2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Wouldn't it be worse if she didn't have a Midwestern accent?  To me, sounding like you're from where you're from seems to be a sign of authenticity.

I will say -

Trump's New Yawk bullshit vs. Klobuchar's midwestern would be.... I'd watch that shit on mute.

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

2020 Dem needs to run on adding justices to the SC in order to protect abortion rights from these monsters.

I'd like someone like Gillibrand to put Kavanaugh's impeachment on the table, if only to move the Overton window. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

I'd like someone like Gillibrand to put Kavanaugh's impeachment on the table, if only to move the Overton window.

As we have seen with the wealth taxes, all it really takes is someone to have the courage to start talking about it.

Either packing the court of impeaching Kavanaugh and replacing him with some 36-year-old LGBT would actually be really popular among the libs, not to even mention the left. But no one is even talking about it. They're happy to let abortion rights continue to disappear in order to avoid having someone in the media yell at them.

5 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Trump would annihilate Beta in a debate.

Trump loses a lot of his aggressiveness in-person.  I’m not just talking about him being a coward and trying to avoid firing employees to their faces, and having his staff doing it.  

Doesnt matter how the debates go though - all the Dem candidate has to do is keep three of WI, MI, PA, and AZ, and it looks like the top 4-5 should be able to do that.  Trump personally campaigned in those states last year and couldn’t carry his picks across the finish line.   

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Buttigieg moving on up!

Sadly, he’s still the most unheard of.  I like Pete a lot and I’m really glad he’s running but I get the feeling this run is a set up to acquire another office and probably another presidential run down the road.  The exposure he’s getting goes a long way to getting his message out in his state.

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Harris graduated college in 86 and law school in 89

Snoop and Tupac were 90s 

2Pacalypse was 91
Doggystyle was 93

embarrassing 

This is lame but not nearly bad as all of the John Kerry gaffes regarding sports, hunting and fast food and definitely not as bad as eating fried chicken with a fork.

Harris should be criticized for the fights she waged in the drug war and not some pathetic attempt to appear 420 friendly.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

2020 Dem needs to run on adding justices to the SC in order to protect abortion rights from these monsters.

Running openly on that would do more to boost Republican enthusiasm than Democratic enthusiasm.

There was an 18% or so enthusiasm gap in 2018 before the Kavanaugh hearings. During the hearings it closed to 5 points or so. In 2020 Democrats should avoid saying anything about the supreme court, or saying anything else known to drive Republicans to vote.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is lame but not nearly bad as all of the John Kerry gaffes regarding sports, hunting and fast food and definitely not as bad as eating fried chicken with a fork.

Harris should be criticized for the fights she waged in the drug war and not some pathetic attempt to appear 420 friendly.

No shit. Can't think of anything more disingenuous than a tough "law-and-order" DA trying to attract leftists/liberals. And there seem to be a bunch in this field.

21 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Running openly on that would do more to boost Republican enthusiasm than Democratic enthusiasm.

There was an 18% or so enthusiasm gap in 2018 before the Kavanaugh hearings. During the hearings it closed to 5 points or so. In 2020 Democrats should avoid saying anything about the supreme court, or saying anything else known to drive Republicans to vote.

I see what you're saying, but we have to care about this.

Fozzz, we don't always see eye to eye but I appreciate your conviction when discussing certain policies. You obviously think Trump is a turd as well. 
But please knock it off with the "Beta" shit. I generally agree that right now he shouldn't be considered the best potential D candidate, but that nickname is so Trumpkin that it's cringe-inducing. 

SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT!!1!1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Walls don't work.*

*except for Israel's Apartheid wall, which is wonderful actually

disgusting Beto. Lost me when i learned of his hypocrisy and cuck status on Israel. I guess all those progressive liberal caring values go out the door in favor of a fascist ethno state. 

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Do you fucking O'Rourke groupies need a lesson in how many influential families in El Paso are of Jewish heritage?  He's a smart guy.  

