2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Victor Lazlo said:

No, you rube. You don’t get it.

The cost of a whole draft class of 20 players for a team this year maxed out at $16 million.

But genius owners have figured out that you can pay $50+ million for an AA and an A player.

How do you think they made enough money to became owners? By making many deals like that.

Duh

It will take like 8 War for them to come out ahead on those purchases of prospects. How much would you like to wager that they go way north of 8 war for those 3 guys combined?  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros-Marlins probables:

Mon: Framber Valdez vs. Braxton Garrett
Tues: Cristian Javier vs. Johnny Cueto
Wed: Justin Verlander vs. Jesús Luzardo

They’re skipping Brown’s next start like they did with JP. He’ll be available for long relief, if needed, in the first part of his break.  I like the strategy. Giving a pitcher almost 2 weeks off is probably more recuperative than 1 extra day between starts. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

They’re skipping Brown’s next start like they did with JP. He’ll be available for long relief, if needed, in the first part of his break.  I like the strategy. Giving a pitcher almost 2 weeks off is probably more recuperative than 1 extra day between starts. 

I like it too

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

it usually doesn’t work. That’s not how you assemble a roster.

Use some of that money on scouting and office staff support. Plus, don’t you lose draft picks for going over budget ? 

Someday the Yankees might learn that you can no longer buy championships in baseball. You need to draft and develop and then supplement with a few FA acquisitions. The New York teams have this formula in reverse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Someday the Yankees might learn that you can no longer buy championships in baseball. You need to draft and develop and then supplement with a few FA acquisitions. The New York teams have this formula in reverse.

they should hire click or lunhow, both are  HUGE upgrade over cashman 

1 hour ago, Mez2 said:

Grae kessinger sounds like someone from highland park with a Lululemon credit card 

This post needs more love. Now do Chas McCormick  

Scattershooting, what is it about “King Tuck” that motivates fans to wear crowns and not Egyptian headpieces?

When was the last time one MLB team beat another team three times in a row by the same score?

Whatever became of that shittastic hunk of “art” that rose behind the outfield fence during the inaugural season of Miami’s ballpark?

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Urquidy giving up runs and over 50 pitches, and still not thru 3 innings. Gonna need the pen today. 

He’s pitching really well right now. Strike 1 on everyone and the run was on an ugly Ass bloop that was just buzzards luck. Like what I’m seeing here. Bet he gives us 5 here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

I’ll be so glad when that fat fuck is gone next year. 

Feel like he’s coming back. And Dusty. 

if Dusty wasn’t a fucking moron I’d like to think losing every time he trots out a shit ass line up would be good aversion therapy. But he can’t learn no matter how many times he touched the fire. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn