Week 15: Dallas Cowboys @ Jax Jags

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Deej said:

Fuck Dak Prescott. 

Hope he has a blood clot on the flight home. 

Are you blind?  That bounced off the receiver's arms and into a dude's hands...... How is that on the QB?

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fuck you Dak and your multiple picks a game garbage ass

Again.  Low vision?

This is a defensive loss..... we have not been playing well enough defensively lately beyond the Vikes.

Texans and Cowboys lose on long OT TDs within minutes of each other. 

Texans QB fumbles, KC scores on the next offensive play. 

Cowboys lose on Pick 6 where the pathetic WR should've caught the damn ball , hit him on both arms.  Can't blame Dak for that. 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

That deep pass on 3rd with 1:30 left was the reason we lost.  Without the TO the Jags lose.  Period.

Fuck Moore for calling that play, McCarthy for not overruling it and fuck Jerruh for hiring them

I can guarantee you that wasn’t the first read. At all. I agree that play ended up losing it but it’s not on the call. 

Just now, Porterhouse said:

I can guarantee you that wasn’t the first read. At all. I agree that play ended up losing it but it’s not on the call. 

Sure it wasn't..... I think folks are more questioning throwing at all rather than running and forcing the timeout.

My issue was the first down call.... just horrid, they had been crashing their DEs all fucking game.  If you call it, you tell Dak to really look at keeping, otherwise, I hate going sideways on those type of plays.

• Hook 'Em 2

Injuries on defense have made this defense a shell of what it was at the start of the season. They're playing Nashon Wright and Kelvin Joseph now. 

Lining up Parsons constantly at end is stupid and has worn him down and makes the defense much more predictable than it was when he was at LB and moving to end in certain packages. He could also blitz and move around to pick weak spots in the line to rush into. 

Back to the usual Cowboys situation where the offense has to overcome a weak defense and win games. We know how that ends. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

yes, so Dallas will only have 1 home game maximum in the playoffs, right? 

Probably none as a wild card. First game on the road. 2nd game on the road unless the other 2 wild cards upset the division winners and the Cowboys are the 2nd highest seed left after the Eagles. 

Most likely zero home games. 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Sure it wasn't..... I think folks are more questioning throwing at all rather than running and forcing the timeout.

My issue was the first down call.... just horrid, they had been crashing their DEs all fucking game.  If you call it, you tell Dak to really look at keeping, otherwise, I hate going sideways on those type of plays.

I have no problem throwing it. Play to win the game. And the 1st down call got 5 or 6 yards. The problem is the QB is anti-clutch. He is a mid-tier QB that is inaccurate and cannot put a team on his shoulders. The first pick is what cost us the game. It was a terrible pass. 

Injuries on defense have made this defense a shell of what it was at the start of the season. They're playing Nashon Wright and Kelvin Joseph now. 
Lining up Parsons constantly at end is stupid and has worn him down and makes the defense much more predictable than it was when he was at LB and moving to end in certain packages. He could also blitz and move around to pick weak spots in the line to rush into. 
Back to the usual Cowboys situation where the offense has to overcome a weak defense and win games. We know how that ends. 

Actually it isn’t the lining him up at end that is the problem. It’s all the extra snaps and eating guards etc he is doing playing LB because the rest of the LBs suck and he can’t come off the field like most true rush ends do in this league.

He probably adds 20 snaps a game at LB he wouldn’t be adding if he was truly doing what most other guys like Miller, Donald, Garrett etc do.

tell me the story again about the 3 HoFers on the Cowboy OL and they do a 3 and out when trying to ice the game late after their D produced a turnover.

It's all fucking fool's gold.

4 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If you’re going to throw, throw on second down, imo. Something safe. Maybe bootleg with the option to keep if the throw isn’t there. A first down wins the game more surely than making them use the timeout. 

This is so simple, and so intelligent.  Not a chance an NFL head coach will go for it.

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Since he ran off jimmy. He’s the only constant 

Well we're using the same logo.  Maybe that's the problem.

• Haha 1

First round exit, here we come. Team isn't designed to do any more. At the absolute best, we beat a bad NFC South. Been this way forever now. It will never end until the front office changes their approach to building a team.

Another game where we blew a 14 pt lead. And actually this was 17. Remember they told us no way it happens again lol. I think Parsons said it.

Noah Brown absolutely has to catch that ball. It might have been a tad short but I think his momentum carries him to a 1st.

There's a reason why this team went out and got a WR.

If you commit to getting the first down, call plays for it. Not two obvious runs to make it 3rd and long. 

if you commit to burning clock and/or timeouts, run it 3 times and if you get a first down hey all the better. 

if you commit to a pass play on 3rd and 10, it should be known that you only throw it if it’s a high likelihood of completion, otherwise you run or just get down. 

Two runs followed by a pass play that ended up a low percentage deep ball is not how you should be working that series. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I have no problem throwing it. Play to win the game. And the 1st down call got 5 or 6 yards. The problem is the QB is anti-clutch. He is a mid-tier QB that is inaccurate and cannot put a team on his shoulders. The first pick is what cost us the game. It was a terrible pass. 

No it didn’t, it lost 2-3 yards putting us behind the sticks.  You have to run on 2nd putting us in 3rd and 10.  So you have to pick up 10 to get a first.  I’m not sure of the exact stats but going to guess 3rd and 10, our offense is under 40% on converting passes….. just like everyone else.  

When trying run out the clock, first down is the most important.  You need positive yardage while protecting the ball to keep all calls potentially on the field.  Moore didn’t do that… he played it like a standard first and got punished for it.  Bad play calling.