Beto isn't smart at all. He's a long winded hippie rocker who seduces people with imagery, but has little substance.  Also, El Paso only has about 4,000 Jews. He's not an expert on the mideast, even though he sits on a few committees geared to that. He's a cuck for Israel as is most of Congress, no balls. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BradInATX said:

You think her having an accent from the area of the country that will singularly decide the election is an impediment?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think a horrific Minnesota accent is about the most grating sound in the world.  It is a softer Minnesota accent, so it's bearable.  I don't think it is that much of an impediment, but I'm pretty open minded about anyone who might beat Trump.

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

I think a horrific Minnesota accent is about the most grating sound in the world.  It is a softer Minnesota accent, so it's bearable.  I don't think it is that much of an impediment, but I'm pretty open minded about anyone who might beat Trump.

Not wrong there, but I don't find her accent too over-the-top. And it's not like it's going to cause her to lose any Hillary states.

Couldn't agree more about anyone who might beat Trump. 

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

Harris graduated college in 86 and law school in 89

Snoop and Tupac were 90s 

2Pacalypse was 91
Doggystyle was 93

embarrassing 

21 hours ago, Jhawk said:

It is shit like this that makes non-politicians win.  Professional politicians are sooooo out of touch with reality that they'll just say shit regardless of truth.  It makes a non-politician like trump infallible regardless of what he says because you can't come at him with "That's a lie."  The people will just respond with "oh like that time in the 80's you smoke pot with snoopy dog and charlie brown while listening to Pac and biggie?"

Politicians flat out can't connect with people.  It isn't in their DNA.  They are the losers of our society that just happen to find some function in appointed and elected positions, doing jobs that no one else wants.  They just happened to bend and mold that job from public service to control and wealth creation for themselves.  Anyone with any worth is actually making a living for themselves and not leeching off of tax payer money.

Yeah she didn't say this.  

The Breakfast Club even replayed the interview this morning to show that her answers were taken out of context.   They were pretty mad that media (right wing) took it out of context. 

She was answering both DJ Envy's question and CTG's question.  But the closeness of the questions made it come off as what's above.  

At one point, host DJ Envy asked the senator what music she liked and then another host, Charlamagne Tha God, quickly jumped in to ask what music she listened to while high in college.

In a clip posted on Twitter, Harris appears to answer DJ Envy’s question, saying that she likes Snoop Dogg and Tupac Shakur (as well as Cardi B), while laughing off the query posed by Charlamagne Tha God. 

But the close proximity of the two questions could make it sound as if Harris were saying she listened to Tupac and Snoop Dogg in college ― which would be impossible since she graduated from Howard University in 1986, five years before Tupac’s first album and six before Snoop Dogg’s recording debut.  

Right-wing outlets like Fox News and Breitbart took Harris’ response to the first question as a response to the second.

Twitter users joined in, accusing the senator of not being truthful or suggesting she was too high to remember which rap artists she liked in college.

I listened to her whole interview the other day and didn't think she was saying she listened to that music while smoking in college.  I thought it was pretty easy to discern what she was saying, but apparently not. 

10 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

At one point, host DJ Envy asked the senator what music she liked and then another host, Charlamagne Tha God, quickly jumped in to ask what music she listened to while high in college.

American politics in the 21st century. 

23 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Yep Rs can say and do anything. It doesn’t matter. Then Rs find any sliver of mistake by a Dem and exploit it endlessly - she lied about listening to Tupac!!!!

Yesterday, a boomer Fox News trump supporter I know pulled a whataboutism on the Elizabeth Warren Native American thing and I pressed him on it.  

I asked him why it was so important to him and he said “No one has any integrity anymore.  It’s about integrity.”   

He then went on to rail against the democrats saying he would never vote for a democrat again.

I then asked him if he would vote for Trump if he was a democrat. 

He said he would. 

Me: “You know Trump was a Democrat right?”

Him: “Yes but we were all democrats before.”

He then worked himself into a frenzy about integrity. 

I left it there and told him everything will be okay because I was worried I might induce him into a stroke.

10 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I'm from the Foghorn Leghorn Deep South and I totally dig a woman with a glass-cutting Fargo accent. You just know she can bake the hell out of a tuna fish potato casserole.

Plus, it's close enough to the English language that you can occasionally figure out entire sentences.