gonna happen. But honestly I think go back to using the two quarterbacks system. Let Quinn play a couple series and if he sucks put in Hudson.

No, we have to preserve Hudson's redshirt so he gets an extra year of eligibility at SMU, apparently.

• Haha 2

If our defense shows up like they did last night, that shit isn’t gonna happen. But honestly I think go back to using the two quarterbacks system. Let Quinn play a couple series and if he sucks put in Hudson.

That defense has only showed up twice this season. Odds are low they show up next week.

Kansas only needs to luck into 7 points to win.  It’s not like we can put together an TD and a field goal. 

And the offensive line hasn't blocked anybody in the last 6 quarters. When the line sucks, the QB sucks, and the RBs suck. I doesn't help when your receivers can't or won't fucking catch the football. Sark needs to figure out how to attack this 3-3- stack or nothing will change. For some reason, it continues to baffle him.

• Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, hookem48 said:

so what did you think about the punt block attempt that ended up being roughing although he wasn't touched? Dykes working the refs earned that one.

They came in underneath the punter. Did you really think it wasn’t going to get called after the previous two?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

And the offensive line hasn't blocked anybody in the last 6 quarters. When the line sucks, the QB sucks, and the RBs suck. I doesn't help when your receivers can't or won't fucking catch the football. Sark needs to figure out how to attack this 3-3- stack or nothing will change. For some reason, it continues to baffle him.

This is why it’s so insane we aren’t running more screens for both WRs and RBs. All we try is downfield. The only thing we throw underneath are check downs. It’s insane how little we do in the short/intermediate passing game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We won’t hire him or traylor. We will hire another figurehead. I’d take patterson with a great OC. I want to win I don’t care anymore. 

You’re a fucking loser, Patterson is a had been and you’re the reason we hire shit coaches. Literally go fuck yourself.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Problem Iris GIF by HBO

True, if we only had gone to the portal for offensive lineman right?

Not sure what happened but the 4 of the 5 linemen got blown up repeatedly in the run game. QE isn't ready to win a game with his arm. You take away the run game from this offense and there isn't any offense.

25 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lmao were the reason we hire shit coaches? Stfu. 

I think it is because you aren't on the selection committee.

56 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

True, if we only had gone to the portal for offensive lineman right?

TCU got a couple of o-linemen from the portal. I think their starting C is one of those guys. They will likely win the Big 12 this season. Baylor grabbed 2 o-line starters from the portal and won the conference last year. Kansas has brought in o-linemen from the portal will likely beat us for the 2nd year in a row. I do think we would be better if we had grabbed a starter or two for the o-line from the portal any of the last 2 off-seasons. I apologize if my desire to see Texas not suck offends you.  

• Fuck You 1

Card should have played the second half against OKST and TCU but Sark is too stubborn of a gameday coach to make a needed QB change in game. Card might have considered sticking around next season if Sark would play him when the starter struggles, but given that’s not going to be the case, he’s 100% gone next season 

21 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

They came in underneath the punter. Did you really think it wasn’t going to get called after the previous two?

If I'm a ST coach, I'm telling our guys to stop blocking for the punter. Good chance we get a favorable flag. 

11 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

TCU got a couple of o-linemen from the portal. I think their starting C is one of those guys. They will likely win the Big 12 this season. Baylor grabbed 2 o-line starters from the portal and won the conference last year. Kansas has brought in o-linemen from the portal will likely beat us for the 2nd year in a row. I do think we would be better if we had grabbed a starter or two for the o-line from the portal any of the last 2 off-seasons. I apologize if my desire to see Texas not suck offends you.  

The one thing I know we have in common is that we don't want Texas to suck. I don't think picking up portal offensive linemen would have changed things. Until this game the O-line has been respectable including Christian Jones. I think losing our starting Guard might have made a significant difference as well as Neyor, I think that was a bigger loss than most imagine.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

I don't think picking up portal offensive linemen would have changed things.

I can't say with certainty it would have changed things. However, I wish Sark would have tried. Coming in to this season, every o-lineman on our roster fit in to one of 2 categories: #1) They have proven that they suck & #2) They were true freshman. We didn't need All-Americans. We just needed 1 or 2 players that are functional. 

It doesn't matter. Sark is 100% committed to his way of doing things. Perhaps it will all come together in his 3rd year. In the meantime, I hope we find a way to beat Kansas on the road. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Stupid to go after the punt there, but just landing underneath the punter (which wasn't really underneath -- the punter kicked out his own plant leg and ended up far forward of where he normally would have been) should have been a 5 yard penalty.  But with how Dykes kept working the officials over the first call and the punter acting like he got blown up (which I'm sure he was instructed to do), the refs bought it.

