#8 Texas @ #9 Baylor - 1pm, ESPN

Js1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Not a fan of announcers crying that Texas has to make Coach Terry Head Coach...

Just shut up Dick!!!

Eh, it's how they're wired.  The average viewer has no idea how much worse we look under Terry than we did under Beard, and it's an easy call based on how well Rodney has "steered the ship".  Non-story.

You know the box score isn't that bad. Carr having an off day is the main issue along with Timmy's 4 turns. A lot of turnovers and lapses on D in general.

The problem is that Baylor really didn't play that well and they aren't sweating much down the stretch here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, it's how they're wired.  The average viewer has no idea how much worse we look under Terry than we did under Beard, and it's an easy call based on how well Rodney has "steered the ship".  Non-story.

Eh, it's still bullshit.

Coach Terry has not earned the Head Coach job of Texas yet...  it's a lazy take by DV.

Shut Up Dickie V !!!

Edited by LTtxfan

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

…and some other program will give Beard a head coaching job, and he will win…..big.

41 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

ESPN commentators get a kick out of tormenting Texas fans. They know we are dreading the possibility of Terry getting the permanent job (thanks Pancho!).

Yeah, I think there's a certain trolling element to it. Dickie V didn't take the Rick Barnes firing well, and if a Texas cheap shot presents itself, he's going to take it every single time. 

And obligatory F*** Baylor. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah, I think there's a certain trolling element to it. Dickie V didn't take the Rick Barnes firing well, and if a Texas cheap shot presents itself, he's going to take it every single time. 

And obligatory F*** Baylor. 

The next time I care what Dickie V has to say might be the first time 

• Haha 1

Went to see their stadium before they switch and we leave the conference.

That stadium made me appreciate the moody center. Stood in line for terrible concessions all half.

Their fans are mostly dorks. I felt like I was at a lock in. Saw like one hot chick. There was a text vote between 3 songs and one of them was footloose, which felt a little on the nose.

They upgraded some fans into this “suite.” Worst seats in the house and it looked like a dumpster. Very weird. But it didn’t seem to be a joke.

6ed6e41e1b81c4b1adf14634bb7c40a1.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, txhorns said:

I’m almost positive that this female ref has not called a foul on Baylor the entire game but is up to about 15 called against Texas.

She was trying to avoid getting raped after the game. Still probably got raped.

Fuck Baylor. 

21 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

We made 2 more baskets and 1 more 3 than Baylor. They shot 17 more free throws at 29-12.  I didn't watch much of the game so I can speak for how it was called but FT's were the difference it appears. 

Eight of Baylor's free throws were after deliberate fouls by Texas in the last minute. Texas also missed the front end of several one and ones. Fouls were pretty even until about six minutes left. Baylor got up by fourteen and the Horns went to a full court press and took chances on defense. It worked, some. The Horns got several turnovers and took it down to a seven point deficit in the final minute. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, txindep said:

Versus the 55% here. I never get the holier than thou perspective. Glass houses, throwing stones, something something.

https://thedailytexan.com/2017/03/24/fenves-releases-campus-sexual-assault-survey/

So what is it you are recommending? We all be ok with institutionally supporting rapists and covering up murder because the world isn't perfect? That article seemed to suggest that six years ago UT investigated this of their own accord and vowed to do something about it. How is that being in a glass house?

Am I supposed to go "Nevermind Alabama, it is perfectly fine for you to cover up for accessories to murder, because SOMEBODY ON UT CAMPUS WAS MURDERED ONCE!"

Everything Penn State did, and their community's response to it, is fine since perhaps at UT a child was once molested in its 130+ year history.

Is that the sort of absurd nihilism you are endorsing here?

Edited by Valmy77

I mean it is one thing for there to be bad things happening on campus. Bad things happen everywhere. It is another to cover it up as long as possible and then once it comes to light the reaction of a large segment of community is to wear "Coach Art Briles" T-shirts and all that crazy apologia shit many of the Penn State community does. Or cheer and turn it into a big joke like at Alabama.

That seems reasonable to condemn. And I certainly have zero support and absolutely condemn anybody and any institution at UT that participates in that kind of behavior.

Edited by Valmy77

34 minutes ago, txindep said:

Versus the 55% here. I never get the holier than thou perspective. Glass houses, throwing stones, something something.

https://thedailytexan.com/2017/03/24/fenves-releases-campus-sexual-assault-survey/

I find it shocking - shocking! - that someone from Baylor is engaging in what-about-ism that completely ignores any sort of context. Can you do it for cat skinning and player murdering, too? I'm legitimately curious.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, txindep said:

Drawing a comparison between publicly releasing data and spending great efforts to cover it up is not going to go the way you think it will, you fucking stupid shit.