2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The Win Probability for the Astros when Altuve stepped into the box was 28%.

The Win Probability for the Rangers when Adolis stepped into the box was 98%.

I'll take your word for it.

The Rangers were still (somehow, miraculously because Dusty Baker is an idiot) ahead after the 8th inning and Adolis was up with the bases loaded. That's definitely a different situation than Altuve being up while being at the time behind.

Taking aside Gourmand's point that this game was obviosly over before Adolis' Grand Slam (it definitely wasn't), it is lazy and boring to criticize Adolis for putting the game out of reach and essentially winning it, with a home run after going 0-4. That's the epitome of sour grapes.

Edited by BeardIP

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The stadium was filled when Adolis swung and it was half empty by the time he reached home. He fucking broke the spirit of the fanbase and put the game out of reach. It mattered. Astros fans trying to convince themselves otherwise are crybaby pussies. 

Horseshit.  People leave the stadium when the game is over.  It was over.  No spirits were broken.  

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Horseshit.  People leave the stadium when the game is over.  It was over.  No spirits were broken.  

So you admit it wasn’t really over until he homered. It also prevented Leclerc from having to come on in the ninth to throw more pitches. 

It’d be way easier to respect you guys if you just accept that García dunked on your bitchasses and moved on. It’s ok. He got his yesterday but it means nothing for the game tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The stadium was filled when Adolis swung and it was half empty by the time he reached home. He fucking broke the spirit of the fanbase and put the game out of reach. It mattered. Astros fans trying to convince themselves otherwise are crybaby pussies. 

Broke the spirit of the fanbase ??? 

What a fucking joke.  I watched Pujols crush one over the train track to beat Lidge in game 6 of the NLDS and the Astros won the next game to clinch and go to the WS.  Yeah, right.  Our spirit is broken.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

So you admit it wasn’t really over until he homered. It also prevented Leclerc from having to come on in the ninth to throw more pitches. 

It’d be way easier to respect you guys if you just accept that García dunked on your bitchasses and moved on. It’s ok. He got his yesterday but it means nothing for the game tonight.

Will definitely give it up for Garcia in that moment.  That was fucking clutch on his part.  But it was over before he hit it.

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

The fire had already smoldered out when Stanek plunked Seager.  Garcia pissed on the ashes.  I'm sure it was a lot of fun for Ranger fans and anti-Astros folks, but it was hardly heartbreaking or a spirit-killer for Astro fans. 

Most Astro post in the history of the internet. 

You could’ve written “NLCS” and still been half wrong btw. 

yeah, typing is not my highest and best use.  I was there so I know it was the NLCS.  my bad on that.

Edited by smwhorn

Adolis hit a grand slam in a game that was already decided (or, at least 98% decided) against our 7th best reliever.  He also struck out 4 times when the game was very much still a coin flip. 

Some of us understand what clutch means and some of us call it clutch when one of the UT white boy walk-ons hits a 3-pointer to extend the lead to 30 in the final seconds.  

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Adolis hit a grand slam in a game that was already decided (or, at least 98% decided) against our 7th best reliever.  He also struck out 4 times when the game was very much still a coin flip. 

Some of us understand what clutch means and some of us call it clutch when one of the UT white boy walk-ons hits a 3-pointer to extend the lead to 30 in the final seconds.  

IMG_3815.gif.29b0c566c64340548f9b3bf449babdc3.gif

• Haha 3

lol at the grand slam not mattering.  Guy took out his horse cock and ejaculated all over the city of Houston.  Given it didn't matter I guess the boos won't be more robust tonight

Stros have lost something like 20 out of their last 30 at home and Dusty has never won a game 7.  Can't wait

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

Broke the spirit of the fanbase ??? 

What a fucking joke.  I watched Pujols crush one over the train track to beat Lidge in game 6 of the NLDS and the Astros won the next game to clinch and go to the WS.  Yeah, right.  Our spirit is broken.

Now do the Jeff Kent one where you walked off GM5 and then lost the next two. 

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So Garcia iced the game. He did the baseball version of getting the final first down to kneel out the rest of the clock, which was why the Astros looked pathetic in the bottom of the 9th?

That's a fine interpretation I guess.

What I think is beyond silly is the reaction of "This is the DUMBEST comment on 28 pages!!!" when in reality, he was 0 for 4 and then iced the game. If the game was tied or we were behind and the win probabilities were different, you must think that Adolis doesn't hit a homerun? I guess you think he's anti-clutch because he had a bad game until his final at bat? Adolis has never delivered in clutch situations before, I guess?

