NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Wake had Duke on the ropes 81-76, then took early shot with over 20 secs left on shot clock.  Duke rebounds and score in 10 secs.

Wake with ball still leads 81-79.

42 secs left

Duke defense stops Wake, but then bad pass turnover with 3 secs... Did not even get a shot

Wake makes free throws now up 4pts and under 2secs left...

83-79   Wake wins !!!  😋

Edited by LTtxfan

Wake Forwr fans can get fucked.  *This* is the Duke team you are going to rush the court on?  

This is two incidents in the last couple of weeks now.  Just let the visiting team get off the court then rush.  If you don’t then, well I don’t know what the right penalty is. Maybe the coach has to sit out 3 games.  It’s not the coache’s fault but it wil put some incentive into n for coach to talk to crowd ahead of big games. 

Wake Forwr fans can get fucked.  *This* is the Duke team you are going to rush the court on?  

This is two incidents in the last couple of weeks now.  Just let the visiting team get off the court then rush.  If you don’t then, well I don’t know what the right penalty is. Maybe the coach has to sit out 3 games.  It’s not the coache’s fault but it wil put some incentive into n for coach to talk to crowd ahead of big games. 

Yeah, I don’t know what the solution is - college kids aren’t going to care about the school getting fined?

maybe just make them ineligible for the conference tournament? Seems harsh but I don’t know what is appropriate and also a deterrent.

14 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Yeah, I don’t know what the solution is - college kids aren’t going to care about the school getting fined?

maybe just make them ineligible for the conference tournament? Seems harsh but I don’t know what is appropriate and also a deterrent.

Forfeits. Your fans rush the court before the visiting team is allowed to leave, your team forfeits the win.

26 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Croc-filled moat, IMO.

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Filipowski seems like a bitch. 

Just watched the replay and what a little bitch. He fucked up with 3 seconds left in the game. Take it like a man. 

What a pitiful whiny bitch. 

He tried to forearm an awake fan in the face. He’s lucky he didn’t get dropped. 

Love to see it. 😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Is storming the court a new thing or is the outrage over it new? Social media and their faux outrage at everything. Stfu 

Not new:

It’s a joy for weaker teams to celebrate the home win over a rival or highly ranked team. 

PRO TIP: Don’t try to deliver a forearm to a home fan when you’re outnumbered 200 to 1. If you get fucked up, you were asking for it and deserve it. 

PS- Reached out to a Dallas friend whose son was a huge basketball fan since kindergarten or so, played all the way through varsity, and is a freshman at Wake Forest this year. 

I asked her if her son stormed the court, because I told her that I knew for sure that he was at the game. 

She replied: “Of course!”

(She was probably also thinking- “Filipowski is a pansy-assed bitch.”)

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

It's not new and it needs to stop.

I've read a lot of "home team forfeit the game" -  to a million dollar fine. It's been around as long as college basketball has been played. The NBA stopped it, so can the NCAA, but the reactions are over the top. People seemed to be caught off guard by this storming the court business, or they just like to to trumpet some nonsensical point and grandstand online. 

On 2/24/2024 at 3:53 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

Not to mention WF is a legitimate tourney team, but their fans still need to rush the court? WTF?

Court/field storming used to mean something. Now, it’s omnipresent in college sports. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

Wake was favored by 2 and stormed the court.

Remember when the Iowa State reporter got their leg broken a couple of years ago?

I agree with the poster above, it's gotten out of control. We don't need to fucking storm the court for a team that is actually good.

On 2/25/2024 at 4:44 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Fuck that.  Dude was running right at him.  Would have been my natural reaction too.  You don’t know intent if the fan.  

Just start suspending the coaches.  That’s not hard and has real consequences that can create deterrence from the top.    

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

caleb love transferring from unc to arizona might be the best all around transfer in the short history of the portal. really worked out well for all parties.

I recall us being one of the finalists for his services. Thought most here were cool on the idea.  He definitely would have been a better add than Horton.

Just now, HookEm said:

I recall us being one of the finalists for his services. Thought most here were cool on the idea.  He definitely would have been a better add than Horton.

i actually was against him coming here at the time as i (sadly) thought that abmas and hunter was a great starting back court, and that adding a volume shooting, high usage guy would only clog up minutes/shots/usage for what i deemed to be a really good starting back court. yeah, about that…

still, while his addition would have improved our team, he probably couldn’t have landed in a better spot. lloyd’s style fits him perfectly, and he’s thriving. at the same time, man what an upgrade he would be over Hunter. damn.

On 2/26/2024 at 7:21 AM, PittsburghTiger said:

I saw that from above clip and I thought a bit of that as well. Filipowski did some of what they said with his offensive lineman impression.  

yep. he's trying to make contact with the fan with his foot for sure and didn't try to avoid contact. kind of the same thing Clark did.  if he doesn't stick his foot out the fan goes right by him but if he backs up or stops maybe he runs into another fan running behind him who thinks he is going to keep going forward.  that said the fans were in high sprint and while they are all thinking they are trying to avoid players there are so many of them there isn't a good place to move that the player knows is safe.