2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm just trying to figure out why Democrats are worried about Schultz.  I feel like moderates who held their nose and voted for Trump in 2016 and regret it, but just aren't able to pull the lever for a Democrat, are the primary group from where his (not many) votes will come from.

Anyone who voted for Hillary in 2016 will do so again with a stronger candidate and even worse Trump.  New voters seem to be enthusiastically Democrat, but regardless nobody is registering to vote just for Howard Schultz.  

Unless people think the Bernie Bros will vote for him out of spite, even though his platform is pretty much the complete opposite of Bernie's?

This poor bank executive just got his shit put on twitter blast.

Remember the fake accounts scam that got @WellsFargo in trouble to begin with? As CFO and COO, Tim Sloan helped enable it. He got rich off it. And he tried to cover it up. How's he the right guy to clean up the mess?

Fake accounts were just one of the scandals that went down at @WellsFargo while Tim Sloan was part of the bank’s top leadership. There are a lot to choose from. Like when they charged hundreds of thousands of customers for auto insurance they didn’t need.

Speaking of auto loans, that reminds me of the time @WellsFargo didn't provide refunds to tens of thousands of people who paid off their car loans early. What a great way to treat loyal customers!

Then there are the 500+ customers who lost their homes because of a “calculation error” by @WellsFargo. And what did Tim Sloan do to make it right? Sent the families affected some inadequate checks.

.@WellsFargo also agreed to pay $175 million to settle claims that it charged Black and Latino borrowers higher fees and rates on mortgages than white borrowers with similar credit profiles.

Of course, we can’t forget the most recent @WellsFargo scandal that took place right under Tim Sloan’s nose. The bank has been gouging students with triple the fees of its competitors on college campuses.

I could go on but I don't need to: it’s clear that Tim Sloan isn't the right person to try to clean up @WellsFargo. His hands are too dirty from overseeing years of scams and scandals. 

That’s not just an “informed” opinion. That’s a fact.

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Hillary should formally announce she's not running in 2020.  Sign it in fucking blood. 

Right wing media will continue to rile up their base as long as there still is a chance. 

Insignificant bonus:

Hillary is also trolling Russia by keeping her options open.  They can’t devote all their resources to Harris or other front runners if they think Hillary is still a possibility. 

The same is true for right wing media.  I say keep them guessing Hillary. 

28 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I think their assumption is that Harris is full of shit, malleable to the positions that benefit her most in the moment, and saying this to get elected but will then switch gears and play ball.  They think Bernie and Warren are true believers.

Or maybe I’m just projecting that because it’s what I think.

Yeah, Harris comes off as a pragmatic ball player.

Warren has a lifetime career of going after the banks and public corruption for reasons beyond politics. 

Oh, Hillary said she's not running for President in 2020?  Okay.  She must be super-cereal then.  I know I'm convinced.  She is absolutely 100% going to run for President of the United States.  When she declares and when she drops out...that's anybody's guess.  

BTW-you rude bastards---it's Secretary Clinton and Congressman O'Rourke/or Representative O'Rourke.  Quit acting like middle schoolers stumbling through an index card with your introductory remarks block printed on it at their campaign appearance in town.  

Beto just sent out another email to his donor/supporter list. Third once since the campaign. He's definitely trying to keep his list engaged. 

Dear Horncyclist,

I’m writing to you from El Paso, where it has been a beautiful morning so far. I hope you are doing well and that your week is off to a strong start.

I spent seven days on the road earlier this month visiting five states, and I thought I’d share some reflections from that trip. It was a great chance to go to places I hadn’t been, meet people I never would have met otherwise and think through where I am, and where the country is, right now.

Hope you enjoy reading these —

Beto

There are five entries, each linked below:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Remember the fake accounts scam that got @WellsFargo in trouble to begin with? As CFO and COO, Tim Sloan helped enable it. He got rich off it. And he tried to cover it up. How's he the right guy to clean up the mess?

Fake accounts were just one of the scandals that went down at @WellsFargo while Tim Sloan was part of the bank’s top leadership. There are a lot to choose from. Like when they charged hundreds of thousands of customers for auto insurance they didn’t need.

Speaking of auto loans, that reminds me of the time @WellsFargo didn't provide refunds to tens of thousands of people who paid off their car loans early. What a great way to treat loyal customers!

Then there are the 500+ customers who lost their homes because of a “calculation error” by @WellsFargo. And what did Tim Sloan do to make it right? Sent the families affected some inadequate checks.

.@WellsFargo also agreed to pay $175 million to settle claims that it charged Black and Latino borrowers higher fees and rates on mortgages than white borrowers with similar credit profiles.

Of course, we can’t forget the most recent @WellsFargo scandal that took place right under Tim Sloan’s nose. The bank has been gouging students with triple the fees of its competitors on college campuses.

I could go on but I don't need to: it’s clear that Tim Sloan isn't the right person to try to clean up @WellsFargo. His hands are too dirty from overseeing years of scams and scandals. 

