2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

24 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Even without the redsox and Yankees in the playoffs the Astros still get the weekday afternoon game 😡 

Fine with me, honestly. Baseball instead of work. Those damn October afternoon colds, ya know. Every year 😉 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Halohal said:

Any hint as to Dusty's lineup.

Hopefully it'll be Dana Brown's lineup the rest of the season.

But, assuming we rollout JV for Game 1, you pretty much already know the lineup.

I saw somewhere that all of the Twins likely starters are RHP, so, we should get as much Uncle Mike as his shoulder will allow. 

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hopefully it'll be Dana Brown's lineup the rest of the season.

But, assuming we rollout JV for Game 1, you pretty much already know the lineup.

I saw somewhere that all of the Twins likely starters are RHP, so, we should get as much Uncle Mike as his shoulder will allow. 

Dana already on record saying that it’s all about Dusty on the lineup so, yeah, same asshat buffoonery as all year long. 

• Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dana already on record saying that it’s all about Dusty on the lineup so, yeah, same asshat buffoonery as all year long. 

Yeah, I've seen quotes to that effect multiple times this season. I suppose I'm just hoping that the rumors last season that the front office took over in the playoffs are true and something similar happens this year. 

57 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Can we find out what hotel Correa will be staying at and send him a free massage. 

Or given his injury history, he'd be an easy mark for Team Gillooly.

I mean, they wouldn't even have to really hurt him.

10 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Dan Gladden isn’t walking through that door

Steve Lombardozzi has joined the chat.  
What time is this game happening Saturday?  Are they waiting to see the results of the 5th mystery wild card series result played by moonlight Graham and Gil Hodges in Iowa?  

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yeah, I've seen quotes to that effect multiple times this season. I suppose I'm just hoping that the rumors last season that the front office took over in the playoffs are true and something similar happens this year. 

The manager makes the final line up. I don’t believe for a minute the Astros front office made the line ups last post season 

Didn’t see anything in this page 577 regarding game times.  Thread moves fast, so don’t look at previous pages much.  My deepest apologies.  I have a whitefish gift basket from Bert Blyleven I can offer you.  Also a smoked ham from Kent Hrbek

Yep this window hopefully is open another year or two but this is once in a lifetime stuff and I have enjoyed it. I will say getting the second title last year has relaxed me going into the playoffs. Last year I was tense every game because I wanted that second title to shove up the asses of the “you only won because you cheated” crowd but we got it and they still say it so fuck em. I’m not as confident we can win it all this year but I’ll definitely enjoy the ride way more than last year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Interesting

Yep

2015: Royals 2-3

2017: Red Sox 3-1

2018: Indians 3-0

2019: Rays 3-2

2020: A’s 3-1

2021: White Sox 3-1

2022: Mariners 3-0

2023: Twins TBD

Total: 20−8

It’s like we own the AL

FIFY

Just 6 more to go.... Baltimore, Toronto, New York, Detroit, Texas, & Los Angeles

Edited by Pimphand

30 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i can't find the tweet, but this is our 8th alds and they're against 8 different teams.

23 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Interesintg

Yep

2015: royals

2017: red sox

2018: indians

2019: rays

2020: A’s

2021: White Sox

2022: Mariners

2023: Twins

It’s like we own the AL

There's only 6 more teams to go...

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

FIFY

Just 6 more to go.... Baltimore, Toronto, New York, Detroit, Texas, & Los Angeles

Maybe if the current roster of the Yankees knew what the ALDS was...they could set it as a goal or something.  It helps to visualize goals and then build a plan to get there.  

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

the fact that we've never faced nyy in the division series makes me happy.

because that means they've won a series, had some hope, then faced us in the alcs 3x.

Shutting them out in the Bronx in the 2015 Wild Card was pretty satisfying too.

Verlander is their personal nemesis because his teams are 6-0 against the MFY in the playoffs.  3-0 with Houston and 3-0 with Detroit (4x ALCS, 2x ALDS)

Interesintg
Yep
2015: royals
2017: red sox
2018: indians
2019: rays
2020: A’s
2021: White Sox
2022: Mariners
2023: Twins

It’s like we own the AL

Been in attendance for at least one game every DS except 2015, 2020 obviously and pulling a bow out this season.

I have been to a shit ton of playoffs games over the past 7 seasons and it has been glorious.
  • Hook 'Em 1

MFY Season Enders
2022 Astros
2021 Red Sox
2020 Rays
2019 Astros
2018 Red Sox
2017 Astros
2015 Astros
2012 Tigers
2011 Tigers
2010 Rangers
2007 Indians
2006 Tigers
2005 Angels
2004 Red Sox
2003 Marlins
2002 Angels
2001 Diamondbacks
1997 Indians
1995 Mariners
1981 Dodgers
1980 Royals
1976 Reds
1964 Cardinals
1963 Dodgers
1960 Pirates
1957 Braves
1955 Dodgers
1942 Cardinals
1926 Cardinals
1922 Giants
1921 Giants

So only the Astros have ended the MFY season 4 times and they did it in 8 seasons

Four teams have ended their season 3 times Cardinals, Dodgers, Tigers, & Red Sox

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

we Should have beat the royals, Correa killed us with that error 

We had a 97% chance of winning the game heading into the top of the 8th inning.

Harris & Sipp giving up 6 straight hits to start the 8th prior to the error had way more to do with us fucking up IMHO plus had Sipp not misdirected it who knows maybe Correa doesn't misplay it.

• Hook 'Em 1

i can't find the tweet, but this is our 8th alds and they're against 8 different teams.
And every year since 2015 that we've been in the playoffs, if we didn't win the AL pennant (2015 KC, 2018 Boston, 2020 TB), the team that beat us won it.

Quite simply, the road to the World Series goes through the juice box. Periodt.