2018 MLB Thread

Netzer

11 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Dude, the implication was that some of your previous dates turned out to be men.  Maybe the joke wasn't clear.  Maybe you just missed it.  I wasn't dogging your girl, she is very pretty.

Peace and Chill.

ARE YOU ACCUSING ME OF OVERREACTING TO SOMETHING?! ME?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With time zone differences, I can only see afternoon games over here.  I checked today’s schedule and see the Yankees vs Mariners (Paxton vs Severino) is this afternoon.  So help me God if this winds up being one of those shitty ass Facebook games I’m going to burn down Rob Manfred’s house and throat fuck Zuckerberg’s geisha wife.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

How was Coors Field?  One of many stadiums on my "need to visit" list.  If nothing else, for the weather alone.

weather was perfect. i was surprised at how many fans showed up for a midweek game against the Mets, even if more than half the crowd showed up in the second inning (this city reminds me of austin down to the shitty traffic). one thing that stood out was how friendly everyone who worked for the Rockies was. we spoke to probably 8-10 different employees for various reasons and they all were helpful and engaging. as the sun went down the place just got more and more beautiful. i've wanted to come to a game here for a long time and this one lived up to it, particularly with the high score and the performances of my three Rockies fantasy players (Blackmon, DJ, Ottavino). Also it was dollar hotdog night and your boy took advantage. bottom line, we had a blast. most fun i've had at a (mostly) neutral game in a long time.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

Paxton vs Severino is pretty good for a Wednesday matinee.  Judge just hit a 2 run homer in the bottom of the 1st and Stanton almost made it back to back but was robbed on a hell of a catch by Haniger in center.

Edited by WBT

Phillie Phanatic Shoots Woman In Face With Hot Dog Gun, Sends Her To Hospital

sxeldjvfemfjcrmxls7g.jpg

The Phillie Phanatic aimed his hot dog gun, pressed a button and fired into the stands. The duct tape-wrapped hot dog flew through the air … and hit Kathy McVay in the face. It knocked off her glasses, gave her a black eye and sent her to the emergency room. She has to ice her face every 20 minutes.

The incident happened Monday during the Phillies’ home game against the Cardinals. McVay, who was sitting near home plate, told 6 ABC’sAction News that she wasn’t able to protect her face because she has a shoulder injury that she’s getting surgically repaired soon. Fortunately, tests showed she didn’t suffer a concussion.

“I have a small hematoma in my eye,” she told 6 ABC. “And mostly, it’s going to get worse before it gets better. It’s going to go down the side of my face.”

McVay is a great sport about it. She said she’s fine if people laugh at the situation—which is great, because it is pretty funny—and was happy to talk to Action News because she wanted to warn Phillies fans of the dangers of flying hot dogs.

She also says she has no intention of suing the Phillie Phanatic, a mascot who was named “the most-sued mascot in the majors” in a 2002 Cardozo Law Review article. But McVay might not have much of a case even if she wanted to sue. A fan sued Kansas City Royals mascot Sluggerr for something similar in 2010. As Philadelphia lawyer Adam Bonin recapped in a Twitter thread, the Missouri Supreme Court ruled in Coomer v. Kansas City Royals Baseball Corp. that tossed hot dogs—unlike bats and balls—were not an inherent part of a baseball game and the Royals could be sued for the incident. But when the case went trial in 2015, the Royals were foundto be not at fault.

The Phillies may not have to answer for the Phanatic’s hot dog shooting, but they have offered McVay free tickets to an upcoming game. The Phanatic ought to have a bunch of hot dogs for her, and just hand them to her this time.

Spoiler

eqxhamgkgthnnqh9ysoo.jpg

phillie-phanatic-hot-dog-launcher-152372

The Phanatic, Ralphie Parker, was unavailable for comment.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, Fozzz said:

Obviously still early, but I wonder if the shift (including the Astros' softball shift) has gotten into Joey Gallo's head a bit.  He's not pulling the ball at all so far and the contact quality on his fly balls has been trash.  

Not sure if it's the shift, but this has held up well.  Pull% down.  HR/FB% down.  Sucks for Arlington.  

40 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

from the "fantasy is easy to predict" category - brandon nimmo is leading the nl in slugging.  trevor story (selected 96th in our draft) is leading mlb in rbi.  ross stripling is #1 on pr30 for sp. 

not to mention both hitters are nl guys.

Commissioner Robert D. Manfred Jr. announced on Friday that Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Roberto Osuna has accepted a suspension without pay through Aug. 4, 2018, for violating Major League Baseball's Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy. The unpaid suspension of Osuna is retroactive to May 8, 2018, and covers 75 games.

Osuna has agreed not to appeal the discipline. Consistent with the terms of the Policy, Osuna will participate in a confidential and comprehensive evaluation and treatment program supervised by the Joint Policy Board.

Commissioner Manfred issued the following statement regarding the discipline:

"My office has completed its investigation into the allegation that Roberto Osuna violated Major League Baseball's Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy on May 8, 2018. Having reviewed all of the available evidence, I have concluded that Mr. Osuna violated the Policy and should be subject to discipline in the form of an unpaid suspension that will expire on August 4th."

3 hours ago, dbecks said:

Hanley Ramirez is apparently under investigation for a murder in the Dominican Republic in 2015.  

So... I can see why he is still a free agent. 

Drug dealing is the wrap now.  Fentanyl, of all things.