Origin of Covid-19

statsman

• 5 months later...

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/media/reps/icymi-dr-paul-pens-op-ed-for-fox-news-the-great-covid-cover-up-shocking-truth-about-wuhan-and-15-federal-agencies/

April 9, 2024

WASHINGTON, D.C. – In a new op-ed for Fox News, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), Ranking Member of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, discussed the fifteen federal agencies that knew the EcoHealth Alliance and Wuhan Institute of Virology were seeking federal funding in 2018 to create a virus similar to COVID-19.

You can read the op-ed published in Fox News here or below:

How vast was the Great COVID Cover-up? Well, my investigation has recently discovered government officials from 15 federal agencies knew in 2018 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was trying to create a coronavirus like COVID-19.  

These officials knew that the Chinese lab was proposing to create a COVID 19-like virus and not one of these officials revealed this scheme to the public. In fact, 15 agencies with knowledge of this project have continuously refused to release any information concerning this alarming and dangerous research.

Government officials representing at least 15 federal agencies were briefed on a project proposed by Peter Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

This project, the DEFUSE project, proposed to insert a furin cleavage site into a coronavirus to create a novel chimeric virus that would have been shockingly similar to the COVID-19 virus. 

For years, I have been fighting to obtain records from dozens of federal agencies relating to the origins of COVID-19 and the DEFUSE project. Under duress, the administration finally released documents that show that the DEFUSE project was pitched to at least 15 agencies in January 2018.

What does this mean?

It means that at least 15 federal agencies knew from the beginning of the pandemic that EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology were seeking federal funding in 2018 to create a virus genetically very similar if not identical to COVID-19.

Disturbingly, not one of these 15 agencies spoke up to warn us that the Wuhan Institute of Virology had been pitching this research. Not one of these agencies warned anyone that this Chinese lab had already put together plans to create such a virus.

Peter Daszak concealed this proposal. University of North Carolina scientist Ralph Baric, a named collaborator on the DEFUSE project, failed to reveal that the Wuhan Institute of Virology had already proposed to create a virus similar to COVID-19. 

And now we know that 15 agencies heard the proposal and when each agency discovered that COVID-19 was strangely similar to DEFUSE’s proposed virus creation, not one agency head stepped forward to warn the public that the virus might be man-made and therefore already adapted to transmit freely among humans.

Not surprising to some of us, Dr. Anthony Fauci’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) was not only briefed on Wuhan’s desire to create this virus, NIAID was actually listed as a participant in the initial DEFUSE pitch. Fauci’s Rocky Mountain Lab was named as a partner alongside the Wuhan Institute of Virology in the proposal.

These documents also reveal that a scientist whose lab has received millions of dollars from EcoHealth was also part of the original plan to create these chimeric coronaviruses. This researcher, Ian Lipkin, also later became one of the authors of “Proximal Origins,” a journal paper commissioned by Fauci and National Institutes of Health head Francis Collins to throw shade on anyone arguing that the virus might have come from the lab. Yet, Ian Lipkin never revealed to the public the DEFUSE proposal. 

Did NIAID warn us? Did Anthony Fauci warn us? No! All lips remained sealed. 

Millions of people died from COVID-19. We now know that over 15 government agencies, as well as the investigators Peter Daszak, Ralph Baric, Ian Lipkin and scientists at NIAID’s Rocky Mountain Lab, all knew of the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s desire to create a coronavirus with a furin cleavage site, a virus pre-adapted for human transmission.

And no one spoke up. We only know of this DEFUSE proposal because a whistleblower, one brave Marine, Lt. Col. Joseph Murphy, came forward with the truth.

Likely, hundreds of people in the government knew of this proposal to create a COVID-19-like virus and virtually every one of these people chose to keep quiet, to obscure, and ultimately to conceal information that might have saved lives by letting the world know this was no sleepy animal virus with poor transmission. 

No, all evidence suggests COVID-19 was a laboratory-enhanced virus purposefully adapted for human transmission.

