2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

Astros fans in the victorious Ranger's hate thread the day after their team got demolished again ... at home ... again on the big stage.

Pretending like they're zen as fuck and "lmao"-ing it.

I'd recommend a personal day. Maybe sit out the next couple plays.

See y'all April 5th.

Until then, scoreboard bitches.

But hey - great job in that September series. Just huge.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

Astros are probably done. They still got talent in the Midge, the LSU jackass and the “second place Cuban” in that series (seriously though that guy is fucking incredible). Get to the playoffs and those guys have the experience, drive and leadership to will things forward.

But over 162 games, they’re old, and their focus drifts and they don’t have a ton of great or up and coming parts around them. So while still dangerous if they get to the playoffs the Astros as time does its thing are facing the reality they just won’t be able to do it anymore.

Enjoy that reality this morning Houston fans.

Good morning to ya

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Adolis came up clutch as hell in Game 7.  Dude is a superstar.

The 50 game PED suspension is gonna be such a shame.

Sour grapes are soooo very sour this morning.

But yea remember when you and Gourmand said Adolis wasn’t clutch? Lol nobody will remember Altuve heroics in game 5. Everybody will remember Garcia being Houston’s daddy with 20+ rbi and 5 home runs (one being a grand slam) in 4 games.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Sour grapes are soooo very sour this morning.

But yea remember when you and Gourmand said Adolis wasn’t clutch? Lol nobody will remember Altuve heroics in game 5. Everybody will remember Garcia being Houston’s daddy with 20+ rbi and 5 home runs (one being a grand slam) in 4 games.

Better win 4 more or nobody is remembering shit.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Better win 4 more or nobody is remembering shit.

The one thing that is for sure, Adolis Garcia will live rent free all winter in Houston’s head and come April 5th he will take the Astros’ ace’s best 89 mph fast ball off his bicep and probably crack the ball and laugh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

I have no idea who that is but if someone can confirm he is a politician I will retroactively neg this post. 

Dude, that's Sonny Davis in the movie "Bernie."  He was an Austin musician IRL back in the 70's and 80's.  Helluva nice guy.  Way too nice and way too natural a Texan to be a politician in our state.  You and DennisTaylor on here may dislike politics on the sports boards but you'd both better know this guy as the angry customer in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" who wants his money back for breakfast before being threatened with profanity and violence.  He's a Lone Star Treasure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Astros fans in the victorious Ranger's hate thread the day after their team got demolished again ... at home ... again on the big stage.

Pretending like they're zen as fuck and "lmao"-ing it.

I'd recommend a personal day. Maybe sit out the next couple plays.

See y'all April 5th.

Until then, scoreboard bitches.

But hey - great job in that September series. Just huge.

We're all disappointed, but this one doesn't sting like '19.  At all.  Rangers are a better team than Washington was, plus we've enjoyed another championship in the interim.  It appears our biggest anchor has been cut loose, and next year still looks like a solid team.  Enjoy the win, but don't imagine for a minute that we are crying in our cheerios this morning.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Don’t hear Adolis interviewed much and was shocked to hear his accent and how well he replied to his MVP question without an interpreter..

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8kHTTuW/

He worked all offseason on his English.  Did his first full English interview earlier this season with Emily Jones.  His interpreter was there with him, and he put up the arm and said I got this and just went with it with Emily.  She was jawdropped and gave him a big hug afterward and nearly had tears about "how proud she was of him and how good his English was"  Was a pretty cool moment.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

We're all disappointed, but this one doesn't sting like '19.  At all.  Rangers are a better team than Washington was, plus we've enjoyed another championship in the interim.  It appears our biggest anchor has been cut loose, and next year still looks like a solid team.  Enjoy the win, but don't imagine for a minute that we are crying in our cheerios this morning.  