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

You guys way overestimate how much a manager matters at the mlb level. I’ve seen some analytics that the range of impact between the best manager and the worst is roughly +2 to -2 wins over the course of a season. Dusty is fine. He won a fucking World Series already. 

You do not need to convince me you do not understand the sport of baseball.  I have gotten the memo loud and fucking clear over the past 3 seasons the horse is dead.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dusty has been to an ALCS in season 1. A World Series appearance season 2. World Series win season 3. One win away from another World Series game 4, which would be 3 in a row. Oh the horror! That must be so tough to endure. My condolences to Astros fans having to witness this.

Thanks, that's very kind of you. 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dusty has been to an ALCS in season 1. A World Series appearance season 2. World Series win season 3. One win away from another World Series game 4, which would be 3 in a row. Oh the horror! That must be so tough to endure. My condolences to Astros fans having to witness this.

The idea being, with the executive leadership, money, roster, and raw talent, a ham sandwich could have done all that in Dusty's stead. When they have a B-rated team, like this year, who has to actually work angles and be smart to win instead of relying on a great lineup and brute force great pitching, they are found wanting.

The direct comparison is with the Rangers who have a B-rated team with some holes and you have Bochy who has been able to work with this dumpster fire of bullpen, middle relief and late innings/closer, to get to a game 7 of an ALCS when in reality and on paper at least, this team has no business in a World Series.

Edited by BeardIP

50 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Damnit, that was pretty good.

That guy is spot on.  Which makes me wonder what was the point of the post since said comedian flat out says he's not calling the Astros cheaters.

Oh well, glad to see Beard came out of hiding.  Good sign that the Astros can bounce back tonight.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That guy is spot on.  Which makes me wonder what was the point of the post since said comedian flat out says he's not calling the Astros cheaters.

Oh well, glad to see Beard came out of hiding.  Good sign that the Astros can bounce back tonight.

Thought I'd be gracious. This has been a great series. I hope you aren't too sorrowful this evening after your loss, but like rockethorn has been saying-- you guys are a bit numb and muted this year from all the winning that losing won't sting like it once did.

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

The idea being, with the executive leadership, money, roster, and raw talent, a ham sandwich could have done all that in Dusty's stead. When they have a B-rated team, like this year, who has to actually work angles and be smart to win instead of relying on a great lineup and brute force great pitching, they are found wanting.

Let's break this down shall we:

• executive leadership - went basically the entire offseason without a GM
  • money - Rangers payroll is $277MM, Astros is $242MM
  • raw talent - Rangers brag about their six all-stars, Astros had three

Yet we wound up with same record and won the tie-break for yet another division title.  That little B-rated team did ok... if this is "wanting" then it could be a lot worse I guess.

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Least it was filled for 99% of the game unlike a certain stadium during the ALCS last year, man where could that have been I can't remember....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Least it was filled for 99% of the game unlike a certain stadium during the ALCS last year, man where could that have been I can't remember....

Lmao. That weather delayed game that was 50/50 on even being played? Shocked some people didn’t stay. 

Houston people really have no critical thinking skills. None.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lmao. That weather delayed game that was 50/50 on even being played? Shocked some people didn’t stay. 

84 minutes == 50/50 even being played in the Helo RGV fantasy world hahaha.

MF'er I sat in Old Yankee Stadium for 3+ hours in 2008 for the last time I would ever go there before shitbox steinbrenner called it and that was a regular season game because y'all were already eliminated from the playoffs.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Well then get a roof, poverty franchise. Went to a rain delayed and eventually canceled BOS v NYY game at Fenway this past September and there were more people waited that out that meaningless game than game 4 of the ALCS in the Bronx.

Also are you really logging into your sock account immediately to pos rep all of your posts??

Screenshot2023-10-23at4_27_25PM.thumb.png.6b3c64b4191453ab286ecedb09a36ced.png

200.gif

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I have no socks. It might be shocking to you but a lot of smart people hate the fucking Astros.

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone who buys “gold” chains from Amazon doesn’t have any socks.  Or if you bought calf high socks and wore them with Under Armour slip ons either.  

• Haha 2

No one said anything about the game being over. The Astros can take the lead on one swing. I was just pointing out how monumentally stupid your logic was. 

Yes, his HR yesterday took the Astros chances from minute to miniscule.    What a huge moment.