2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

This is not the great argument you think it is-it actually just demonstrates how he’s been misused. He was on the IL for 3 weeks compared to 7 weeks for Alvarez. Even with the all-star break and a day off thrown in here and there, he should have about 100 more plate appearances than him, not 20+ fewer like he does now.

If you use the Rome logic, fat players need more days off 😂😂😂

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Caught this little blurb on 790, chandler isn’t making stuff up. Someone in the Astros org told him that chas was too big and it’s an issue 

the plot thickens 

So Dusty is lying again when he said his weight isn't an issue

• Hook 'Em 1

I went out drinking and having fun last night, and didn't get to watch the game.I did check the score a few times and giggled whenever I saw another homer. What an awesome exclamation point to end a series by demolishing their shiny new pitcher and cutting out their hearts on their home field! I'll make some celebratory gifs later tonight when I get home. 

They just need to do the same against the Mariners in a few weeks and seal the deal! Let's Stros! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Caught this little blurb on 790, chandler isn’t making stuff up. Someone in the Astros org told him that chas was too big and it’s an issue 

the plot thickens 

It’s an imaginary issue. It’s just an excuse for whatever his real reason is for not playing him. If it weren’t the extra 4 lbs, he’d make up something else to try to justify it.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the plot thickens 

It’s an imaginary issue. It’s just an excuse for whatever his real reason is for not playing him. If it weren’t the extra 4 lbs, he’d make up something else to try to justify it.

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Dusty not playing Chas as often as he should is not imaginary 

Obviously. The justification for it is though. That’s the point. He doesn’t want to play him for who know why and then makes up his reasons on the fly. It’s why he’s all over the place in that article-there are no valid reasons. It’s unjustifiable.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Obviously. The justification for it is though. That’s the point. He doesn’t want to play him for who know why and then makes up his reasons on the fly. It’s why he’s all over the place in that article-there are no valid reasons. It’s unjustifiable.

Chaz probably insulted high fives or toothpicks.  Will not stand! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

this is why we need a surly poster working in the org

I got close, had a in person interview in the IT department. The guy that interviewed me created the database the org was using for all their analytics. Of course, a week after my in-person interview, it was hacked by the Cardinals front office guy. I sent a follow up thank you email for the interview and it bounced.

• Haha 1

if pena stays hot i don't really give a shit if he bats 2, but he's not our best option there.  if you drop him to 9th does he start sucking?  either way our lineup is stretched out when the right guys are in it and pena/abreu are doing what they're supposed to do.  that lineup is ridiculous but still probably can't hit at home.

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

Yep.  Dusty made up his mind how he was gonna play it, then his last-choice guy played really well and made him look stupid, so now Dusty needs a reason that isn't stats or performance.

Dusty would've benched prime Babe Ruth and David Ortiz, too.

Sure.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

This is all giving me flashbacks to Mack not starting Benson until after ou manhandled our offense…..and now I need therapy again. 

meh, coach Mack won a shit load of games and made it look easy

guess what, it wasn’t easy and no one has come close to replicating his success here 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Give me your ideal playoff lineups. 

4 Altuve

DH Alvarez

9 Tucker

5 Bregman

8 McCormick

2 Diaz

7 Brantley

3 Abreu

6 Peña

Something like that...keep leadoff and 8th and 9th and flip the others around if you want

• Hook 'Em 4