She won't lose because of the Native American thing.  She's going to lose because she's too good for us.  We don't deserve Elizabeth Warren. 

• Like 3

Welp, that didn't take long. She is who I thought she was. :(

?s for Harris and those who agree with her...

1) Do you seriously not understand that improving the educational outcomes of kids will make them less likely to be criminals in the future?

2) Do you seriously believe that prison deters crime?

3) You have THREE PADLOCKS on your front door? Woman where the hell do you live?

Edited by bad_teammate

I don't know, man, it's... it's not looking good.

Just laughing at the idea of targeting poor parents. Loving it.

I do not think the majority of Dem primary voters are going to like this.

"... we dismissed the charges against her ..."

Wait, Kamala... so you charged a mother working two jobs with a crime?

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I really want to vote for someone younger than Warren/Bernie but it is getting pretty clear that they are the only D candidates that are serious about the kind of economic policy shifts we need to save this country from going down the path of corporate neo-feudalism.

2 minutes ago, Hot Chick said:

Trump is deep into the racism angle of everything and he's a puppet of Putin.

Kamala is not a puppet of anything. Lol.

She is answering the questions asked of her, and doing so pointedly, and those are (unfortunately) relevant questions considering we have an unhinged pandering white nationalist in office. Also she is African American. It's an inescapable topic. Though, we definitely should be past such topics shouldn't we. 

The next chunk of questions, no race discussed.

I want an intellectual as the leader, someone on the level of Bill C or BHO, she's not there at all. Ok, so she's not talking race when discussing gun control, (not yet) but it's a pillar of her ideology, coming from her place. Oh and wrt AIPAC, she's a puppet as are almost all US politicians. 

I'd prefer Warren earning the nomination, but I'm open to changing my mind based on how it plays out. I think she's the sharpest, and would offer some good policy proposals for whatever issues that pop up. 

However, if Harris wins the nom I'd be equally happy. 

Beto season starts next week.

I don’t know if this is by design but I like the flow of how these candidates are being rolled out to maximize media exposure among the serious contenders.  

It gives people an opportunity to focus on each candidate for about a week or two before they all get thrown in a shit show primary blender.

1 minute ago, Hot Chick said:

You're welcome. That's a hot bed of anti-intellectualism and puppetry.

AIPAC puppetry is universal from the left like her and AOC to the far right. Doesn't matter where your'e from, slip in "anti-semitism" which she says a lot for some unknown reason (oh AIPAC) and politicians bite on the Israeli biscuit. It's easy. That's how we know she's not a worldly person, neither is AOC, easily manipulated in areas where she's wholly ignorant. 

I think she speaks with a lot of passion. She really nailed gun violence and DACA/border security. You could hear it in her voice  

Her weakest was CJ but that’s not a surprise. I think it’s quite a ways down on the pecking order of issues for the Dem primary, well below immigration, healthcare, gun control, taxes, and jobs. 

She threw out her progressive red meat - MFA and no more insurance companies; Green New Deal; no wall. 

Yep. In your first part is how I feel. Beto has been Mr. Generic in terms of policy and substance. General platitudes about civility and having conversations works running as a Democrat in Texas. 

It ain’t going to fly in a national Democratic primary. Come with real ideas and substance, son, or head back to Whataburger. 

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Beto seems like a rock star to progressives when he’s running against a vulnerable Ted Cruz in a mid term and every left leaning political viewer wants nothing more than to win that race.  I have a feeling he’s going to be surprisingly weak running against other Democrsts when the knives come out.

He is white privilege personified.  Ne’er do well who went to prep school and Columbia, was in a band but not when they were successful, legal troubles get curiously resolved, married into a super rich family, and now spends time doing some sort of adult Holden Caufield impersonation.  “I’m driving around rural Iowa for the next 5 weeks on a vision quest, watch me live blog how moved I am by the sunset and talk about why love conquers all.”   

That shit ain’t gonna fly against Harris and some of the others.  He’s handsome and has a positive message, which will certainly win him some supporters.  But there’s no more to it.  Obama and Bill Clinton both had inspiring personal stories to go with the cool, young positive guy thing.  Beto’s story is ultimately going to be a liability.  Plus, I don’t think the base wants Mr. Nice Guy Positive right now, anyway.

If I had to guess now, I’d say Harris chews up the rest of the field and spits them out. 

Beto will get the youth vote which is huge, he'll get the Latinos because he feels the refugees. She'll get the blacks with her Queen Latifah anger/kill whitey. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Chick said:

She's more like a Sesame Street cast member than an Eddie Murphy sketch.

If you play the town hall backwards, you actually hear her advocate for white genocide and feasting on the flesh of white babies. 

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I wish Medicare for all was acronym'ed as M4A instead of MFA. MFA is a Master of Fine Arts, a terminal degree, held by beautiful writers of prose in the fields of modern literary fiction and poetry.

M4A is just a politically charged and dividing idea.

Every time I see M4A I think of ...

FN_M4A1_Rotators_1-1800x750.jpg

• Like 2