Shame on all those who covered up the DEFUSE project! Of course, they all should be punished but likely won’t. At the very least, though, the perpetrators should be made to admit the truth and Congress should finally put in place sufficient oversight to make sure dangerous gain of function experiments are sufficiently vetted and, if necessary, prevented.

21 hours ago, Bevo said:

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/media/reps/icymi-dr-paul-pens-op-ed-for-fox-news-the-great-covid-cover-up-shocking-truth-about-wuhan-and-15-federal-agencies/

April 9, 2024

WASHINGTON, D.C. – In a new op-ed for Fox News, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), Ranking Member of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, discussed the fifteen federal agencies that knew the EcoHealth Alliance and Wuhan Institute of Virology were seeking federal funding in 2018 to create a virus similar to COVID-19.

You can read the op-ed published in Fox News here or below:

How vast was the Great COVID Cover-up? Well, my investigation has recently discovered government officials from 15 federal agencies knew in 2018 that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was trying to create a coronavirus like COVID-19.  

These officials knew that the Chinese lab was proposing to create a COVID 19-like virus and not one of these officials revealed this scheme to the public. In fact, 15 agencies with knowledge of this project have continuously refused to release any information concerning this alarming and dangerous research.

Government officials representing at least 15 federal agencies were briefed on a project proposed by Peter Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

This project, the DEFUSE project, proposed to insert a furin cleavage site into a coronavirus to create a novel chimeric virus that would have been shockingly similar to the COVID-19 virus. 

For years, I have been fighting to obtain records from dozens of federal agencies relating to the origins of COVID-19 and the DEFUSE project. Under duress, the administration finally released documents that show that the DEFUSE project was pitched to at least 15 agencies in January 2018.

What does this mean?

It means that at least 15 federal agencies knew from the beginning of the pandemic that EcoHealth Alliance and the Wuhan Institute of Virology were seeking federal funding in 2018 to create a virus genetically very similar if not identical to COVID-19.

Disturbingly, not one of these 15 agencies spoke up to warn us that the Wuhan Institute of Virology had been pitching this research. Not one of these agencies warned anyone that this Chinese lab had already put together plans to create such a virus.

Peter Daszak concealed this proposal. University of North Carolina scientist Ralph Baric, a named collaborator on the DEFUSE project, failed to reveal that the Wuhan Institute of Virology had already proposed to create a virus similar to COVID-19. 

And now we know that 15 agencies heard the proposal and when each agency discovered that COVID-19 was strangely similar to DEFUSE’s proposed virus creation, not one agency head stepped forward to warn the public that the virus might be man-made and therefore already adapted to transmit freely among humans.

Not surprising to some of us, Dr. Anthony Fauci’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) was not only briefed on Wuhan’s desire to create this virus, NIAID was actually listed as a participant in the initial DEFUSE pitch. Fauci’s Rocky Mountain Lab was named as a partner alongside the Wuhan Institute of Virology in the proposal.

These documents also reveal that a scientist whose lab has received millions of dollars from EcoHealth was also part of the original plan to create these chimeric coronaviruses. This researcher, Ian Lipkin, also later became one of the authors of “Proximal Origins,” a journal paper commissioned by Fauci and National Institutes of Health head Francis Collins to throw shade on anyone arguing that the virus might have come from the lab. Yet, Ian Lipkin never revealed to the public the DEFUSE proposal. 

Did NIAID warn us? Did Anthony Fauci warn us? No! All lips remained sealed. 

Millions of people died from COVID-19. We now know that over 15 government agencies, as well as the investigators Peter Daszak, Ralph Baric, Ian Lipkin and scientists at NIAID’s Rocky Mountain Lab, all knew of the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s desire to create a coronavirus with a furin cleavage site, a virus pre-adapted for human transmission.

And no one spoke up. We only know of this DEFUSE proposal because a whistleblower, one brave Marine, Lt. Col. Joseph Murphy, came forward with the truth.

Likely, hundreds of people in the government knew of this proposal to create a COVID-19-like virus and virtually every one of these people chose to keep quiet, to obscure, and ultimately to conceal information that might have saved lives by letting the world know this was no sleepy animal virus with poor transmission. 

