2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Something to think about is that some of the big money folks communicate with Ketchum on recruiting and transfers, and they speak in certainties.

There's a pattern to follow that when rumors pop up like the Alexander thing and then Ketchum talks about it and then the tables turn. That's not karmic. Ketchum has to appear in the know because the notion of being an insider is that blubbering manatee's currency.

One of the idiotic things that that tub of goo will do is convey information to others in the business in order to look like he's really standing out. So while posting something on twitter where you do the "nanny nanny boo boo" thing may not actually be a big deal, telling one of the moderators of the USC Rivals site or one of the national Rivals mods a negotiated number might be the kind of bragging that accidentally gives USC the information they need to put the whole thing to bed. 

I knew you were friends with Ketchum 

19 minutes ago, ousux said:

"blubbering Manatee"

Too good to not steal, and I know a few dudes who fit that description.

At least half this site

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Teryor said:

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/texas-linebacker-no-longer-part-of-the-longhorn-football-program/

Surprised it hadn't been posted but Burrell gone for association with the Sweat accident

Vogel says he was about to enter the portal anyway.

https://ontexasfootball.com/forums/topic/1245-smaje-burrell-no-longer-on-the-texas-team/?do=findComment&comment=14633

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/8/2024 at 10:42 AM, closetojumping said:

You'll get a mix to get to 7-9 exits.  As to names, I haven't heard of any. They like guys like Swanson and Burrell and Cajoe. There just aren't many guys that they wouldn't like to keep. I expect some pain.

Definitely some pain for Burrell as he enters the portal.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Something to think about is that some of the big money folks communicate with Ketchum on recruiting and transfers, and they speak in certainties.

There's a pattern to follow that when rumors pop up like the Alexander thing and then Ketchum talks about it and then the tables turn. That's not karmic. Ketchum has to appear in the know because the notion of being an insider is that blubbering manatee's currency.

One of the idiotic things that that tub of goo will do is convey information to others in the business in order to look like he's really standing out. So while posting something on twitter where you do the "nanny nanny boo boo" thing may not actually be a big deal, telling one of the moderators of the USC Rivals site or one of the national Rivals mods a negotiated number might be the kind of bragging that accidentally gives USC the information they need to put the whole thing to bed. 

My shit....I lost it.

Burrell is gone. Okay. 

Names more likely than others, apparently:

Red, Cojoe, Robertson, Kirkland, Holmes,  Davis (don’t tell @immamac), and Jordan. 

No guarantees and there could well be others, but none of those above should shock anyone. 

Merril is a longer term contributor to the AD and program. I assume he’s there until he’s a GA or something. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Burrell is gone. Okay. 

Red, Cojoe, Robertson, Kirkland, Holmes,  Davis (don’t tell @immamac), and Jordan. 

No guarantees and there could well be others, but none of those above should shock anyone. 

Merril is a longer term contributor to the AD and program. I assume he’s there until he’s a GA or something. 

I wouldn't be upset by any of that. Although, I know there will be a name we really don't want to leave that does so.

• Hook 'Em 2

If I could save one from that list it would probably be Robertson. Maybe Cojoe next. I could see all of those guys being productive college players but losing them doesn’t change our roster outlook too significantly. 

This roster is in a good place 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

If I could save one from that list it would probably be Robertson. Maybe Cojoe next. I could see all of those guys being productive college players but losing them doesn’t change our roster outlook too significantly. 

Why Robertson? He's never going to play here 

46 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

With the type of talent they are bringing in from the high school ranks... they are raising the floors so projects like Cojoe have to go elsewhere to get significant PT.. Imagine if they close on Fasusi and Rodgers this cycle.. and you already know they are heavy into the best looking OT in '26.. these guys are bluechips.. still can redshirt a season and learn but their floors are higher than the strohs, cojoes of the world at OT

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Burrell is gone. Okay. 

I properly put this out there. If he is pushed out he’s not fighting to stay. He’s not leaving if the staff wants him to stay. Very reliable source. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:58 AM, closetojumping said:

First, to be clear, I have not heard anything regarding any specific names transferring, and I haven't asked. I think those will be poorly kept secrets that all, or mostly, get out to folks by this weekend.

That considered, there is one player on the team who checks every single common transfer attribute box:

a) far away from home, ie., homesick

b) helicopter parent who is always calling/emailing/texting coaches and/or involved at practices

c) in the doghouse for one reason or another with staff

d) not in the two deep on the depth chart

e) dealing with chronic injury or conditioning issues

f) currently possessing higher perception value than performance value (someone would throw more money at the player than Texas would care to match)

17 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Burrell is gone. Okay. 

