Dallas Stars 2023 Playoffs Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Huh?

It’s 2-2-1-1-1. NBA Finals used to do 2-3-2 for the NBA Finals. I think that’s the only time I’ve ever seen a 7-game series that wasn’t 2-2-1-1-1.

Thanks. I could swear I've seen 2-2-2-1 before, because I remember I hated it, but I can't remember where.

17 minutes ago, wood said:

Thanks. I could swear I've seen 2-2-2-1 before, because I remember I hated it, but I can't remember where.

I can't imagine it ever happening because you would be giving lower seeded team the 7th game at home or the lower seed getting the first 2 games at home.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I can't imagine it ever happening because you would be giving lower seeded team the 7th game at home or the lower seed getting the first 2 games at home.

Yeah that's why I hated it. Now that I think about it, I think where I saw it was in a Phil Jackson book.

Edited by wood

Robertson has gone AWOL.

the so called “win it for pavs” energy lasted only one night. His absence was really felt in this game. I just feel kind of fucked over. Other teams aren’t losing their star players, but we lost ours and the refs are too chickenshit to call penalties on the wild for playing thug hockey. If the wild are going to be extremely dirty and the refs won’t call anything, then how the fuck are we supposed to win?

Robertson has gone AWOL.
the so called “win it for pavs” energy lasted only one night. His absence was really felt in this game. I just feel kind of fucked over. Other teams aren’t losing their star players, but we lost ours and the refs are too chickenshit to call penalties on the wild for playing thug hockey. If the wild are going to be extremely dirty and the refs won’t call anything, then how the fuck are we supposed to win?

In last year’s Stars playoff thread, I said Robo is a brilliant regular-season scorer but wondered if his game ultimately translates to the postseason when you’ve got to grind and score greasy goals.

Can he do that ultimately? I’m not ready to say he can’t but I think the jury is definitely still out. He’s played 10 career playoff games and has seven points (two goals, five assists). He has three points in three games in this series, which is hard to complain about — yet.

Yeah that's why I hated it. Now that I think about it, I think where I saw it was in a Phil Jackson book.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. There might’ve been some weird arrangement back in the early 1900’s for the World Series but I don’t believe it’s ever occurred in the NBA or NHL.

Granted as someone that refuses to give a dime to Bally's/Sinclair on principle, I didn't see the Stars regular season other than couple of games I attended and national games.  But that was definitely the worst I've seen this team play that I've been watching.   Flat out dominated start to finish.  Better bring it Sunday.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Somebody fill me on why Wild fans abhor Ryan Suter. Is it all because of his cross check of Kiprosov in Game 1 that wasn’t called? Because, correct me if I’m wrong, the Wild bought out his contract to set him free.

As far as I can tell, yeah. That's it.

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this feels like game 1

and that's not good

its way better than Friday, at least we are in the game.  Pavelski being out really sucks. we don't really have anyone picking up his slack.  be nice if Robertson showed up a bit more.

our puckhandling is just poor and we can't seem to get around the edges when we have a break.  

its way better than Friday, at least we are in the game.  Pavelski being out really sucks. we don't really have anyone picking up his slack.  be nice if Robertson showed up a bit more.
our puckhandling is just poor and we can't seem to get around the edges when we have a break.  

Robertson needs to make a mark tonight for sure
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what i'm feeling is we are skating evenly but obviously not getting equal shots and it just feels like a game we are "equals" but going to lose painfully

We can't get in front of the net. They're doing exactly what they need to do on defense to slow down our offense - taking away our netfront presence. There's zero doubt in my mind that Pavs was singled out as target before Game 1, for this very reason.

3 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. Pretty phenomenal that they're so wound up about that.

While also saying the dumba hit is just playoff hockey. 

the fans take after the players though. Wild are aggressive with their hitting but when they get hit they either bitch about it or fake being hurt by it to try and draw a call. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

While also saying the dumba hit is just playoff hockey. 

the fans take after the players though. Wild are aggressive with their hitting but when they get hit they either bitch about it or fake being hurt by it to try and draw a call. 

Yeah like Feligno taunting the Stars players, saying "Dive" over and over, then taking a dive himself a few seconds later (and actually getting called for it, which shocked me given the officiating so far).

Feligno's a piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Somebody fill me on why Wild fans abhor Ryan Suter. Is it all because of his cross check of Kiprosov in Game 1 that wasn’t called? Because, correct me if I’m wrong, the Wild bought out his contract to set him free.

He was liked (well at least tolerated) because he was good, but he was widely regarded as a redass and  generally bad teammate- the kind of veteran that had zero investment in the kids and little interest in being a leader. Nothing horrible, just not the kind of guy that people want to rally behind.

It wasn't enough to dislike him when he was here, but I'm guessing that his perceived dirty play in this series has been enough to open the negative floodgates for the fans.