No, all evidence suggests COVID-19 was a laboratory-enhanced virus purposefully adapted for human transmission.

Shame on all those who covered up the DEFUSE project! Of course, they all should be punished but likely won’t. At the very least, though, the perpetrators should be made to admit the truth and Congress should finally put in place sufficient oversight to make sure dangerous gain of function experiments are sufficiently vetted and, if necessary, prevented.

one question...

How many agencies??? not quite clear on that.

Hey man, only time you worry about the Federal Government is when there's only one agency on the scene.  That's when you know something is rotten in Denmark.  

They tried to consolidate it all into one Oversight Group on the fly with that Pence-Fauci-Birx 'Task Force.'  And you saw how well that went.  The scientific community usually (and I mean that in proper metrical sense of the word), keeps in pretty good contact with one another (both private labs and government labs here and with our allies abroad).  But I remember watching State of Texas or White House press conferences and they'd give some cursory 5 minutes to like a Deputy Attorney General or Secretary of HUD or Air National Guard Colonel...and I just dumbfounded whey the fuck there mucking up the works.  Like "Are we gonna sue the virus, or find it FMAC loan, or napalm it out of existence?  Who the fuck are you people?"  

We'll be unpacking the spread, and the mutations, and the origins, etc. of this thing for decades.  Can you imagine what a shit show it was like 100 years ago during the last global pandemic when you had to wait a fortnight for a response from the other labs on their test results?  To that point, there's gonna be a whole other academic branch that breaks off to study the intra-agency, inter-agency, and international response at the administrative level (from continents to countries to states to counties to cities.  Gonna be a whole other container ship to unpack.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Hey man, only time you worry about the Federal Government is when there's only one agency on the scene.  That's when you know something is rotten in Denmark.  

They tried to consolidate it all into one Oversight Group on the fly with that Pence-Fauci-Birx 'Task Force.'  And you saw how well that went.  The scientific community usually (and I mean that in proper metrical sense of the word), keeps in pretty good contact with one another (both private labs and government labs here and with our allies abroad).  But I remember watching State of Texas or White House press conferences and they'd give some cursory 5 minutes to like a Deputy Attorney General or Secretary of HUD or Air National Guard Colonel...and I just dumbfounded whey the fuck there mucking up the works.  Like "Are we gonna sue the virus, or find it FMAC loan, or napalm it out of existence?  Who the fuck are you people?"  

We'll be unpacking the spread, and the mutations, and the origins, etc. of this thing for decades.  Can you imagine what a shit show it was like 100 years ago during the last global pandemic when you had to wait a fortnight for a response from the other labs on their test results?  To that point, there's gonna be a whole other academic branch that breaks off to study the intra-agency, inter-agency, and international response at the administrative level (from continents to countries to states to counties to cities.  Gonna be a whole other container ship to unpack.  

It does seem like nobody really cares to hold China accountable or get to the bottom of it with root cause analysis and appropriately assign blame and punitive disciplines.

Which, if I recall correctly when it would get brought up in 2020-2022, everyone was like "NOW IS NOT THE TIME, OKAY!? HAVE SOME EMPATHY! LET"S FIRST GET THROUGH THIS AND THEN WE WILL GET TOUGH ON CHINA...."

It's nearly halfway through 2024 and people seem to not care. With Yellen's trip a week and a half ago and the thawing rhetoric attempts, we are going the opposite way and it increasingly looks like China is going to just be able to get away with Covid-19 with no consequence (global response, not their own economic headaches they caused).

I get it, China is too strong to push around and truly hold accountable, but that sucks. No wonder India has been trying to be a big player, as we see with Israel as well, might is right.