27 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

This guy is a fucking troll.  He never shows up after wins.  Only shows up after losses.   Beating this same god damn "OL Portal" drum over and over.  Fuck off dude.

• Haha 1

Stupid to go after the punt there, but just landing underneath the punter (which wasn't really underneath -- the punter kicked out his own plant leg and ended up far forward of where he normally would have been) should have been a 5 yard penalty.  But with how Dykes kept working the officials over the first call and the punter acting like he got blown up (which I'm sure he was instructed to do), the refs bought it.

At some point also, the poor field position coupled with a bad offense, should make the HC say, “let’s try for a return instead”. I guess they eternally figured they could block one without roughing. What a smarmy ass way to lose the kicking game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

And it was 100% predictable after the first two close calls.  I told my brother after the second one "We better not do that again.  They're clearly not getting to the ball and they're in danger of giving the refs an excuse to call a 15-yarder.  Whatever the coaches think they saw, isn't actually working out in real life, and if we do it again it might cost us big-time."

And, well, there it is.

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And it was 100% predictable after the first two close calls.  I told my brother after the second one "We better not do that again.  They're clearly not getting to the ball and they're in danger of giving the refs an excuse to call a 15-yarder.  Whatever the coaches think they saw, isn't actually working out in real life, and if we do it again it might cost us big-time."

And, well, there it is.

Exactly. It was moronic. We gave the officials three chances to fuck up the call. Why

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

At some point also, the poor field position coupled with a bad offense, should make the HC say, “let’s try for a return instead”. I guess they eternally figured they could block one without roughing. What a smarmy ass way to lose the kicking game.

9 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And, well, there it is.

Same shit we've seen through the years with all the other dumbass coaches...our defense gets a big stop, and we squander it with roughing the punter (bad call or not) or some stupid dead-ball penalty that extends their drive.  Maybe just get off the field and set up a normal return?  Even if we block the kick, we'd pretty much have to get the ball and run it in, because you know hard it is for our offense to punch it in from the 2 yard line these days.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

This guy is a fucking troll.  He never shows up after wins.  Only shows up after losses.   Beating this same god damn "OL Portal" drum over and over.  Fuck off dude.

Actually, it was the guy I responded to who brought up the "OL portal." I posted on this board after last week's win. I will post here after we (hopefully) beat Kansas. Also, everyone notices you didn't counter what I said. You just chose to personally attack me. I hope it made you feel better. 

2 hours ago, horny_gunman said:

The returner almost never had time to catch it before the coverage was on him. 

16 minutes ago, Eggo said:

This.  Offense had shown they weren't going to move the ball.  And all year TX has done well rushing the punter without hitting him.  Just like they did this time.  Only issue is that their flopping punter kept throwing himself on the ground and forcing the refs to make a call or listen to Dykes chew on them the whole next series.  Refs wanting to fuck Texas along with a plausible excuse is a recipe for disaster.  

I didn't necessarily like going after the punt considering the near penalties before, but I also can understand the call.  

49 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

This.  Offense had shown they weren't going to move the ball.  And all year TX has done well rushing the punter without hitting him.  Just like they did this time.  Only issue is that their flopping punter kept throwing himself on the ground and forcing the refs to make a call or listen to Dykes chew on them the whole next series.  Refs wanting to fuck Texas along with a plausible excuse is a recipe for disaster.  

I didn't necessarily like going after the punt considering the near penalties before, but I also can understand the call.  

I don't think the punter was even flopping.  He has a weird motion that takes his plant leg out from under him.  He fell once without being hurried and almost did a second time.

image.thumb.png.512ab21bc8d3a5f261a9cb182264d4db.png

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

That's intentionally flopping, hoping for a call. It worked.

Our stupid insistence on pursuing the block despite not getting close to blocking it the first two times, is precisely what enabled the flopping to work.

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

Right.  Keeping three more guys back to block for the return-man, rather than sending them on a hopeless and ultimately costly mission to block the kick, might have helped

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Perhaps, but I expect actual contact to occur if we're going to get called for roughing. They disturbed the air in his general vicinity.

Why? This is college football. Refs make bad calls all the time. We gave them three chances to make a bad call even though we weren’t particularly close to getting the block. It’s absolutely moronic.

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why? This is college football. Refs make bad calls all the time. We gave them three chances to make a bad call even though we weren’t particularly close to getting the block. It’s absolutely moronic.

We shouldn't have rushed the punter, but it is inexcusable to get called when our players didn't even touch him.