2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

This is incredible.

This was less than one hour ago!

image.thumb.png.d74fd8035e46e64a8357e51a0b950eac.png

image.thumb.png.d7748b033b1bbe19129366ac20d3d464.png

image.thumb.png.d8c4912920aab875f135ba3cc60efdc1.png

image.thumb.png.553b15d3fa9b9c680f96720ad020da4d.png

It feels like Elko is plugging the leaks, and Hattersley is getting beaten to death with a paddle. 

The 9.95ers need to go old school and start staking out the airport and the football facilities to see who is actually visiting. 

3 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Where is all this Ole Miss NIL money coming from?  That is a broke dick state.  I thought those Southern yellow pine lumber men were all Auburn.  Did some random Ole Miss fan strike oil? 

I believe someone has mentioned in the past that they have something like 8,000+ monthly donors to their collective.

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nevermind.  Baron commits to Ole Miss.  I guess they want all the edge.

29 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Lol ole miss is portal u 

Ole Miss is just literally doing now what they did when Hugh Freeze was Head Coach. Now it's legal.

Let's hope the UTSA EDGE that UT is pursuing doesn't visit Ole Miss.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 2

20 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I ain’t comparing him to Ben Davis, but 4 of Barron’s 6 sacks came against Austin Peay, Virginia and UTSA. His two sacks in SEC play were Vandy and A&M.

Similar to Moore, I wonder about his level of play against good competition.

Gerry inferred Texas passed. They didn’t think he could play inside. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Lol @:

1) nickle 

2) that he was ready to leave for college station and a phone call made him commit on the spot and cancel.  Totes believable. 

Sir, the visit was all set up and ready to go. Who do you think did all that scheduling? That’s right, Mike Elko. He continues to be the most organized and detail oriented coach in the solar system. And don’t forget that he is literally burning up the roads on the recruiting trail: he visited a kid’s high school last week!

Edited by Navin R. Johnson
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Obviously you aren’t counting him to come in and play 30 snaps a game next year, but I wonder if flipping Smith changes the mindset of looking at a portal LB. Especially if Gbenda also returns.

I’m good with it if Gbenda’s role doesn’t expand. His playing time is in a good place right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Lane Kiffin loves picking on A&M. He had no desire to go there. 

I think Kiffin will go anywhere he can win. 

He's made several comments about not being able to beat Alabama and Georgia because of the 5 star disparity. Kiffin knows his best chance of winning a title is where he can stack legit talent (which isn't Ole Miss). 

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He would want nothing to do with living in College Station and dealing with Aggies and their traditions. It's just not a fit with his personality. 

Maybe, but either way Kiffin at aggy was the coach that scared me the most. 

The way Kiffin utilizes the portal, stacking better HS talent than Ole Miss, and his ability to always produce a top offense would be a really high ceiling. 

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yes - Texas is in a position, because of their scoring, that they would expect teams to throw the ball significantly more than pass, especially in the second half of games.  With all of the edge talent Texas could potentially have next year they could rotate in fresh guys constantly and play a NASCAR type package for the majority of a game (or at least in the second half). 

You mean "wake up in the morning and piss excellence" ?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Where is all this Ole Miss NIL money coming from?  That is a broke dick state.  I thought those Southern yellow pine lumber men were all Auburn.  Did some random Ole Miss fan strike oil? 

State's welfare dollars aren't going to spend themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

They have NIL QR codes literally all over their stadium and NIL kiosks in many of the state’s grocery stores. I for sure buy the 8k individual donors mentioned upthread. 

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Imagine having to write this. 

A&M adds former Youngstown State LB Alex Howard via transfer portal

December 16, 2023

From a Penguin to an Aggie.

Texas A&M has landed a commitment out of the transfer portal from linebacker Alex Howard.

He comes to College Station after playing four years at Youngstown State. A product of Mount Healthy High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, Howard is the third addition out of the portal for the Aggies.

He arrived at Youngstown State ahead of the 2020 COVID-19 season, where he appeared in five games. He only had 10 tackles in that campaign, but his production has steadily increased over the course of his career.

In total, Howard has tallied 142 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and five sacks as a college player. He also has one interception as well as a kick return that went for 21 yards during the 2022 season.

The 6-foot-2, 230-pounder has one year of eligibility remaining, and Howard chose the Aggies over South Carolina, Michigan State, Virginia Tech and a number of others.

The Daily Show Idk GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.