Dallas and/or Grapevine BBQ on Sunday

Parliament

3 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

If there is a handful of you going, then get in the Express Line at Pecan Lodge. As long as you order 5 lbs. of meat or just order "The Trouth", your time in line will be less than 20 minutes.

This is correct.  It’s about 60-80-100 bucks (depending on how many girls you have with you who keep piling on sides) but worth it.

Honestly...if it’s more than one person, jump it and get the 5 lbs, or trough or whatever.  And the leftovers will be awesome.

Now, if you’re by yourself...you’ll look like a huge fucking loser if you jump it and get 5 lbs.  Don’t be THAT guy and just PM me and we can do it together.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Parliament said:

Gonna be downtown during the day, and staying in Grapevine that night.  The Pecan Lodge was recommended last year, but the line was way out the door.  Should we try a mid-afternoon visit?  Or just go somewhere else?

Sorry - didn't see the earlier replies about the express line.  Still, it's worth it.  

PL is far and away one of my favorite places.  Tip:  you can 100% skip the line.  Inside, to the left of the bar you can order >5lb orders.  Get the "Trough".  Basically a giant sample platter of everything they have.  Beef rib.  Brisket.  Sausage.  Pulled pork.  Etc.  You can add on sides.  By the time it takes you to find a table they'll be calling your name.  Feeds 4+ 

I really want to hit up Cattleaxe.  Heard great things.  Smaller outfit.  Weird hours.  They run out of items daily so you have to time it.  If you want big, easy, and quick (insert mom joke...), there's always Hard 8.  It's good.  Massive.  Lines go fast.  And tons of seating.

Edited by BabaYaga

36 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Sorry - didn't see the earlier replies about the express line.  Still, it's worth it.  

PL is far and away one of my favorite places.  Tip:  you can 100% skip the line.  Inside, to the left of the bar you can order >5lb orders.  Get the "Trough".  Basically a giant sample platter of everything they have.  Beef rib.  Brisket.  Sausage.  Pulled pork.  Etc.  You can add on sides.  By the time it takes you to find a table they'll be calling your name.  Feeds 4+ 

I really want to hit up Cattleaxe.  Heard great things.  Smaller outfit.  Weird hours.  They run out of items daily so you have to time it.  If you want big, easy, and quick (insert mom joke...), there's always Hard 8.  It's good.  Massive.  Lines go fast.  And tons of seating.

Hard 8 brisket sucks ass.  But their ribs are legit.

Just sit at the bar at Pecan Lodge.  The bartender will take your food order.

Or just wait in line.  It doesn't take more than 30 minutes from the street to the register.

If you don't want to wait you could always eat bad food at Dickey's.  There won't be a line there.

Edited by harold

32 minutes ago, harold said:

If you don't want to wait you could always eat bad food at Dickey's.  There won't be a line there.

Pretty sure Parliament did exactly that last year.

Yes, the two of you just need to go inside and find seats at the bar. They'll take your order and serve you there.

16 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Pecan Lodge on Father's Day might be a different animal.  Just be prepared to down 5lbs of meat and you will be fine.

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t.  I’d guess it’s like a good Sunday brunch place on Mother’s Day.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:16 PM, Parliament said:

Meat U Anywhere has been suggested by others.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:21 PM, bluto said:

Meat U was pretty good the one time I had it

Only been to the one in Trophy Club. It ain't bad.

13 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I need to make a mental note not to respond to Parliment threads. Surprised he didn’t get a McRib from McDonalds. 

Don't you love when someone asks for advice...you invest a fair amount of time and effort to give the advice....and they pretty much say fuck you, I'm not taking your advice.

Why even ask?  Just fucking do your own thing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Parliament said:

Ended up doing Hard 8. Was good. I recommend the sausage and jalapeno corn.

14 hours ago, Parliament said:

Went to Hard 8 BBQ in Coppell. I wouldn’t know good BBQ if it sat on my face, but I’d go back for more of their sausage. Jalapeno corn was solid too.

where'd you go?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Don't you love when someone asks for advice...you invest a fair amount of time and effort to give the advice....and they pretty much say fuck you, I'm not taking your advice.

Why even ask?  Just fucking do your own thing.

I'll tack on... how about when an acquaintance asks for dinner recs and you go to great lengths giving different places, even telling them to outright avoid certain ones. And then they go to a place you told them to avoid. 

• Like 1