2023 Texas High School Football

Hiphopopotamos

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

This is how contractors in bed with politicians get rewarded.

Remember how Allen let their Aggy friend win the bid for the $60M stadium that wasn't even built correctly? I could be wrong, but i think it was a single bid. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 1

csb./ the Aggie with the master contract on basically anything and everything involving concrete at A&M athletics is a neighbor of mine.  They're incredibly nice people but obnoxiously Aggie even for Aggie.  I want to call him out on his complete fucking con-game, but they do nice decorations that the girls enjoy at Easter.  So...../csb

But honestly, that is a fucking diseased cult.  Usually when you get to the higher-ups, you run into normal, educated people just looking to make some easy cash.  But at every fucking turn at every level of business and government...Aggies---no matter their success level---are just ignorant cunts through and through.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

csb./ the Aggie with the master contract on basically anything and everything involving concrete at A&M athletics is a neighbor of mine.  They're incredibly nice people but obnoxiously Aggie even for Aggie.  I want to call him out on his complete fucking con-game, but they do nice decorations that the girls enjoy at Easter.  So...../csb

But honestly, that is a fucking diseased cult.  Usually when you get to the higher-ups, you run into normal, educated people just looking to make some easy cash.  But at every fucking turn at every level of business and government...Aggies---no matter their success level---are just ignorant cunts through and through.

MOVE

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

My business partner is Aggy and I love her. She got an email from the foundation the day before the Ole Miss game that was signed off BTHMS. "Beat the hell out of Mississippi State, haha. 

First round of the playoffs is complete shit at the levels below 6A because of the preseason split, so here are the 6A-dominated best games of the opening round:

Allen-Lewisville  tonight

Bridgeland-Cain

Vandegrift-LT

Coppell-Guyer

Cedar Hill-Weiss

Dekaney-Oak Ridge

Ryan-Lake Belton

Midlo-Northwest

A&M Consol-Wagner

Timberview-Wakeland

Randle-FB Marshall

Texark-Terrell

Lorena-Yoakum

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 2

Thanks to the UIL and TASO snuggling, we (SA Chapter) have officiating crews traveling to EP, Midland, Waco, and CS, just to name a few. Wow - really need that “out of town crew” to officiate 9-1 vs 4-6, or worse! There are teams with less than 4 wins in the “playoffs!” What have we reduced ourselves to by have two divisions within each classification? Participation Trophy for all!

While others like band can only compete for “State” recognition every other year, because there is too many schools now?

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

Any steaming games on YouTube this week? 

I think if it’s not on NFHS schools can request to broadcast games. I know Texarkana Gameday is showing both the Pleasant Grove and Texas High first round games.

“2023-2024 Post Season Video Broadcast Information
Live or tape-delayed video broadcasts of a postseason contest require approval from the UIL. The UIL retains all broadcast rights to postseason contests and has granted rights to its broadcast partners. The UIL’s broadcast partners have first rights to all postseason activities and if a broadcast partner selects a contest for broadcast, in most cases an additional broadcast cannot be approved.”
For 2023-2024, the UIL’s broadcast partners are the NFHS Network and Bally Sports Southwest
  • Hook 'Em 1

Rainy and cold(ish) all over DFW. Aledo and Killeen Shoemaker are half way through the first quarter and Aledo has already put the ball on the ground 5 freaking times. 0-0.

Wow is all I can say. I’m sure they’ll pull it out, but that’s why games aren’t played on the papers prior to the game.

Hook’em!!!

32 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Any steaming games on YouTube this week? 

Is streaming games on YouTube just a valley thing? You can find most games on there every week. Couple live ones tonight. PSJAN starts their march to make history:

My Cards taking on Edinburg. Jesus fuck Edinburg is terrible

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 3

Yoakum’s Coach is a former Horn! I officiated one of his games two years ago and told him that I remembered watching him in Burnt Orange, which kind of reflects my age. Damn, I’m getting old!

Hook’em!!!

I’m meant to add Bo Robinson - late ‘90s to 2000
Player for the Horns.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Benches clear in that PSJAN-Donna game. More pushing & shoving than punches thrown from what I saw. Hopefully no one gets suspended

Watching the game, it seems that PSJAN is talking a lot of shit between plays. The refs need to get control of that before something bigger happens.

