Non-romantic stuff to do near Moody center with your cousin of the opposite sex? And where should we Uber to for concert?

ATXbronco

Hey folks, my ~50 y/o female cousin (same age as me) from DFW with tons of adopted special needs kids is getting her first night off from the kids in almost two years and is driving down to Dallas to see Tears for Fears (her favorite band) at the Moody center with me.

I'm taking the afternoon off and since she never gets alone-time, I want to make sure she has a great time as it'll just be her and myself!
This Monday afternoon/night will be all about her and she really, really deserves it!

What should we do?  We'll be taking an Uber from my house in Round Rock down to the Moody center.  She's not familiar with the area and I never go there for anything other than see Longhorns football games.  What should I take her out to do and where should we eat?  We're both on budgets (I'm paying for her tickets & the uber).  

Also, any tips on where to Uber to/from for the concert?  I haven't been to the Moody center before.

Edited by ATXbronco

I mean... what do you want to do? Get some drinks? Walk around? Go to a museum? 

It's obviously on campus if you just want to walk around UT. The Blanton and Bullock museums are both right there. The state cemetery is close.

Obviously it's going to be hot as fuck.

Scholtz is cool^

Other bars with good food that are affordable nearby are Haymaker and Nickel City. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, tigol said:

I like it, thanks!  And her Dad was German, so she might like it too.

They even have a related pre-party.

Might have to watch what we eat so we don't kill people at the concert with our breath.

image.png.4361ebdbc1e54d413cdc46a91856e37f.png

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean... what do you want to do? Get some drinks? Walk around? Go to a museum? 

It's obviously on campus if you just want to walk around UT. The Blanton and Bullock museums are both right there. The state cemetery is close.

Obviously it's going to be hot as fuck.

Scholtz is cool^

Other bars with good food that are affordable nearby are Haymaker and Nickel City. 

I'll be drinking.  She may have one or two drinks unless I can get her to go crazy.

I'm thinking we should see touristy stuff in the immediate area.

But stuff that a Woman would like. 

So, no war museums for me.

It's a bit south of downtown on Lamar I believe and I don't know their hours on a Monday but Tiki Tatsu-Ya is fantastic and definitely something unusual a chick would dig. 

Get her a zombie and you might get some road head driving back up towards the Moody

• Hook 'Em 1

Given that it's going to be hot as balls outside, I'd see if there's a way to hit up Barton Springs or Deep Eddy.  It's not an ideal pre-dinner/concert activity given the need to at least rinse off and change into reasonable clothing, but man, this week is just ghastly outside.

Or, just do inside stuff like Scholtz, Blanton, etc.  You're still gonna sweat your asses off moving around.

• Hook 'Em 1