#8 Texas @ #9 Baylor - 1pm, ESPN

Js1

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They’re developing way, way more poorly than you’d expect from high level recruits.  Usually they start to be much better by the end of their freshmen seasons compared to the beginning.  I attribute most of that to our coaches basically knowing they only keep their jobs if we win big this year, so they’re all in on the more experienced guys and don’t care about developing the young ones for the future or to help with recruiting narratives.

Also, FR just aren't very good. 

The turning point in this game was when Baylor's "phenom" FR was injured and didn't play. An injury finally forced Drew's hand and look at the result. 

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And that includes Hunter. I'm guessing he'll play elsewhere next year. 

I'd give zero fucks if he transferred. Somehow his stats are worse than I thought. He's shooting 44% from 2, 32% from 3, is putting up 2.5 dimes to 1.9 turns and has less than half as many steals as he did last season. He's like a really shitty version of Courtney Ramey.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

The media, especially ESPN, always sides with the coaches and pushes how the interim guy should get the permanent job, the coach on the hot seat should get more time, etc.

Terry isn’t getting this job unless we have a magical Final Four run.

I'd be stunned if this team makes the FF. The variance game to game is just too high. When is the last time we played 3 good games in a row, let alone 4? 

They can still win the B12 but both remaining games aren't going to be easy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ztejas said:

I'd be stunned if this team makes the FF. The variance game to game is just too high. When is the last time we played 3 good games in a row, let alone 4? 

Ft Worth will be extremely tough. And media darling Kansas with lick your lips Self even at home will be hard. At least we beat cyclones 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is true but also hard to judge based on the competition. 

Texas could very well play 3 weaker opponents until the Elite 8 than like 80% of the Big 12 schedule. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Bu has scored 56 points in the last 22 minutes of game time.  That’s k state game defense. 

Everyone defending RT and saying this team is not much different than with Beard (I'm not saying you, Pato) need to STFU in terms of this right here. The defense, especially defensive three-point percentage, is night and day.