Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

4 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Just think, if we'd put anyone other than someone almost guaranteed to have a bad night in there to pitch at the start, we'd be winning this thing.

Dude we're gonna be okay. Sleep it off. It's a 7 game series - Bochy isn't managing to go all out to win G3. Especially against that cocksucker Cristian. 

Dude he let Scherzer throw 63 pitches. He put Will Smith in the game. Is there a gas leak in your house? 
6 pitchers in 9 innings is the opposite of saving arms. Saving arms means you're limiting the number of pitchers used in a game. It's usually done after a bullpen has recently been heavily used. Bochy's getting guys work to keep them sharp. That's not saving arms.

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
17 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Dude he let Scherzer throw 63 pitches. He put Will Smith in the game. Is there a gas leak in your house? 

6 pitchers in 9 innings is the opposite of saving arms. Saving arms means you're limiting the number of pitchers used in a game. It's usually done after a bullpen has recently been heavily used. Bochy's getting guys work to keep them sharp. That's not saving arms.

Jesus fuck you're stupid. Whatever. 

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dude we're gonna be okay. Sleep it off. It's a 7 game series - Bochy isn't managing to go all out to win G3. Especially against that cocksucker Cristian. 

Yeah, I mean we don't have 4 starters if no Scherzer.  If Scherzer could pitch, he was pitching either today or tomorrow.   Our pitching staff is what it is.   Hopefully a better performance tomorrow.

I don't think it was as much getting guys work to keep them sharp, rather, that's what we have in the pen if we aren't using Sborz/Chapman/Leclerc.  We've been extremely fortunate to play with the lead the entire playoffs generally with starters going deep.  Last night is what it looks like when that doesn't happen.  I'm pretty jealous of the stros relief options.

I texted a buddy at the game right before first pitch I felt like we would need 8 or 9 runs to win last night and unfortunately I was right.   Our bats haven't come out and taken over a game yet.  Hopefully we see something resembling that tonight.  Semien and Seager in particular have got to get it going.  

1) never squared up balls. so many lazy flyouts.

2) almost had houdini two nights in a row.  if scherzer doesn't skip that pitch to maldanado, we might get out of another bases loaded jam.  3 runs instead.

3) the only way to retire yordan is to rob his homers.  

4) first time calls went our way and we still lost the game.

5) jung's first blast was inspiring.  oppo power was really impressive.

6) no sborz, chapman and leclerc + off day the day before is nice.  get a lead tonight and have them all feeling good to take care of the last nine outs.

25 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Semien and Seager in particular have got to get it going.  

And Adolis, Lowe, Evan, Garver, Heim etc.

Adolis is 2 for 11. No XBH, 2 RBI.

Outside of Leody and Jung no one is hitting. Team is batting .202. 4 HRs from Jung, Heim and Leody.

Leody has 4 walks. Same as rest of the team. If he's the offensive star they're fucked.

If Semien and Seager set things up Adolis et al. need to deliver.

Astros aren't doing much better but they appear to be warming up and we know who has the better arms. Rangers' bats need to get going, fast.

Edited by gofuckyourself

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Roof open tonight. 

Finally!  Have been wanting to experience the stadium without a roof the way baseball is supposed to be played (although I'll never bitch in August).   I went to a game in April or early May in the '22 season with perfect weather and it was closed for some reason.    And perfect weather last night it was closed.   Glad we are opening it up tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

Finally!  Have been wanting to experience the stadium without a roof the way baseball is supposed to be played (although I'll never bitch in August).   I went to a game in April or early May in the '22 season with perfect weather and it was closed for some reason.    And perfect weather last night it was closed.   Glad we are opening it up tonight.

Roof open is a whole different experience.

Bats need to come alive tonight.

Goddamn, this is fucking peak LSB right here. 

I had an opportunity to interview Ivan Rodriguez on Monday. Of course, I only got the call because Fitz was unavailable and Adam was in mediation, but there are plenty of people that stepped up when everyone else was unavailable and came through in the clutch. Remember closer Austin Hedges?

Alas, I was not one of those people. I recorded the Zoom call without audio. And I didn’t take notes because I thought “hey, I’ll have this Zoom recording to refresh my memory” so I don’t even have a nice typed up interview with direct quotes. I’ll just have to go by memory and rely on my obscurity to protect me from anything I might mischaracterize.

https://www.lonestarball.com/2023/10/19/23923544/my-interview-with-ivan-rodriguez