Medal of Honor push for Capt. Royce Williams

Gil Bang

Just make a new medal and name it after him. 

The Royce Wiiliams BAMF Medal

The Royce Williams FAFO Medal

The Royce Williams My Balls Are So Big It Gave Me Spinal Injuries Medal

This guy did video game shit in real life, make it right before he passes

and 🤘to Mr. Williams. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Seventy years ago this fall in the skies over North Korea, U.S. Navy fighter pilot Royce Williams pulled off what many experts say is one of the greatest feats in aviation history. For 35 minutes, he engaged solo in an aerial dogfight with seven Soviet MiG-15 pilots, downing at least four jets before escaping to land his heavily damaged F9F-5 Panther jet on a U.S. aircraft carrier.

image.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Give it to him and admit Russia sucks. 

Dad went up against an NVA team. Had White dudes embedded. They fuck with us everywhere. 

You know if the the table was turned he would be a Hero of the Soviet Union. 

Give it to him. Name an air base in Eastern Europe after him, a F-35 Squadron should be called 1 vs. 7. Thujone can design their patch. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Early in the Korean War I had a model Panther jet just like the one in the photo. 
Thought it was the coolest toy ever until I saw my first F-86 in the newsreels at the post theater. 
It took almost a year before I got a Sabre jet model that was the instant coolass favorite.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, PTINS said:

F-86 Sabre, Republic of Korea Air Force, Clark AFB, PI, ~ 1959-60.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a45936becc0c90653bc2829db42b481.jpeg

F-100 Super Sabre, USAF, Clark AFB, PI, ~ 1959-60.

image.jpeg.77d26b7a150ea25c6d70b1670f4cb134.jpeg

Some curious natives...

image.thumb.jpeg.58f57c075103dc15564714c246c6ea4f.jpeg

F-102 Delta Dagger, USAF, Clark AFB, PI, ~ 1959-60.

image.thumb.jpeg.f44ce6268f393b6152b303075cfb934b.jpeg

C-121 Constellation, USAF, Clark AFB, PI, ~ 1959-60.

Travis AFB - Clark AFB

image.thumb.jpeg.b19b82a19d130fb83f31e975cc6654fa.jpeg

I hated the look of the open-nose jets  The Super Saber was more appealing than the others.

And, I was thinking it wasn't until the Delta Dagger that I started liking the look of military aircraft again.

Give it to him and admit Russia sucks. 
Dad went up against an NVA team. Had White dudes embedded. They fuck with us everywhere. 
You know if the the table was turned he would be a Hero of the Soviet Union. 
Give it to him. Name an air base in Eastern Europe after him, a F-35 Squadron should be called 1 vs. 7. Thujone can design their patch. 

A whole lotta this. I used to hunt with a Vietnam vet - Ranger. He was matter of fact about it: unless there was a tribe of tall, white, blue-eyed Vietnamese, he killed a couple of Russians and East Germans in firefights.

Give him the MOH.
  • Hook 'Em 1

We knew there were foreign "assistance" personnel from multiple countries - so much in fact that military bombing campaigns were specifically altered to avoid killing these "advisors", such as the Haiphong harbor yet we had no problem scattering ordinance all over Cambodia and Laos.  

Uncle was a Wild Weasel pilot.  Look those guys up - brass balls, all of them.  

• Hook 'Em 4

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

A whole lotta this. I used to hunt with a Vietnam vet - Ranger. He was matter of fact about it: unless there was a tribe of tall, white, blue-eyed Vietnamese, he killed a couple of Russians and East Germans in firefights.

Give him the MOH.

Yep, and we kept it quiet. There were a few Americans who deserted, and some hold over French personnel. But yeah, Russia and East Europeans were there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

We knew there were foreign "assistance" personnel from multiple countries - so much in fact that military bombing campaigns were specifically altered to avoid killing these "advisors", such as the Haiphong harbor yet we had no problem scattering ordinance all over Cambodia and Laos.  

Uncle was a Wild Weasel pilot.  Look those guys up - brass balls, all of them.  

F-4?  Those things were apparently so fucking fast they weren't really a whole lot of good at most combat things.  But low-altitude ass-hauling while launching HARM missiles at radar sites was one of them.

There's a pic of 1990 Runnin Horns (RIP Lance) draped all over an F-4 out at Bergstrom, which was no doubt a Wild Weasel ship as F-4s hung in the inventory considerably past their expiration date for that mission.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

F-4?  Those things were apparently so fucking fast they weren't really a whole lot of good at most combat things.  But low-altitude ass-hauling while launching HARM missiles at radar sites was one of them.

There's a pic of 1990 Runnin Horns (RIP Lance) draped all over an F-4 out at Bergstrom, which was no doubt a Wild Weasel ship as F-4s hung in the inventory considerably past their expiration date for that mission.

Yep - air superiority fighter/interceptor.  My favorite bird as a kid.  First models had no guns, which was a big f'ing mistake.  It's the F-15's pappy.