Bay Area for 6 days

Zepol87

I am headed back to the bay area later tonight for a 6 days. When I went last time in Feb work was brutal and I didn't get to do much. No real work till Monday this time. I am staying in Oakland till Monday then Napa until Wednesday. 

Only thing I am doing for sure is heading to Russian River sometime this weekend for a visit. I wanted to hit a Giants game but they are out of town and an A's game just doesn't do it for me. 

Help a messican out. 

You should hit up the Fillmore Street Jazz Festival in Pac Heights tomorrow afternoon. One of my favorite summer festivals in SF.

As for the evening, here are my go-to bars:

Marina: Jaxson's, Mauna Loa, Brixton, Tipsy Pig

North Beach: Maggie McGarry's, Columbus Cafe, Pete's Tavern, Tupelo

Do you have to stay in Oakland? I guess it's already too late for that question if you're already there. All of the recommendations you're getting and will get are for SF.  Going back and forth is a pain in the ass.

I liked the Lost and Found Beergarden when we were out there for Texas @ Cal.

• Like 2

5 Plinys. Oh yeah it's gonna be a good night. And a painful morning. 

I'm not a bitch... About to go to some tiki bar with some chick I met at our office in Fairfield.

Tomorrow plan is the city. Also wtf is hyphy? I don't like it lol. Also drunk

f12ce3d70ea355b7d613aa521f5d5c9e.jpg

Went to faction brewing today on a rec from mdleast. Pretty good time and beer. Then walked over to a winery across the street that had a random car meet up. Really cool people and a good time.

Also the fires are back and it completely fucks up the sky. Pretty weird to wake up with ash all over your car also

b84c14ede364024a3f8df936109165d7.jpg

bfb1e56b1693a98779a012b79cce30c2.jpg

4d743e982602d129d68735cfbad775e9.jpg

1def8d3d4d2f60b322b0e0b28743e4df.jpg

Head over to The Saloon while on Columbus Avenue. Oldest bar in SF that survived the 1904 earthquake. Live music and pbr on tap.

Went and had lunch at Mamas on Washington square wasn't planning on it but the wait was less than 5 minutes. Very good

Walked to The Saloon after that. Crazy weird spot and just looks out of place but had a few beers. Decided to leave since I wanted to watch the soccer game and no TV's on.

0afd80fabc6a266f7e9c1b0c3928ca2d.jpg

Walked up the street to Tupelo and it had some Croatian girls in jerseys watching the game. Cool spot and decent beer. Stayed there for a bit before heading to Napa. Fire in Yolo county that is fucking up the sky this week.

5c9997511b74478d09c1cdef8b6e2efe.jpg

Met some Mexicans at a park in Napa and player volleyball with them lol and got invited to a carne asada after. He tias loved me. Good times.

dd4212eaae28a33b5430a6d93afa24a2.jpg

49d9e9c9317cf23543251b9751a3ceb0.jpg

Today is a little busy with work now that the soccer game is over. It will be a Napa day for me. Tomorrow I'll head back to SF.
Go to bounty hunter in down town napa and let us know what you think of their bbq.

Go to bounty hunter in down town napa and let us know what you think of their bbq.

This place fucking sucks. I need to go see Champkind and cleanse my palate

Wine flights with brisket and pulled pork and sauces "from" Alabama and Carolina. This might be last meal before my flight and now I'm pissed.

718d01e7085eae74f872d98c5e62eb18.jpg

00b853b68363de19002ce1806453c178.jpg

• 3 years later...