2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

25 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Snell throws 103 pitches in 6 innings...has some kind of 3-ball count again and again...and escapes with just 3 walks and 2 runs. We not only don't make him pay for being under 60 percent on strikes, we fan 8 times. He's really good, but you have to punish an ace when he's having control trouble. 

Then again, it's sort of moot if your own staff is getting curbstomped.

Umm. This is snell’s season in a nutshell.

Take a look at who the NL leader is in walks and ERA

But yeah, frustrating the offense we just saw in Arlington couldn’t crack that nut

Edited by UTexasFight
Sorry just re-read the post about only drawing 3 walks. Yeah. Annoying. Diaz swung at 2 ball 4’s when we still had a chance to get back in this before his hard lineout to short. But who knows if Maldy would have hit next if he had walked

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Umm. This is snell’s season in a nutshell.

Take a look at who the NL leader is in walks and ERA

But yeah, frustrating the offense we just saw in Arlington couldn’t crack that nut

Snell's stuff of course has always been elite. We showed good patience, but when he did throw it over the plate we couldn't hit it. Add a little bad luck, such as on the Diaz liner, and that's all she wrote. Hopefully tomorrow ends better. 

8 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Baseball players are pussies. 25 years old and pitches once a week, rarely if ever touches 100 pitches and fatigued? Give me a fucking break. Man the fuck up. 

I'm sure some of y'all already saw this. That team is soft and this dumbass saying that publicly is an indictment of their manager and the leaders in the clubhouse. 

• Haha 1

I’m watching Mets v Twins and Cohen / Darling we’re talking about the George Kirby comments.  Correa was at bat and they added he said he disagreed with Kirby and if he was at least 50% he would always play.  That’s not how I remember his days in Houston at all.  Dude was always hurt and seemed to take days off at a very high rate.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m watching Mets v Twins and Cohen / Darling we’re talking about the George Kirby comments.  Correa was at bat and they added he said he disagreed with Kirby and if he was at least 50% he would always play.  That’s not how I remember his days in Houston at all.  Dude was always hurt and seemed to take days off at a very high rate.

You’re not wrong and that was my issue with him too-  yeah you’re great, elite even; but not if you aren’t on the field. 

That being said, he has 2 forever passes with me and I cannot hate him: 1) being the face of the Astros during the bullshit and 2) Joe Kelly bomb

2 hours ago, slorch said:

You’re not wrong and that was my issue with him too-  yeah you’re great, elite even; but not if you aren’t on the field. 

That being said, he has 2 forever passes with me and I cannot hate him: 1) being the face of the Astros during the bullshit and 2) Joe Kelly bomb

He’s good in my book as well.  I just found it funny how his past injury history is now being swept under the rug.