Edited by BeardIP

I'm not endorsing the stance, or even tacitly condoning it, but there may be strategic rationale for not internationally embarrassing/accusing China right now on our part because of what that may provoke in terms of a large-theater war in Taiwan.  But what does not get discussed much by the "What about China" crowd in the U.S. is who has less to lose by investigating/exposing China in Covid?  Europe (Taiwan would not be a NATO or EU concern, officially though I'm sure the Brits would have a stake in it given their historical involvement in the region).  Where is Australia/New Zealand in this China investigation?  Where is India?  Where is the Middle East?  Where are the more prominent Latin American countries?  Where is Canada?  Where is Russia?  Where is SE Asia?  Where are the 2 Koreas?  They all suffered as much as we did and don't have to walk on Taiwanese egg shells to get answers.  We're the global leader but when it comes to pandemics, superpower status doesn't mean much to a virus.  Why are all those leaders and countries and coalitions getting a pass when they've far less to lose by antagonizing China on the topic?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But I remember watching State of Texas or White House press conferences and they'd give some cursory 5 minutes to like a Deputy Attorney General or Secretary of HUD or Air National Guard Colonel...and I just dumbfounded whey the fuck there mucking up the works.  Like "Are we gonna sue the virus, or find it FMAC loan, or napalm it out of existence?  Who the fuck are you people?"  

I largely agree with the entirety of your post, but this had me cackling and was absolutely quote worthy.

Don't give a single shit about anything coming out of Rand Paul's mouth. But setting that aside, let's suppose that someone can prove pretty strongly that China is responsible by either developing it and releasing it intentionally or negligently, or were negligent when it was discovered at a wet market, what next? Are we gonna go to war with China over the pandemic? We've had about a dozen and a half reasons to go to war with them over the years and haven't for fairly obvious reasons. So what does "holding China accountable" look like? It's a genuine question on my part, I just don't see what is supposed to happen, and why this would be different than the other bad stuff China does and has done over the decades.

• Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So what does "holding China accountable" look like? It's a genuine question on my part,

I’d settle for an acknowledgment of the truth and some sort of international treaty not to engage in GOF research going forward.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I’d settle for an acknowledgment of the truth and some sort of international treaty not to engage in GOF research going forward.

Not familiar with the Chinese and the concept of "face" are ya?

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Hate said:

Now what if he is right about 15 Federal agencies not speaking up about what they knew…if these allegations are true?

If they are true, produce the evidence.  Currently, the only thing presented in this thread is a political op-ed piece stating this as fact.  I think it mentioned documents proving all this?  I would love to read them.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

Which Chinese made Covid?  

Little 12 year old girls in Wuhan working 18 hour days without proper protective gear or ventilation.  

Oh sorry, I thought you said Converse.  

Yeah signing an international treaty with China would totally work, they always stick to their end of the bargain.  

Edited by YGIFS

On 4/15/2024 at 5:03 PM, 'stache said:

Don't give a single shit about anything coming out of Rand Paul's mouth. But setting that aside, let's suppose that someone can prove pretty strongly that China is responsible by either developing it and releasing it intentionally or negligently, or were negligent when it was discovered at a wet market, what next? Are we gonna go to war with China over the pandemic? We've had about a dozen and a half reasons to go to war with them over the years and haven't for fairly obvious reasons. So what does "holding China accountable" look like? It's a genuine question on my part, I just don't see what is supposed to happen, and why this would be different than the other bad stuff China does and has done over the decades.

Well we’d definitely take them off our Christmas card list.

And next (every?) time we hear of some new virus in China we’d move much quicker to shut off travel from that shithole.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Well we’d definitely take them off our Christmas card list.

And next (every?) time we hear of some new virus in China we’d move much quicker to shut off travel from that shithole.

But then all the plastic shit at Walmart would cost three times as much. 

On 4/15/2024 at 5:03 PM, 'stache said:

But setting that aside, let's suppose that someone can prove pretty strongly that China is responsible by either developing it and releasing it intentionally or negligently, or were negligent when it was discovered at a wet market, what next?

Crazy thought here, but maybe we stop using US taxpayer dollars to support off-shored risky virus research through funding cutouts without adequate audit procedures and  controls in place. This is like crazy world that these things are obvious.  

• Hook 'Em 2