Oklahoma Recruiting 2024: Sunken Eyes and Licking Lips

Constant

Doubt anything happens here, but if it does .... lulz.

(Bowen is the 5* who was committed to ND, decommitted and flipped to Oregon at ESD, then a day later, decommitted and flipped to OU.)

HornsDown247 is there to give us the context.

image.thumb.png.b6f850aa867f4014336cf9e768561da4.png

image.thumb.png.3f9f100ee077bd22a48cbdf6cd8b740f.png

image.thumb.png.b938b037f9d38fc08ee639d06ff1c2c2.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

Doubt anything happens here, but if it does .... lulz.

(Bowen is the 5* who was committed to ND, decommitted and flipped to Oregon at ESD, then a day later, decommitted and flipped to OU.)

HornsDown247 is there to give us the context.

image.thumb.png.b6f850aa867f4014336cf9e768561da4.png

image.thumb.png.3f9f100ee077bd22a48cbdf6cd8b740f.png

image.thumb.png.b938b037f9d38fc08ee639d06ff1c2c2.png

What sport does the GF play? Also, why would Wesco be at risk? Are he and Bowen sharing the same female or something ?

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

What sport does the GF play?

Soccer.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, why would Wesco be at risk?

Wesco's sister is also on the team.

Are he and Bowen sharing the same female or something ?

If they do, Drumm and Sooner 247 have been irreproachably reticent regarding Bowen and Wesco's incestuous/orgiastic proclivities ... 

Drumm calls Bowen's GF his "main recruiter" to OU.  So much for Venables and the mystique of Boomer Sooner.

image.thumb.png.97013afa31a80050ed6012f7a29be874.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Soccer.

Wesco's sister is also on the team.

If they do, Drumm and Sooner 247 have been irreproachably reticent regarding Bowen and Wesco's incestuous/orgiastic proclivities ... 

Drumm calls Bowen's GF his "main recruiter" to OU.  So much for Venables and the mystique of Boomer Sooner.

image.thumb.png.97013afa31a80050ed6012f7a29be874.png

Bowen's gf: 

Wesco's sister:

https://soonersports.com/sports/soccer/roster/bailey-wesco/16090

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

OU hired the Ole Miss soccer coach and did kind of a rushed deal to get it out there by May 1.   Trying to give the new coach time to recruit the umpteen players in the portal to come out - including the ones referred to above.  The old coach was fired kind of suddenly.  Like two week after he hired a new assistant coach.  Ouch.  And three weeks before their first soccer camp.

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Imagine being in the recruiting business and thinking "Yeah, Rivals is the place to be."

Imagine being in the recruiting business and thinking "Yeah, Oklahoma is the team to cover."

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I believe that certain okies are born into those positions, as opposed to selecting them. Step 1: Be a Felon. 

Is James Hale still covering OU? Is he still alive, even? I remember the first time I read about him being an embezzling grifter who spent, if memory serves, several years in prison for it. I laughed out loud at my office desk and had to explain myself to my boss. That was like 25 years ago. Never has a guy covering a program been more on brand than that dude for OU. Reading his torturing of the English language was hilarious. Never once did he think an outcome was going to go against OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Is James Hale still covering OU? Is he still alive, even? I remember the first time I read about him being an embezzling grifter who spent, if memory serves, several years in prison for it. I laughed out loud at my office desk and had to explain myself to my boss. That was like 25 years ago. Never has a guy covering a program been more on brand than that dude for OU. Reading his torturing of the English language was hilarious. Never once did he think an outcome was going to go against OU.

Per his twitter, he is alive and working at OU Football Brainiacs. In regards to the bolded, apparently Hale and co-worker Darius Terrell have identical game predictions.  

• Haha 1

And imagine: Hale has more teeth than most of the people who read his work (or have it read to them)!

Dude also has some blingy bracelets! A little constricting, but you get used to that.

Edited by Tex Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/college/miami/article/oklahoma-football-coach-brent-venables-takes-jab-at-miami-hurric-212805633/

Venables is apparently talking shit about Miami in recruiting battles.

Spoiler

Are tense recruiting battles behind Oklahoma coach Brent Venables' jab at Miami?
by Cody Nagel

Brent Venables' first season as head coach at Oklahoma certainly did not meet expectations as the Sooners finished with a losing record for the first time since 1998. But it could have been worse, right? Five of their seven losses were one-score games including each of the last four by the slim margin of a field goal. At 2023 Big 12 Media Days on Thursday, Venables echoed the sentiment that last season was not up to standard at Oklahoma, while also noting the differences in losing records. He appeared to take a jab at Mario Cristobal and the Miami Hurricanes in the process, as the two programs are engaged in intense recruiting battles.

“6-7, none of it’s any good, right?” Venables said in an interview with College Sports on SiriusXM. “But had we gotten blown out by a Middle Tennessee, had we gotten beat by Florida State 45-3, the conversation is probably a little different.”

