2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

MLB is suppressing baseball telecasts.

Friend in New Mexico who is very casual Braves fan shoots a screenshot to me this morning: On what planet are these teams local for me? D-Backs, Rockies, Rangers, & Astros.

I just asked him, "You mean to tell me you weren't considering travelling to  attend one of their games this morning? I mean, it's only a 11 hour drive to MMP..."

I assume Eastern NM?  I spend a lot of time in NM, but I haven't seen the Rangers and Astros blacked out where I've been.  I have read that there are places in Iowa and Nevada where 5-6 teams are blacked out all season.  

What MLB needs to do is rewrite the rule to where only one market may be blacked out in any other market.   So the Rangers, Astros, DBacks, and Rockies would then have to get together and decide who "owns" each market in New Mexico.  

2 hours ago, slorch said:

MLB is suppressing baseball telecasts.

Friend in New Mexico who is very casual Braves fan shoots a screenshot to me this morning: On what planet are these teams local for me? D-Backs, Rockies, Rangers, & Astros.

I just asked him, "You mean to tell me you weren't considering travelling to  attend one of their games this morning? I mean, it's only a 11 hour drive to MMP..."

They're not trying to drive attendance, they're trying to drive subscriptions to carriers they pay a lot of money for exclusive rights.  How many times are you going to bitch about them trying to maximize the money they make for their tv rights?

11 minutes ago, WBT said:

They're not trying to drive attendance, they're trying to drive subscriptions to carriers they pay a lot of money for exclusive rights.  How many times are you going to bitch about them trying to maximize the money they make for their tv rights?

They aren't maximizing their money.  They are fucking over fans/ blocking access. Chasing a dime while ignoring 3 nickels.

I'll bitch about it every day if I so desire.  Their business model in this regard is stupid.  I want to pay MLB for their product, but cannot watch my team.  Other people are notciing as well.

Edited by slorch

21 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

@Helobious What’s the point of starting a dedicated Yankee thread if you’re going to post your every Yankee thought here? 

You’re one to talk. And I don’t post every thought in here.

Still waiting on my props for nailing the UConn title pick btw. Guess I don’t get “every prediction wrong” like people say.

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You’re one to talk. And I don’t post every thought in here.

Still waiting on my props for nailing the UConn title pick btw. Guess I don’t get “every prediction wrong” like people say.

I haven’t mentioned the Astros one time in this thread outside of setting up our bet. As for giving you props, what more do you fucking want? For me  to declare you the next Billy Walters, because you hit 1 out a gazillion predictions ?

On 3/26/2023 at 12:41 AM, TonyTexas said:

Ok. Good call on the final 4 but my point about your premature celebration remains valid. Damn sure hope you’re wrong about winning the whole thing. 🤘not 🐈

Edited by TonyTexas