2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

No shit. If we had universal healthcare, I could see the rate of self-employment, entrepreneurship & start-ups increase dramatically upon adoption. It's one of the reasons I'm currently working for the man. Alone, I might risk going without but right now I've got to keep my daughter covered.

For real though. Only reason I was able to make the jump to my own company a few years back is my wife has great insurance through Seton. Between insurance, self-emplyment double taxation, and a slew of other things, it's almost like the talk of American small business and entrepreneurship is a load of bullshit and the government exists only to serve big business. But I digress..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Took my company self-insured (really a captive so semi self-insured) last year for health insurance. It’s amazing what you see when you peel back the layers that the insurance companies don’t let you see. Healthcare and the cost of care is fundamentally broken in this country and the government taking any of it over isn’t going to fix it. Corporations in the middle have fundamentally screwed it up for everyone including the doctors. Additionally, prescription costs are completely out of control. It amounts to over 50% of our plan cost at this point.

So employer-based health insurance that we love or hate is the fault of the Republicans is that correct ?    it was their idea in the first place there is definitive evidence that suggests they implemented employer-based health insurance in this country ?  Does anyone have a link to support that

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So employer-based health insurance that we love or hate is the fault of the Republicans is that correct ?    it was their idea in the first place there is definitive evidence that suggests they implemented employer-based health insurance in this country ?  Does anyone have a link to support that

Who said that? What are you talking about?

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ah, the desperate victim card. 

Both parties fucked up health insurance. Currently only one is listening to the American people and trying to address it. 

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ah, the desperate victim card. 

Both parties fucked up health insurance. Currently only one is listening to the American people and trying to address it. 

Desperate victim card ?    I pay for my own health insurance and 100% of the premiums of the health insurance of my employees    Because taking care of people to me is more important than bitching.   My point is it wouldn’t hurt if people understood the origins of the system under which we currently operate so that we may have a better foundation on which to build a solution.   My point is it wouldn’t hurt if people understood the origins of the system under which we currently operate so that we may have a better foundation on which to build a solution There are far more people in this country then I think many realize that think our current system was exclusively launched and deployed by one party

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No.  It's not.  It's an accident of history.

The only reason we have employer based coverage is because employers offered this as a perk during WWII, when they were not allowed to raise wages.

Insurance companies suck. I was working last Friday at a store in north Dallas and I got a prescription for a brand name only anti-seizure med. Cost the pharmacy $810 for 90 day supply and the PBM reimbursed $630 so nearly a $200 net loss. I reverse the claim and switch to a 30 day supply and they paid $269.50 for the one bottle that costs $270. Net loss of 50 cents. The patients copay for the 30 day AND the 90 day prescription were both $20. This is nothing more than an incentive to drive business away from the retail side and have them use the insurance owned mail order pharmacy. The patient isn't going to pay 2 extra copays when they could just pay one and I'm sure as hell not going to take a $200 loss on one prescription. These fuckers are like the mafia. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Desperate victim card ?    I pay for my own health insurance and 100% of the premiums of the health insurance of my employees    Because taking care of people to me is more important than bitching.   My point is it wouldn’t hurt if people understood the origins of the system under which we currently operate so that we may have a better foundation on which to build a solution.   My point is it wouldn’t hurt if people understood the origins of the system under which we currently operate so that we may have a better foundation on which to build a solution There are far more people in this country then I think many realize that think our current system was exclusively launched and deployed by one party

The origins of the current system are the wage and price controls instituted by the government during WWII. Corporations offered employees health insurance as a way to get around those controls. Once the controls were lifted after the war, employer provided health insurance stuck around and has resulted in the system that every single corporation in this country would love to do away with. No one wants to be the first major corporation to stop providing health insurance for their employees.

Edited by David Dennison

6 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

She's absolutely who we need, but doesn't have the personality to get people energized. As someone mentioned on this board, we don't deserve her as our president :(

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

For the rich?

It’s not any one thing I can point to, but she just doesn’t have “it”.   I don’t see her generating nearly as much enthusiasm at a townhall this early on, as KH did last night.  

On some level, Warren knows this, because she is very intelligent and she can read polls.   Sure, every ounce of who she is screams out to fight people like Trump, but she just doesn’t generate the interest.

She is a huge distraction for Trump though.   She can also float a lot of trial balloons out there.  

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

She has a lot of the same Hamptons backers. I’ve been told that’s of no consequence, though. 

Not singling you out, although you are definitely following the script, but it's been fun to watch Republicans concern troll over the Dem. candidates. 

"They actually have morals and beliefs and will base their nominee off of these hahahahahah"

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Warren is a legit top tier borderline front runner right now.  

But keep it going with the she doesn’t have “it” narrative like every talking head. 

The premature dismissing is cute.

What’s cute is that Warren is polling down with people who have publicly stated they aren’t even running, and is just barely above celebrities who always get tossed out there.  

For somebody who occupies so much space in Trump’s head, she just doesn’t reflect it among Dems.

There is a reason Biden and Harris are way out front.  

But please, post the talking points you were given to post so the class can see them.  

I love that I have great coverage for a family of 4 for $80 a pay period and the last time my kid went to the dermatologist the copay was $10 and the medication was $10 (was previously $250 on a different employer plan). I think it's the contrast that makes me love the insurance, because before I was paying like $480 a month (deduction from pay check) for insurance that was more expensive with copay and rx. It's like this new insurance is giving me a pay raise.
M4A is going to be a cost much much more for your average Joe Sixpacks like me.

So much to unpack here, so little time.
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Where are you getting your data from? 

All over the place.   It’s really odd when you look at potential contenders - You have Biden and Harris, then farther down Bernie, Booker, and Beto, and then you get down to the rest (some running, some ain’t).  Warren is in that last group.   I get Bernie and Beto, but people like Booker and some of the others have much more serious baggage than Harris, Warren, etc.

Is it fair?  Nope, especially given how high her profile should be given her dust-ups with Trump, and her background should resonate with women.  

But that’s reality.  

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What’s cute is that Warren is polling down with people who have publicly stated they aren’t even running, and is just barely above celebrities who always get tossed out there.  

For somebody who occupies so much space in Trump’s head, she just doesn’t reflect it among Dems.

There is a reason Biden and Harris are way out front.  

But please, post the talking points you were given to post so the class can see them.  

It's true, Dems love throwing poor people in jail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This shows that out of the 2 major candidates who have already announced, she’s second.

I’ve never quite understood why, but the candidates poll way lower before they’ve officially announced even if everyone knows they will end up running.  Harris went from 8 behind her to 9 ahead of her by doing nothing except making it official.  That next group under Warren would likely do the same.

Warren hasn't officially announced yet. She only declared an exploratory committee on Dec 30. So, it's possible her ratings could skyrocket too upon formal announcement.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not singling you out, although you are definitely following the script, but it's been fun to watch Republicans concern troll over the Dem. candidates. 

"They actually have morals and beliefs and will base their nominee off of these hahahahahah"

Merely sharing something i saw on Twitter. I follow a good number of lefties. 

I’m honestly not sure who I’d prefer to win, but I think Kamala will. Just observing. 

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

When will you be calling to see her birth certificate?

I’ve never called for anyone’s birth certificate, but thanks for asking.