2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

A bunch of people online who will never vote for Bernie.

The exact same type of people you're crying your eyes out about right now.

You can find the same with Bernie supporters saying they're going to stay home and not vote if Biden is the nominee. Stop treating social media as something that's indicative of anything other than nuts having a forum to yell because things didn't go their way. Whomever wins the nomination needs to get every self described Democrats vote. Biden is not worse than Trump. He might suck but who do you want picking RGB's replacement, Trump or Biden? It's as simple as that. If people don't show up and let Trump be re-elected, they never believed in what Bernie was fighting for in the first place. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 4

Just now, mdmost said:

You can find the same with Bernie supporters saying they're going to stay home and not vote if Biden is the nominee. Stop treating social media as something that's indicative of anything other than nuts having a forum to yell because things didn't go their way. 

This is my entire point.

lol

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I'm having an extremely hard time taking seriously the proposition that a guy making $55k/year and raising a family of 4 has the same functional life as a guy making $420k/year and raising a family of 4.

Well thankfully for you that isn't the proposition.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

$420K doesn't last as easily as you think it does.  Between my Mercedes payments, mortgage, country club dues, etc... I struggle just like everybody else to make ends meet.

reminds me of the clip on Jon Stewart where a $250k stock broker's salary was barely enough for a family of 4 to survive while $35k for a teachers salary was too much. 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/j0rtt7/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-crisis-in-dairyland---for-richer-and-poorer---teachers-and-wall-street

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Better, but I am sure you understand that requires a great deal of enthusiasm FOR something.

Not really. The vast majority of voters don't pay a lot of attention and will vote with what's familiar. They don't read newspapers, or much of anything really, they just go to work, spend time with their kids, and have a few beers on the weekend. The don't vote much but generally do for president. Some might see the absurdity of Trump and vote against him for that reason. But many will go to the polls on Nov. 3 and vote with what's familiar. Either they are long time union democrats or they are familiar with Uncle Joe and will vote for him without much thought on the issues. Those who find message boards and the political board in particular are generally up to speed on the issues and have a lot to say about them, which is why we're here posting and discussion. We're not the average joe from Ohio. Being a largely non-controversial (to the layman) democrat with a familiar name is enough for a ton of voters in swing states.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Who the fuck is that?

It’s a social media site called Twitter. There’s these things called hashtags that people use to tag their comments. If you search for a particular hashtag it will show you all the posts that included it. Therefore, all those posts dealt with #NeverBernie. Hope that helps, Boomer. 

3 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

@bad_teammate @washparkhorn

This is amateur hour stuff from Bernie. Particularly after this bit him in the butt in '16. Dude is just pouring jelly on himself by refusing to play the political game. 

Clyburn pledged not to endorse. 

South Carolina has only been able to maintain its “first in the South” presidential primary status in large part due to an understanding that Clyburn, for decades the most influential Democrat in the state, would not get involved on behalf of a candidate early enough on in the nominating process to affect the outcome.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2019/06/18/sc-bakari-sellers-jim-clyburn-breaks-pledge-endorsing-biden-2020-sc-democratic-presidential-primary/1486316001/

Just now, GRHorn said:

He did get Killer Mike and Chuck D. Was unable to secure Flavor Flav’s endorsement however. 

The old black women who go to church 3x a week and vote in every election don't care about some damn rappers. Most of them hate rap. And Nina Turner is totally incompetent. Bernie is looking funny in the light allowing this to happen again.

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

And he probably would have if he had a better relationship w/ Bernie. 

After '16, I think Bernie would have gained some goodwill in the party if he remained a Democrat, build better bonds w/ the CBC, etc., and created a more nuanced message about the "establishment". The rabble rouser/go it alone approach is so counter-productive. 

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

And he probably would have if he had a better relationship w/ Bernie. 

After '16, I think Bernie would have gained some goodwill in the party if he remained a Democrat, build better bonds w/ the CBC, etc., and created a more nuanced message about the "establishment". The rabble rouser/go it alone approach is so counter-productive. 

Nope. For SC to maintain its first in the South status, Clyburn pledged not to endorse anyone in the nomination process. He broke that pledge. I thought everyone knew that. Apparently not. 

2 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Nope. For SC to maintain its first in the South status, Clyburn pledged not to endorse anyone in the nomination process. He broke that pledge. I thought everyone knew that. Apparently not. 

Why are you excusing him not reaching out to one of the most powerful voices in Congress & America? Do you guys even want to win? 

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Why are you excusing him not reaching out to one of the most powerful voices in Congress & America? Do you guys even want to win? 

Because when Joe secured that endorsement Clyburn said he wasn't going to endorse anyone. So why would Bernie try to get an endorsement from someone who had pledged not to endorse anyone? Bernie should've been trying to get Clyburn to break his pledge?

Biden is for sure horrendous, and has been shitty in lots of voter encounters that I've seen, but that wasn't one of them IMO. The guy just wants to yell at him, he's not trying to dialog or ask for positions, etc. How long should Biden stand there and have this guy yell in his face? 

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

If Sanders had reached out to him - what would be your argument?  Let me help you:  "Sanders went to Clyburn and asked him to break his pledge to not endorse. By doing that, Sanders threatens SC's First in the South status."  You see the problem, don't you?

I respect Clyburn, but let's not pretend his endorsement was Sanders' fault. The reporter you relied on didn't tell you all of the story. No conspiracy. She is not well-informed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Biden is for sure horrendous, and has been shitty in lots of voter encounters that I've seen, but that wasn't one of them IMO. The guy just wants to yell at him, he's not trying to dialog or ask for positions, etc. How long should Biden stand there and have this guy yell in his face? 

He doesn't even try and, very very very importantly, the guy who is yelling at him is right.

I'm a middle-of-the-road moderate who absolutely won't vote for Joe Biden. And when Trump is re-elected, Democrats can look back and ponder on why they had 4 years to run against the most repugnant person to ever hold the office, and the best they could come up with to represent Democrat ideals is an 80 year old lifelong groper who is exhibiting clear cognitive decline (now! imagine 2-3 years into the presidency.  Go back and watch Trump's 2016 debates, he's so far ahead of where he is now mentally, as well as ahead of 2020 Biden, it's scary), 
Biden would be 6 years older than anyone who has ever won a presidential election and 9 years older than any person first elected president. And this is the best you can do??? We need an 85 year old carrying around the nuclear football?

This is a very interesting post. We have a President that is a serial liar every single day multiple times a day, has either had horrifically bad policies or failed at every policy he has attempted, is laughed at by the international community, is completely ineffective at foreign policy, has highly questionable relationships with Russia, has mismanaged the country financially, is unprofessional and immature, has driven out any semi-competent people from the administration and replaced them idiotic boobs, and relates hatred and conflict.

So what if Biden is old and ineffective. Everyone is better than the moron we have in office, so how in the world did you conclude what you did? What has Trump done to deserve another minute in office? And guess what, it ain’t the economy. Anyone with a brain can see that deficit spending and irresponsible tax cuts have kept the economy on life support.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He doesn't even try and, very very very importantly, the guy who is yelling at him is right.

Ehhhhh.  He listens to the intro, and we won't know how we would have responded if the guy had said something like "do you regret your vote?" or "why should I trust that you wouldn't do this again?" or similar. Instead he just screams "you are disqualified!" over and over.  And obviously you don't think that guy is right since you said you will vote for a nominee Biden, so you disagree that he is disqualified. 

And it shouldn't be disqualifying. It passed the Senate 77-23. More Democrats voted for than against. There are dozens of better reasons for Joe Biden to not be president.

13 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

100%. This guy is making a scene and being a dick. He deserves to be walked away from.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Better, but I am sure you understand that requires a great deal of enthusiasm FOR something. I know what we are against. Why would the marginalized in this society  - who - unlike the well off - have borne the brunt of this Administration make themselves a target of this Administration. And, if they are working and just trying to survive, where do they get the time?

