2023 College Baseball Showdown Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

Ah well, pitching was pretty good outside of Stuart's blowup and we showed fight getting back in it.

I don't see how we're going to build a good offense without someone coming out of nowhere like Murph did last year.

Only three guys are returning from last year's starting line up. Though O'Dowd had 39 at bats I guess.

Surely any of the six guys doing anything will be "coming out of nowhere" 

How do you know how good any of them is at this point to where you can make that determination?

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Another?

Yeah I didn't get that, unless this is another reference to two years ago in the opening tournament. Or he is counting the Alumni Game.

23 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Only three guys are returning from last year's starting line up. Though O'Dowd had 39 at bats I guess.

Surely any of the six guys doing anything will be "coming out of nowhere" 

How do you know how good any of them is at this point to where you can make that determination?

Yeah that's fair.  I'm not drawing conclusions after one game.  We're just very unproven.

• Hook 'Em 2

52 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

Another wasted start by a starter early in the season. Relievers, and defense, had to be better.

28 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Another?

Yeah, we've lost literally every game this season no matter how good the starter was.  It's outta control, man.

Mmmmmm!!!! Damn fuck shit I Love Hate Need  baseball. So hard not to whiskey bender over react after 1 run opener loss!! Yaaaah!! Glad baseball is back...focus....youngerds...newbies...find a roster thru pre conference, love fuck need baseball for autism give damn much. Win the next pitch Horns! Yaaaaaa!!°!!!!!!fu k

Gordon definitely passed the test. Dre is the closer. Gullemette had a great debut. Campbell might take awhile to settle into the responsibility of being the best bar in the lineup. Flores and Thomas disappointed, but we’re going to have to deal with growing pains to be where we need to be late in the season. Carlson at short is the only roster change needed for tomorrow, Daly continues to benefit from his 2021 season

27 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Gordon definitely passed the test. Dre is the closer. Gullemette had a great debut. Campbell might take awhile to settle into the responsibility of being the best bar in the lineup. Flores and Thomas disappointed, but we’re going to have to deal with growing pains to be where we need to be late in the season. Carlson at short is the only roster change needed for tomorrow, Daly continues to benefit from his 2021 season

Eh one game against a really good Arkansas team with an ocean of new faces. I liked what I saw tonight. Would’ve been easy for them to just quit when the pigs got up 3-0. They battled back and whatnot. Stuart is gonna be a weapon out the bullpen down the stretch. I’d like to see Powell be our DH for the time being. He’d bring some much needed power to the lineup. Porter looked solid. Our outfield is gonna save a lot of runs this season. 

I was expecting 1-2 coming out of this weekend. Beat mizzou tomorrow and let’s go from there. Also playing in a little tourney like this gives the young dudes and new faces a taste of what the postseason is gonna be like. All around a good experience for the team

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Facing another tough lefty today (Lohse from Missouri). Went down with Tommy John in 2021 and then came back last year and was really good before going down with a hip injury. When he’s healthy, he is a damn good. 62 strikeouts in 45 innings and a .166 opponent batting average.

Kyle has to be in his mid-40s now, so I like our chances.