2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

FWIW - Eric Nahlin (IT) had a note on Kris Ross this morning.  Ross was dismissed from the team earlier this year but is still at Texas and attending classes.  IT is reporting that North Shore source has told them that Ross hopes to return to the team.  

Wil be interesting to see how Sark handles it.  According to IT Ross did not have any history of bad behavior and he has a skill set (quick first step) few if any of the DL on the team possess.

• Hook 'Em 6

21 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Eric Nahlin (IT) had a note on Kris Ross this morning.  Ross was dismissed from the team earlier this year but is still at Texas and attending classes.  IT is reporting that North Shore source has told them that Ross hopes to return to the team.  

Wil be interesting to see how Sark handles it.  According to IT Ross did not have any history of bad behavior and he has a skill set (quick first step) few if any of the DL on the team possess.

Was there ever any insight as to what he did? Kind of impressed he's willing to stick it out/appears to be taking the right steps. It would be great to have him back, think he could be a real player with another year in the S&C program. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Jimmy Two Times said:

Was there ever any insight as to what he did? Kind of impressed he's willing to stick it out/appears to be taking the right steps. It would be great to have him back, think he could be a real player with another year in the S&C program. 

Apparently got into a big argument with Sark in front of the team.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He might be referring to that kid that Tennessee signed last year. I know they paid him a shitload, like a mil or two per year, and I can't really figure out why. 

You’re thinking of Nico Iamaleava and the rumored total was $8 million

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicholaus-Iamaleava-46101236/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There are a plethora of WRs to choose from in the portal.

How many do you think we need.  If Wingo is an EE, I think it's highly likely he can start and Cook.  So maybe one?  I see Cain portaling out.  Niblett and Moore the first two off the bench.  I feel like I'm forgetting somebody?

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

How many do you think we need.  If Wingo is an EE, I think it's highly likely he can start and Cook.  So maybe one?  I see Cain portaling out.  Niblett and Moore the first two off the bench.  I feel like I'm forgetting somebody?

You're being quite the nay sayer.  Oops i switched the letters, you should say "Neyor"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

He might be referring to that kid that Tennessee signed last year. I know they paid him a shitload, like a mil or two per year, and I can't really figure out why. 

Right, I forgot about that. And yeah, I believe you're right about the $1m or $2m. But $6-$7m would be stupid even for aggy on a player. They're the dumbest people on the internet and even they have to stop. I think the highest grossing player was Caleb Williams who had $3m from advertisers, and then Dunn, and then Arch 3rd. 

As someone else above reported, it was Nico Iamaleava, who signed a deal with Spyre Sports Group to a deal that could be worth up to $8m over 3 years. 

It's just stupid how people will throw these I idiotic numbers around without doing just a tiny bit of research 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

6 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The 6-7M number I think he was talking full offer, like a HS kid being offered 1.5m/yr (6m total) to come play for X school. I fully believe those, while few do exist.

Yeah, I can see that over the course of a career. But damn, even that's just stupid risky. Imagine someone offering Korey Foreman that money and look at his career thus far as the #3 overall recruit. I would hope some stipulations are made to where it's not guaranteed. 

I hope, again. Just Jesus that's stupid. 

3 hours ago, Acropora said:

Spoiler

572f524b-maxresdefault.webp.fd3666c4caadcdad6b78d9e550b1f2c8.webp

probably got scared by this dude.

from what i can dig up, offseason foot surgery, got reinjured early in season against Georgia and no further treatment but very ambiguous on the injury reports. 

animal house reject GIF by Puffin Graphic Design

Edited by Park Gothic
Spoiler that albino aborted fetus looking motherfucker

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Like 1.

Wingo, Livingstone, and Dubose are EE's.

14 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

You're being quite the nay sayer.  Oops i switched the letters, you should say "Neyor"

Well mixing up things is sort of what you're known for here, sir, so no one is surprsied. Also, Neyor looks to be sticking it out. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Like 1.

Wingo, Livingstone, and Dubose are EE's.

Dubose seems like he's going to need a RS. Wingo will play. Will Livingtstone also be fully healthy? Probably but seems like an excellent excuse to RS the guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Unfortunately I think Cain is a lifer. He knows no one worth a shit will offer him, so he would rather just hold on to his scholarship until Sark finally has enough and tells him it's time to move on. I really hope he does that, or Cain magically becomes an above average players.  

Cain is a competitive kid. He'll compete and likely lose to Wingo in the spring, then enter his name in the portal. If he gets another opportunity to be the guy over Wingo, then he's likely stepped his game up tremendously.

He's has a good camp the last two years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Was an unranked recruit out of high school who had to spend a year at Fork Union Prep before he ended up at a good FCS James Madison program.  As a freshman led the team in catches, yards, and TDs and was named an FCS freshman All-American.  As a sophomore he had a monster season and was named an FCS All American.

Transferred to South Carolina in 2022 and led that team in catches, yards and TDs.

Last season had what was described as a 'lower body injury' over the summer and was unable to make it all the way through each of the first three games this season and was ruled out of the last 9 after having ankle surgery.

Very impressive reel.  He is very strong, hard to bring down, and plays hard.  Strong hands.  Good acceleration and top end speed.  I love guys who were overlooked in high school.  Assuming his ankle checks out, I'd take this guy 10 times out of 10 over Stewart.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Cain is a competitive kid. He'll compete and likely lose to Wingo in the spring, then enter his name in the portal. If he gets another opportunity to be the guy over Wingo, then he's likely stepped his game up tremendously.

Winner of the DeSean Hales “Good Camp” award.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Exactly. He's had a good camp for the past 2 years but can't get any minutes. That's a bit strange to me. He has 1 catch for 13 yards from Arch against tech (and I think it's the only game he's been in unless he came in against Wyoming/Rice/Kansas). Surely if he had something to offer he would have shown it by now. Even Cook has played more snaps 

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Unfortunately I think Cain is a lifer. He knows no one worth a shit will offer him, so he would rather just hold on to his scholarship until Sark finally has enough and tells him it's time to move on. I really hope he does that, or Cain magically becomes an above average players.  

How dare you speak of the 2022 Alamo Bowl breakout star in this manner 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Babytime said:

Forgive me if this has been answered, but what percent goes to football if you(like me) contribute to the general fund?

6 hours ago, Thiefery said:

i happened to go to the donation portal after reading this to make sure it was going to football.. it actually was going to the general fund :( I swear I had put it for football but it wasn't set that way.. it's been over a year too 

Outside of spend for marketing, one employee, and event expenses, all general fund dollars go to football. That's due to necessity and the fact that it is a hell of thing to fund a roster of 85 players. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhorn96 said:

Whispers out of Berkeley that RS Soph ILB Kaleb Elam-Orr will be headed to the portal.  3rd in the Pac12 in tackles despite playing injured the last third of the season.  Just scratching the surface of his potential.  Total fuck beast

Elam-Orr to Baylor confirmed

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Has this season moved the needle with more BMDs? (As for the big BMD(s) who has been carrying NIL for us, I tip my hat to you)

Lol

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You got me before the edit. Now my dumbassery will live for eternity. 

People should take this opportunity to fuck with you. 

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves