2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Again, it needs to be said: this shit is crazy. 
Playoff baseball is literally basically a coinflip. To come out the 7 time LDS champs, only with 1 series even going 5 games, is utterly and completely absurd. 

Yeah, this.

especially only that 1 rays series going 5 is crazy 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Playoff baseball is literally basically a coinflip. To come out the 7 time LDS champs, only with 1 series even going 5 games, is utterly and completely absurd. 

How is this the same team that got swept by the Royals?

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Dusty was asked about urquidy - ‘Urquidy was great today, but Maldy ….’  Hahaha

triggered GIF

In 13 plate appearances maldonado was responsible for 12 outs created. 
the guy who’s a mental midget he’s responsible for got rocked and sucked. During the course of the year, his pitchers, who are all more accomplished had an era 1/2 a run higher. Yes- he is clearly the reason we are where we are. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

In 13 plate appearances maldonado was responsible for 12 outs created. 
the guy who’s a mental midget he’s responsible for got rocked and sucked. During the course of the year, his pitchers, who are all more accomplished had an era 1/2 a run higher. Yes- he is clearly the reason we are where we are. 

the catchers position has been a 0 at the plate so far 

Edited by tx 3 putt

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

starting to think it's not literally a coinflip.

37 minutes ago, The Dog said:

so who has homefield in the alcs?  i know we had the same regular season record, but is there some sort of tiebreaker we go to?  seems kind of important for...whomever has that.

• Haha 1

Just now, henrygandorf said:

so who has homefield in the alcs?  i know we had the same regular season record, but is there some sort of tiebreaker we go to?  seems kind of important for...whomever has that.

I mean-  have the astros are the one team to ever unlock the secret?  The diamondbacks just swept the dodgers, the Phillies should have swept the Braves. Southern Oklahoma just laid waste to 2 teams that combined for 200 wins this season after gagging away the division. I think it’s a coinflip. Astros results say different. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

The 2 seed hosts the 5 seed.

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

It’s a tongue in cheek shot at us having more fans in the Rangers’ ballpark when we’ve played there. 

• Hook 'Em 1