Is Kirkland who you were referencing with the list above?

No, Mitchell. But he's a close second. Kirkland doesn't have a helicopter parent calling his position coach all of the time.
Yet nother reason why Bo fucked off to LSU I suppose. I don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem the type to tolerate that sort of thing.

10 minutes ago, ousux said:

Yet nother reason why Bo fucked off to LSU I suppose. I don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem the type to tolerate that sort of thing.

I would be pretty surprised if Sydir Mitchell's mother had any impact on Bo's decision to leave for LSU. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

I would be pretty surprised if Sydir Mitchell's mother had any impact on Bo's decision to leave for LSU. 
I'm not saying that alone would be enough, but I'm sure it helped make the decision easier. If I were a football coach that would be the worst part of the job.

9 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'm not saying that alone would be enough, but I'm sure it helped make the decision easier. If I were a football coach that would be the worst part of the job.

It's not like he left to become a banker or something. He still coaches 18-22 year old college students. 

• Haha 1

I'm sure there are no helicopter parents at LSU.
Bo's been coaching long enough I'm sure he's dealt with a few, but all it takes is one really persistent and annoying one to drive you crazy. Ever coached little league baseball, flag football, youth basketball etc? Take that and amp it up a few levels when a family is dependent on you to get their son in the NFL as a cash cow for the family.

10 minutes ago, ousux said:

Right, but what I'm saying is I think it had zero impact whatsoever. I doubt it was even a thought in his mind. 

Of course neither of us can know something like that. I'm just thinking out loud. 

Right, but what I'm saying is I think it had zero impact whatsoever. I doubt it was even a thought in his mind. 
Of course neither of us can know something like that. I'm just thinking out loud. 
Your last part says it all, both of us are speculating.

I'd also speculate that dealing with the Mitchell family is probably an easier task than getting his own son significant PT at LSU, or enough to get him noticed by the NFL.

Park Gothic is correct on the matter. Davis was offered an opportunity to return to a place he enjoyed for a lot of money in order to coach his son while hanging out with two of his best friends on the coaching staff. The guy has a ranch in Mississippi that he wants to be permanently living on within the next five years. LSU is his final job barring something insane and he took the chance to jump on it when they cleared the way for his kid. He didn't leave Texas due to any bad blood or problems with the program.
Helicopter parents have been a part of the job in coaching since at least the days of Norman Dale, and probably further back than that. That said, it's not every player and it doesn't help those players with parents behaving as such. The bigger issue is when the player is bitching about shit that is just part of the grind and the parent is then whining about their baby's treatment. That gets really old. 
My original post was in jest more than anything else, but I forgot this place is filled will humorless aspies who fixate only on stats and facts...and can't abide any speculation. Btw, I already acknowledged the fact I don't think helicopter parents made the difference in his leaving, but could have made the decision easier if said parents and player are above and beyond the usual delusion. I know coaches have to say all sorts of things to land a commit, and sometimes backing up the living room talk just isn't possible...but some parents (and/or player) will never get that through their skull and would rather trash the coach (or coaches) and school. I will say this: if Bo gets his kid drafted then he is more of a DL witch than I ever realized.

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:
Park Gothic is correct on the matter. Davis was offered an opportunity to return to a place he enjoyed for a lot of money in order to coach his son while hanging out with two of his best friends on the coaching staff. The guy has a ranch in Mississippi that he wants to be permanently living on within the next five years. LSU is his final job barring something insane and he took the chance to jump on it when they cleared the way for his kid. He didn't leave Texas due to any bad blood or problems with the program.
Helicopter parents have been a part of the job in coaching since at least the days of Norman Dale, and probably further back than that. That said, it's not every player and it doesn't help those players with parents behaving as such. The bigger issue is when the player is bitching about shit that is just part of the grind and the parent is then whining about their baby's treatment. That gets really old. 

My original post was in jest more than anything else, but I forgot this place is filled will humorless aspies who fixate only on stats and facts...and can't abide any speculation. Btw, I already acknowledged the fact I don't think helicopter parents made the difference in his leaving, but could have made the decision easier if said parents and player are above and beyond the usual delusion. I know coaches have to say all sorts of things to land a commit, and sometimes backing up the living room talk just isn't possible...but some parents (and/or player) will never get that through their skull and would rather trash the coach (or coaches) and school. I will say this: if Bo gets his kid drafted then he is more of a DL witch than I ever realized.