But thank you. 

Who told you that enthusiasm can only be generated by someone being "for" something?  The entire 2016 election cycle demonstrates the opposite.

We're seeing play out right now that much of Bernie's 2016 vote was anti-Hillary.  And we're going to see it demonstrated very clearly in a week in Michigan.  In a two-person race in Michigan in 2016, Bernie eked out a win.  In a two-person race in 2020, do you think he's going to win Michigan?  Because I don't.

And then you saw it again in the general election.  How much of Trump's vote was anti-Hillary?  We will never know, but I can probably guarantee you it was more than 77,000 votes across Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

But you want a better plan than that?  I'll give you a plan.  His name is Barack Fucking Obama.

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is a very interesting post. We have a President that is a serial liar every single day multiple times a day, has either had horrifically bad policies or failed at every policy he has attempted, is laughed at by the international community, is completely ineffective at foreign policy, has highly questionable relationships with Russia, has mismanaged the country financially, is unprofessional and immature, has driven out any semi-competent people from the administration and replaced them idiotic boobs, and relates hatred and conflict.

So what if Biden is old and ineffective. Everyone is better than the moron we have in office, so how in the world did you conclude what you did? What has Trump done to deserve another minute in office? And guess what, it ain’t the economy. Anyone with a brain can see that deficit spending and irresponsible tax cuts have kept the economy on life support.

Right, I won't vote for Trump either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

This shouldn't be difficult - since the Centrists and the Establishment have picked Biden. Presumably they had a plan. What is it?  I would like to share it with some discouraged voters right now. 

not to sound like a broken record, but this isn't hard.  voting isn't an essay question.  it's true/false.

i'm 15 hours removed from voting for bernie and fuck you guys for making me defend biden and hillary before noon.

if you need a reason to vote for the person who isn't trump, here are 5,000 reasons in 3 months: 

• Like 1

Gotta hand it to the GOP, they've done an amazing job on messaging.

Oh, you don't think America should send its young men to die in foreign nations? Why do you hate the troops?

Oh, you think that uber-wealthy should be taxed at a higher rate? Why do you hate the average American?

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Zavala, no one really gives a shit what the Dilbert guy thinks. Save that shit for your Trump forums. 

Ok well let them decide, he's got a good point. 

Also, will Biden made it to the convention without a huge blunder or a health issue? If so he's the guy right?

Who are you voting for @mdmost? Joe Biden?

v-_XwQGC_400x400.jpg

Last questions, are you a boomer? Will you move to Canada if Trump is reelected?

Just now, Foosters said:

Gotta hand it to the GOP, they've done an amazing job on messaging.

Oh, you don't think America should send its young men to die in foreign nations? Why do you hate the troops?

Oh, you think that uber-wealthy should be taxed at a higher rate? Why do you hate the average American?

Aren't we out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria? 

Blunders only matter when the tan suited black guy or any other Democrat does it. 

I'm voting for any Democratic that makes it the convention over Trump. Not a boomer. Not moving to Canada. But keep with your pathetic Trump forum talking points. It's amusing to watch your flail about today. 

Edited by mdmost

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

yeah, when will these veterans sent to war by clowns over lies be nicer :(

So your position is anyone with a legit complaint over any policy or vote by any candidate, regardless of when it occurred, has a right to stand and just scream at a candidate and the candidate is obligated to nod and say "uh huh, right, sure, I told you that bitch crazy, uh huh" until the filibuster ends?

Right, I won't vote for Trump either. 

Lack of voting for the Democratic candidate is supporting Trump. You can try to reframe the action any way you like but the bottom line is that you will be partially responsible for putting him back in office, and he is a disaster. You are enabling a disaster.
  • Like 1

Just now, Zavala said:

Aren't we out of Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria? 

Not sure what you're saying. The left has been advocating for no foreign wars for 20 years. They've been painted as the anti-veteran side because they don't decorate their belongings with red, white, and blue.

• Like 1