The two highly-specific examples Venables provided leave little room for doubt that he was making a reference to Miami.

Last season, the Hurricanes missed out on a bowl game, but like Oklahoma, finished with seven losses in Year 1 under Cristobal. One of those defeats was against Middle Tennessee, 45-31, and another, as Venables mentioned, was a blowout loss to rival Florida State.

The Seminoles were a common opponent for Oklahoma and Miami last season. The Sooners lost to Florida State, 35-32, in the Cheez-It Bowl.

So what was the reasoning behind Venables’ snarky comments? It could be as simple as recent high-profile recruiting battles between the two schools for coveted 2024 prospects.

“Oklahoma won out for Davon Mitchell and Jayden Jackson over Miami and others recently," said 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong. "Those two are in the thick of it for five-star David Stone as well." 

Mitchell is a four-star tight end from Los Alamitos (Calif.) that committed to the Sooners on July 8, while also reclassifying from 2025 to 2024. He ranks as the No. 7 tight end and No. 85 overall prospect regardless of position in the current cycle.

Jackson is the most recent commit for Oklahoma having made his announcement on Thursday while Venables and the Sooners were at Big 12 Media Days. The three-star defensive lineman from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy is in the backyard of the ‘Canes’ recruiting territory and might not be the only prospect Oklahoma steals from the Sunshine State in the 2024 class.

The Sooners hold an edge in the 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions for Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy five-star defensive lineman David Stone. The No. 10 overall recruit in the 2024 class took official visits to both Oklahoma and Miami in June while also making trips to Florida and Michigan State.

Stone is originally from Oklahoma and moved to Florida prior to his junior season.

Miami does hold an edge in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting race with the No. 16-ranked class in 2024. Oklahoma currently ranks No. 26 nationally.

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

https://247sports.com/college/miami/article/oklahoma-football-coach-brent-venables-takes-jab-at-miami-hurric-212805633/

Venables is apparently talking shit about Miami in recruiting battles.

Reveal hidden contents

Are tense recruiting battles behind Oklahoma coach Brent Venables' jab at Miami?
by Cody Nagel

Brent Venables' first season as head coach at Oklahoma certainly did not meet expectations as the Sooners finished with a losing record for the first time since 1998. But it could have been worse, right? Five of their seven losses were one-score games including each of the last four by the slim margin of a field goal. At 2023 Big 12 Media Days on Thursday, Venables echoed the sentiment that last season was not up to standard at Oklahoma, while also noting the differences in losing records. He appeared to take a jab at Mario Cristobal and the Miami Hurricanes in the process, as the two programs are engaged in intense recruiting battles.

“6-7, none of it’s any good, right?” Venables said in an interview with College Sports on SiriusXM. “But had we gotten blown out by a Middle Tennessee, had we gotten beat by Florida State 45-3, the conversation is probably a little different.”

The two highly-specific examples Venables provided leave little room for doubt that he was making a reference to Miami.

Last season, the Hurricanes missed out on a bowl game, but like Oklahoma, finished with seven losses in Year 1 under Cristobal. One of those defeats was against Middle Tennessee, 45-31, and another, as Venables mentioned, was a blowout loss to rival Florida State.

The Seminoles were a common opponent for Oklahoma and Miami last season. The Sooners lost to Florida State, 35-32, in the Cheez-It Bowl.

So what was the reasoning behind Venables’ snarky comments? It could be as simple as recent high-profile recruiting battles between the two schools for coveted 2024 prospects.

“Oklahoma won out for Davon Mitchell and Jayden Jackson over Miami and others recently," said 247Sports Director of Recruiting Steve Wiltfong. "Those two are in the thick of it for five-star David Stone as well." 

Mitchell is a four-star tight end from Los Alamitos (Calif.) that committed to the Sooners on July 8, while also reclassifying from 2025 to 2024. He ranks as the No. 7 tight end and No. 85 overall prospect regardless of position in the current cycle.

Jackson is the most recent commit for Oklahoma having made his announcement on Thursday while Venables and the Sooners were at Big 12 Media Days. The three-star defensive lineman from Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy is in the backyard of the ‘Canes’ recruiting territory and might not be the only prospect Oklahoma steals from the Sunshine State in the 2024 class.

The Sooners hold an edge in the 247Sports Crystal Ball Predictions for Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy five-star defensive lineman David Stone. The No. 10 overall recruit in the 2024 class took official visits to both Oklahoma and Miami in June while also making trips to Florida and Michigan State.

Stone is originally from Oklahoma and moved to Florida prior to his junior season.

Miami does hold an edge in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting race with the No. 16-ranked class in 2024. Oklahoma currently ranks No. 26 nationally.

"No YOU'RE a scummy program full of criminals that peaked in the 90s!"

• Haha 6