2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Framber Valdez has a left calf injury. Jeremy Peña has a right hamstring injury. Dusty Baker said they’re optimistic both are cramps.

Framber Valdez said he felt something pull in his left calf during his final pitch of the game. He doesn’t know whether it was fatigue, dehydration or something else.

Edited by tx 3 putt

2 hours ago, Scraps said:
3 hours ago, rvm96 said:
I missed the last couple of innings. Why was Kessinger in at shortstop?

Cause your boy pressly sucked cock

I thought it was because Framber didn't get a no hitter like you said he would.

7 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Doesn’t feel like we be winning this game. 

You know, every so often there's a game like this. Depending on your perspective, it goes down as either a historic rally or a historic collapse. I really prefer being on the former side.

Are there enough leaders and able bodies in the clubhouse to pull this thing together? It no longer feels like just a little rough patch we're going through. I doubt we become sellers, but that's mainly because I don't think we're just a player or two away...and we don't have that many pieces to offer. 

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

If it was, it was changed.

Major league leading 7th on the season now for Maldy

4944193D-C7A7-418D-A294-E94A5E64102C.jpeg

That's the biggest horseshit ever.  He has at least 15 this year.  And another 20 he just hasn't caught that hit him right in the glove that luckily just didn't allow a runner to move up so no reason to score them

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

You know, every so often there's a game like this. Depending on your perspective, it goes down as either a historic rally or a historic collapse. I really prefer being on the former side.

Are there enough leaders and able bodies in the clubhouse to pull this thing together? It no longer feels like just a little rough patch we're going through. I doubt we become sellers, but that's mainly because I don't think we're just a player or two away...and we don't have that many pieces to offer. 

I was going to say this last night in the middle of my drunken rage but it is pretty true that if we were to become sellers who in our everyday lineup would anyone want besides Tucker? Dubon??? Speaking of as it’s been constructed most of the year without Yordan and Altuve. We are lucky to even be able to see first place and it’s been pitching that’s kept us in it and if that goes to hell we may as well start planning those fall bbqs around college and preseason football. Obviously Yordan is a huge presence and changes the lineup but overall the position players and especially the bench just aren’t all that good this year. And now the bullpen is going to shit. If this thing does get turned around and result in a long playoff run it will have been one hell of a rollercoaster ride. 

27 minutes ago, WBT said:

Y'all don't think we'll be sellers while currently sitting in playoff position?  Any more room out on that limb?

And the next 6 games after today are at COL and OAK. They aren’t selling.

I don’t think they should be big buyers either, given that we have no idea when/if the 3 best players on the team are going to be healthy - and if they aren’t, nobody they can acquire is going to make any meaningful difference anyway.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

we're lucky we don't have two of the latter because this game was emotionally as shitastic as that eight-run lead against Rangers game we blew but rescued with two runs in the ninth. last night was the same fucking game with a worse result.

• Like 1

I wasn’t saying we are sellers or should be sellers. I was saying that if you look at it from that standpoint we don’t have a lot of individual pieces in our everyday lineup that others would likely pay a premium for at the deadline to put them over the top. In that regard it’s a credit to them that we are in playoff position without a whole lot from Altuve or, lately, Yordan. 

13 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I wasn’t saying we are sellers or should be sellers. I was saying that if you look at it from that standpoint we don’t have a lot of individual pieces in our everyday lineup that others would likely pay a premium for at the deadline to put them over the top. In that regard it’s a credit to them that we are in playoff position without a whole lot from Altuve or, lately, Yordan. 

Smart teams would be willing to give up good assets for Chas and Diaz (and obviously Tucker).

I know I’m a broken record, but Chas has been 30% better than league average offensively as a good defensive CF, with years of team control. He’s at 1.7 fWAR in 53 games, meaning he’s playing at the level of a 5-win player (all star).

Diaz is a catcher who hits the ball really hard. It isn’t difficult to see him as one of the 4-5 best offensive catchers in MLB. He’s also the best defensive catcher on the club. He’s a rookie.

Both of those guys should get you really big haul. The Astros shouldn’t move them. Rather, they should move the manager who doesn’t understand their value.

(I know you’re not saying we should move anyone necessarily; just saying that we have some valuable trade chips if we wanted to, like these guys, Tucker, Pena, etc. Obviously the best idea is to keep those guys for now.)

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3