8 minutes ago, leaf said:

Watching the game, it seems that PSJAN is talking a lot of shit between plays. The refs need to get control of that before something bigger happens.

Donna is (literally) the last team in the country with Redskins as a mascot. The PSJAN players are just trying to educate them on the plight of the native people and the harmfulness of stereotypes. 

In game news PSJAN is up 31-7 at the half. Aparicio hit the griddy (it’s a dance move) after a 90 yard TD run and Donna players took exception. Game’s been chippy ever since.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, TexPx said:

Final:
Allen 18
Lewisville 17

I watched this one.  Pretty shitty game between two programs that used to be a lot better.  Allen's season won't last much longer.  OK, they'll beat Martin next week because they always did when Wager was there, and holy hell, that's a shitty bracket, they could make the region finals with some luck.

Also,

Canyon 51 Wichita Falls 33  The Old High Coyotes are no more, which pisses me off.

Lorena 45 Yoakum 7

Alvarado 49 Kennedale 27 is the closest thing to an upset that I see in the lower classes.

• Hook 'Em 1

Underrated game in SA Burbank vs SA Vets Memorial. Keven Hernandez vs James Peoples. Burbank is seeking the first playoff victory in the 85 year history of the school. 

I’ve been assured we will curb stomp Burbank without prejudice. Source: some random 17yr old backup player who sits next to my daughter in class.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Meanwhile, here in the mean hills of West Austin, the talk is dominated by the Lake Travis football "Peanutgate" scandal. Two players coated all the belongings of another one with peanut stuff. He apparently has a severe allergy. The suspensions were pretty minimal and now criminal charges are being discussed. One of the perpetrators is a highly recruited player. The fury is mounting and it may bring down the coach. 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/peanut-allergy-lake-travis-high-school-students-football-teammate-severe-allergies

Edited by TreatyOak

9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Meanwhile, here in the mean hills of West Austin, the talk is dominated by the Lake Travis football "Peanutgate" scandal. Two players coated all the belongings of another one with peanut stuff. He apparently has a severe allergy. The suspensions were pretty minimal and now criminal charges are being discussed. One of the perpetrators is a highly recruited player. The fury is mounting and it may bring down the coach. 

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/peanut-allergy-lake-travis-high-school-students-football-teammate-severe-allergies

If they did it knowing he has that allergy then charges should be filed.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If they did it knowing he has that allergy then charges should be filed.

Yes, they knew. The idiots even videoed themselves doing it. The victim actually missed the next game cause all his equipment was contaminated. It resulted in a pretty paltry suspension since their next game was against Dripping Springs and corch needed his best players. The victim's parents have been screaming bloody murder and now criminal charges are at least being investigated. The scandal might have even brought down the district's huge athletic bond last week.  

2 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

I’ve been assured we will curb stomp Burbank without prejudice. Source: some random 17yr old backup player who sits next to my daughter in class.

Probably the most likely result, Burbank is just a one man show with Hernandez at QB. He’s a hell of a show though, 3,000 total yards and 36 TDs accounted for this year. He also returns kicks and plays at safety. 

The last time an SAISD school won a playoff game was when Brackenridge upset Alamo Heights in 2012. Ramon Richards was a similar superman for that Brack team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

How does the playoffs brackets work these days? I see my school Forney is playing a Port Arthur team tonight. Port Arthur school is traveling 4-5 hours to play a bi-district round game? This is 5A. Seems pretty shitty for them. Is this the norm now?

Region 1 is generally West Texas/Fort Worth

Region 2 Dallas burbs/East Texas

Region 3 Houston

Region 4 Valley/Austin SA

Forney is at the SE end of DFW in a district with Longview 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Region 1 is generally West Texas/Fort Worth

Region 2 Dallas burbs/East Texas

Region 3 Houston

Region 4 Valley/Austin SA

Forney is at the SE end of DFW in a district with Longview 

Port A does seem far for first round though.  I know that in second round in Region 1 of any sport in 6A or 5A it is almost always a team from the Tarrant County area playing a team from either El Paso, Midland/Odessa, Lubbock etc.  I know the HS my son plays baseball at in 2022 had a second round playoff series against an El Paso team and third round series against Midland team.  They went through all of that to ultimately play team 3 miles down the road in regional final.   

• Hook 'Em 1