Butthurt quite strong:

Lmao. 

DeGrom - didn't throw one fucking pitch this postseason 

Scherzer - threw 6 innings all series with a 9.45 ERA

Semien - .510 OPS for the series 

Seager - .568 OPS for the first 6 games of the series

Yeah we really had to buy that series.

• Haha 1

I don't watch pro sports much at all.  Jerrah and the Cowboys put me off the NFL, and, although I am a baseball fan, the length of the MLB season has always put me off a bit, as well as the long futility of the home-team Rangers.  The 40 or so games of the NCAA regular season, which I follow closely, are plenty enough for me.  Fuck a hunnert.

So, being a fair-weather fan, I started following the Rangers post-season and looking up players that I had vague and not-so-vague recollections of from NCAA baseball, e.g. Scherzer and Bregman, among others.  Vaguely happy for homeboy Chris Young, too.  And the owners are refreshingly low-profile compared to Jerrah and a lot of others.

And then of course noticed how most all of the players bounce all around the leagues in various commercial transactions like a round lot of securities.  Or pork bellies.  Or OJ concentrate.

And that underscores my fundamental problem with pro sports:  I need some hook or rooting interest beyond the corporate HQ and name being in my home town.  And most of the players being brought in like feedstock to a refinery: tank cars of basically fungible goo.

Shit, I kinda bemoan what college sports are turning into, but at least players incented by NIL or traveling through the portal consented and even actively chose to come to my Texas Longhorns and represent the university.

So, yeah, Rangers buying players. Big fucking deal.  All in the game, yo.  Also why I'm not really that fond of the game at the pro level.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Evan Carter.
Leody taveras.
Adolis Garcia.
Josh Jung.

Half of our lineup came up thru our system.

We traded for heim when he was still a prospect, yes?  Lowe was a platoon player in tampa. 

perez is homegrown, doesn’t matter if he left and came back. Leclerc is home grown. 

We traded for heim when he was still a prospect, yes?  Lowe was a platoon player in tampa. 

perez is homegrown, doesn’t matter if he left and came back. Leclerc is home grown. 

Jonah never played a minor league game in our system. Nate had been in the show for a while. I thought adolis spent some time in AAA but BR shows he didn't.

Yeah leclerc is a product of our system. Of the 7 guys in our bullpen though I think he's the only one. Oh Martin Perez of course.

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Jonah never played a minor league game in our system. Nate had been in the show for a while. I thought adolis spent some time in AAA but BR shows he didn't.

Yeah leclerc is a product of our system. Of the 7 guys in our bullpen though I think he's the only one. Oh Martin Perez of course.

Dunning we got in exchange for Lance Lynn a few years back.  

Adolis we got for cash considerations, waived him in spring training if I remember correctly, got claimed by no one, then ended up on the roster at the start of the season due to injuries and has been here ever since.  

The aggy accusations are a lot weaker than any lineup/ payroll shit talk.  It's all fucking stupid.

It's pro sports.  Go build your team and win.  Everyone else can shut the fuck up.

29 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

9th inning home run with the game out of reach already.  As clutch as it gets, or so I've been told.

3 runs is out of reach?

Uh, sure. But a couple nights earlier it wasn't, right?

Props to the Houston fans for being there despite it being "out of reach" ... that is until that grand slam. Then I guess they remembered they had somewhere better to be. Whole rows around us got up and walked out like a choreographed sequence. It was beautiful.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

9th inning home run with the game out of reach already.  As clutch as it gets, or so I've been told.

Wait - you're talking about the Adolis grand slam? 

I'd say up 3 runs with bases juiced and down 8 runs with nobody on are fairly different scenarios in the 9th inning.

Hey Houston fans: Adolis Garcia.

I know just hearing and/or reading his name gives you the horrors and goosebumps after what he put you through.

image.gif.71a4b0854cc1a6d3af1b27870261331d.gif

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Wait - you're talking about the Adolis grand slam? 

I'd say up 3 runs with bases juiced and down 8 runs with nobody on are fairly different scenarios in the 9th inning.

Chuckle is choking on sour grapes, don’t mind him.

• Hook 'Em 1

You'd think fans of a team that has made seven straight ALCS and won two WS would be less bitchy/whiny/excuse-makey. *This* is why the aggy tag gets casually thrown around with regard to the Astros. It doesn't help that Houston is overrun with those turds. (Dallas has Sooners. Houston has aggy. Sorry, but Dallas wins again.)

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Hate said:

You couldn’t be more wrong…holy shit, there is nothing worse than a sooner. Nothing.

aggy is worse than a Sooner.  The term 'aggy' just embodies everything you don't want to be associated with and at the very bottom of the totem pole. I view aggy and sooners in different categories of my dislike. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hate said:

You couldn’t be more wrong…holy shit, there is nothing worse than a sooner. Nothing.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Counterpoint:

cropped-aggypedia_favicon-1.jpg

I've found the vast majority of Sooners (actual OU grads) to be way more NORMAL and fun to hang out with than aggy. Probably has something to do with them actually having some skins on the wall and their fellow status as "Big Brother" in that state (as shitty as it might be).

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lmao. 

DeGrom - didn't throw one fucking pitch this postseason 

Scherzer - threw 6 innings all series with a 9.45 ERA

Semien - .510 OPS for the series 

Seager - .568 OPS for the first 6 games of the series

Yeah we really had to buy that series.

…and in the end the dude making $750K is the one who took over the series.

Sour fucking grapes….

Edited by Ignatius