Good post.  But it seems like most of your comrades are crying in their Cheerios.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

He worked all offseason on his English.  Did his first full English interview earlier this season with Emily Jones.  His interpreter was there with him, and he put up the arm and said I got this and just went with it with Emily.  She was jawdropped and gave him a big hug afterward and nearly had tears about "how proud she was of him and how good his English was"  Was a pretty cool moment.  

Kind of off topic, but when ya'll gonna put Emily out to pasture and upgrade.  She was attractive in the Raycom days, but that was a long time ago.

• Haha 2

Dude, that's Sonny Davis in the movie "Bernie."  He was an Austin musician IRL back in the 70's and 80's.  Helluva nice guy.  Way too nice and way too natural a Texan to be a politician in our state.  You and DennisTaylor on here may dislike politics on the sports boards but you'd both better know this guy as the angry customer in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" who wants his money back for breakfast before being threatened with profanity and violence.  He's a Lone Star Treasure.

Holy shit…no I didn’t recognize him as the angry customer. I also had no idea he was a musician IRL. Thanks.

And I’ve never seen “Bernie”.

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

That's actually a cool story, brah. But you should watch the clip despite it being tiktok...

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Cool story but watch the clip.

15 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Reaction Eye Roll GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CowtownHorn said:

Reaction Eye Roll GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
jennifer lawrence ok GIF

This is how aggy deflects when UT would whip on them. Talk themselves into how it isn't that bad and no way are they that upset. They talked shit about Texas for years and when they blew a 3-2 lead at home, they act like it's just any other series and no biggie. First matchup ever between Texas and Houston in the playoffs and it went 7 and they got their shit pushed in 2 games in a row in front of their home crowd. I don't care what they did the past years or how many rings they have, they just lost to Texas in the ALCS with the World Series on the line. And then you have some say this only matters depending on how the World Series goes lmao, another aggy tactic. Gotta root for UT's opponent to take care of business. Get fucked Houston.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Unrelated- those city connect uniforms are an atrocity.

Also, who the fuck is Taylor Hamm?

I dunno, I think little kids would like it.  But it's a weird look on a man that old.  What did the guy in that clip yell at Mack to make him so irate?  

And Taylor Hamm is Jon Hamm's incredibly less attractive and woefully less successful younger brother.  When Jon left Texas for Hollywood, Taylor stayed behind in Houston to marry an East Texas Boxed Face fluffy and sell computers.  

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Hate said:

Look, I’m neutral in this series but it will be remembered…you still remember 49-0, don’t you?

37 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

The one thing that is for sure, Adolis Garcia will live rent free all winter in Houston’s head and come April 5th he will take the Astros’ ace’s best 89 mph fast ball off his bicep and probably crack the ball and laugh.

37 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Lol.

You'll clearly remember it.

27 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

well, i'm pretty sure you will be.

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Y'all are so fucking funny after all of the crowing about making 7 straight ALCSs now it's "yeah but pennants don't matter unless you win it all".

You're 4/7 getting to the WS now and 2/4 after getting there with everyone hating you for one of those titles and doing everything they can to diminish it.

So apparently 5 of those seasons - including this one - as part of that streak were nothing to celebrate or laud over anyone else because you failed to actually win the WS. 

Not one Rangers fan will consider this season a failure if we don't win the WS. We'll just regroup and try and make another run. We have 3 pennants in 14 years now - we aren't some failure of a franchise that never puts good teams on the field. 

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah...

IMG_0324.jpeg

Whoa, hit the hornets nest with this one!

Yes, of course the fanbases of the two teams involved will remember this.  Helo's statement was that "Everyone will remember Adolis" and I was merely pointing out that MLB history is littered with LCS heroes that linger in the minds of the local team but are mere footnotes to the eventual champion.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I assume Mattess Mack had a promotion where you buy shit and if the Astros win the ws it’s free. So he probably kept 3 million or more worth of sales with the loss to offset the gambling loss. That’s how he works. 

Exactly.  His bets are hedges on his free stuff if they win promotions.  He can't lose.