2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

More German details emerge. Apparently he showed up to the stadium drunk on Tuesday, tried fighting a teammate in the clubhouse, then flipped a couch and smashed a TV

https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/domingo-german-was-belligerent-in-clubhouse-before-alcohol-treatment/amp/

That the Yankees ever let him back onto the roster was embarrassing. Completely sever ties with this guy and move on.

This stuff with Rizzo, and his not properly diagnosed concussion, should have any medical personnel employed by the Yanks fired if they were part of saying it was a neck injury. I mean I found it odd what a slump he was in, but to see it was because he was playing baseball for two months with a foggy brain that had reaction times slower than an average non-athlete is somewhat infuriating. By all accounts he’s a great guy and I hope he will just sit out for the rest of the season and get his mind right. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Crossed dodger stadium off the list last week (never post about a place while you’re actually there). I liked it a lot, no idea why their fans get so much shit. I felt right at home. Traffic leaving was a bitch though.

IMG_3476.thumb.jpeg.1cc0a025c1082794e3da770ec76e25d7.jpeg

I agree. I thought Dodger Stadium was badass. Had no issues with their fans. Tommy Lasorda was in the house the night we went a few years back.

IMG_0306.jpeg

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah but only been an MLB stadium for 25 so that's my pick. If it's truly when the stadium opened and also is currently an MLB park then it's definitely new Yankee Stadium. What a joke that place is. 

But seriously I'd agree with your candidate. 

If you think yankee stadium is the worst ballpark you clearly didn’t try the chicken bucket while you were there. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

From Buster Olney - Runs since All Star break:

Cubs 145

Next Atl / SD 102

Atlanta closing the gap today with an 8-0 win.  Tucker Barnhart pitched the 9th.  While I still think ppp is stupid, I did chuckle at him backpedaling slow pitch softball style upon the release of his 38 mph eephuses.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Crossed dodger stadium off the list last week (never post about a place while you’re actually there). I liked it a lot, no idea why their fans get so much shit. I felt right at home. Traffic leaving was a bitch though.

IMG_3476.thumb.jpeg.1cc0a025c1082794e3da770ec76e25d7.jpeg

Nice work!

These Padre uniforms are so gawd awful

Having recently been to American Family Field (Miller park), why do you all have it so low? Is it because it’s built all by its lonesome with nothing happening around the park? We enjoyed beautiful weather and enjoyed our seats behind the 3rd base bag. I’m 13 parks in and the ones I have enjoyed the least so far are Loan Depot in Miami and Globe life in Arlington.

• Hook 'Em 1

I was talking about the Globe Life that opened in 94.  Not only is it the only(?) stadium to open in the last 30 years to be replaced, its most famous occupant is now Bob Stoops.

I'm not a big fan of the new one either but that has more to do with how the Horns have played there.

Edited by WBT

7 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Having recently been to American Family Field (Miller park), why do you all have it so low? Is it because it’s built all by its lonesome with nothing happening around the park? We enjoyed beautiful weather and enjoyed our seats behind the 3rd base bag. I’m 13 parks in and the ones I have enjoyed the least so far are Loan Depot in Miami and Globe life in Arlington.

Are these two pretty similar?

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

What exactly is wrong with Globe Life, other than the name and exterior?  Saw the A's there last season and thought it was a good looking park interior wise.  

I have sat it two different places and it’s nice enough on the inside and okay sight lines from where I sat it just feels like a big hangar though. Not a huge fan of the lack of a feed of the game at concession stands (tv or radio) so you can keep up when the wife and kids want something.

18 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

It just seems waaay older than 22 years.

very bare bones/ built on the cheap vibe. Even club level which seems like it was 30 years out of date even though the stadium isn’t that old.

Maybe it’s fine on its own, but it was right in the middle of the last big new ballpark spree and it’s the worst of the bunch.  The only competition are the book-ends on the list below. Chase Field was also really underwhelming (holy upper deck space, batman)

Chase Field: 1998

T-Mobile: 1999

Minute Maid: 2000

Comerica: 2000

Oracle Park: 2000

American Family: 2001

PNC: 2001

Great American: 2003

Petco: 2004

Citizens Bank: 2004

Edited by UTexasFight

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

that didn’t seem like ‘lingering’ 

I agree, it looked more like Tim was surprised that he went through his legs like that and was stunned for the moment. Unless he said something to instigate it, I think that's all on Jose.  Not like it really matters, it doesn't look like either team will make the playoffs at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The man is a cunt ….

Any and every player wearing those pansy ass uniforms needs to be dropped on every pitch. 

But before that the marketing person on the Padres staff who said "Yeah, this is good" should be put on the ground first.

Edited by Wally Pryor