You're always welcome to take anything I type personally, but that post was attempting to help clarify and had no direct shots in it intended for you, sweetheart.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ousux said:

Ha, well fuck me for making conversation I guess.

3o6wr9LT97l83CJHGg.webp

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

You're always welcome to take anything I type personally, but that post was attempting to help clarify and had no direct shots in it intended for you, sweetheart.
I don't take yours or anyone else's posts personally. If I did I would have run away like several thin skins have done...and long before the Shag became Surly.

14 minutes ago, ousux said:

I will say this: if Bo gets his kid drafted then he is more of a DL witch than I ever realized.

he isn't going to get drafted, stop posting dumb shit

he isn't some raw high schooler. he's a RSJR who has been in college for 3 years and touched the field 8 times out of 22 games played.

the career of Beau Davis so far:

• 2020 as a recruit: #87 player in Michigan, reported offers from FIU and Florida Atlantic, went to a JuCo
  • 2021: East Mississippi Community College, played in 6 of 9 games, had 2 solo tackles and 7 assists
  • 2022: Southeastern Louisiana University, played in 2 of 13 games, had 0 solo tackles and 3 assists. was not one of the 5 DEs listed on their 2 deep for their last regular season game
  • 2023: I think he was at Southeastern Louisiana University, was not on the participation report for any games
  • 2024: going to be on the roster at LSU
Edited by NoName
  • Drool 1

he isn't some raw high schooler. he's a RSJR who has been in college for 3 years and touched the field 8 times out of 22 games played.
  • 2020 as a recruit: #87 player in Michigan, reported offers from FIU and Florida Atlantic, went to a JuCo
  • 2021: East Mississippi Community College, played in 6 of 9 games, had 2 solo tackles and 7 assists
  • 2022: Southeastern Louisiana University, played in 2 of 13 games, had 0 solo tackles and 3 assists. was not one of the 5 DEs listed on their 2 deep for their last regular season game
  • 2023: I think he was at Southeastern Louisiana University, was not on the participation report for any games
Nuance and innuendo don't compute in your brain very well do they. I imply it would take a miracle to get his kid drafted (if that was the main reason he left as reported by many) yet you throw me the kids entire history and say I'm the one saying dumb things? Ok chief, I'm sitting here in my office seriously trying not to bust out laughing, congrats.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
6 minutes ago, NoName said:

Nuance and innuendo don't compute in your brain very well do they. I imply it would take a miracle to get his kid drafted (if that was the main reason he left as reported by many) yet you throw me the kids entire history and say I'm the one saying dumb things? Ok chief, I'm sitting here in my office seriously trying not to bust out laughing, congrats.

yes, it would literally take a Henry Rowengartner/Rookie of the Year style miracle to get his son drafted. even typing it out is fucking dumb, but again par for your course to even mention it.

i would venture that this is the first time in the history of the internet someone has ever even hinted at him getting drafted - and it's you, of course.

it's a dumb comment made by a guy with a long history of making dumb comments.

yes, it would literally take a Henry Rowengartner/Rookie of the Year style miracle to get his son drafted. even typing it out is fucking dumb, but again par for your course to even mention it.
i would venture that this is the first time in the history of the internet someone has ever even hinted at him getting drafted - and it's you, of course.
I think YOU may be the only person on the Internet that would translate anything I said at any point to mean "I think Bo can get his son drafted" You seem to have a hard-on for anything I post lately, nothing I can do about that but say "glad I could help you get your rocks off" lmfao
  • Fuck You 4

18 minutes ago, NoName said:

13 minutes ago, ousux said:
18 minutes ago, NoName said:

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
9 minutes ago, NoName said:

I think YOU may be the only person on the Internet that would translate anything I said at any point to mean "I think Bo can get his son drafted" You seem to have a hard-on for anything I post lately, nothing I can do about that but say "glad I could help you get your rocks off" lmfao

giphy.gif?w=144

• Hook 'Em 4

32 minutes ago, ousux said:
44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Wait. You were joking? You thought the shit you were typing was funny? 

Also, you don't need to respond to every single person calling you an idiot. And if a ton of people are calling you a boring dolt, maybe shut the fuck up. You don't need to respond to every single person calling you out, Derka. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Wait. You were joking? You thought the shit you were typing was funny? 
Also, you don't need to respond to every single person calling you an idiot. And if a ton of people are calling you a boring dolt, maybe shut the fuck up. You don't need to respond to every single person calling you out, Derka. 
Not funny, just a throw away observation, but thanks for outing yourself even though I wasn't targeting you personally with that comment
  • Fuck You 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.