Lies and Distortion in Movies and TV

Eskimohorn

And of course Tetris:

The real Henk Rogers and Alexey Pazhitnov reviewed the script, and Rogers said much of it was embellished, "It's a Hollywood script; it's a movie. It's not about history, so a lot of [what's in the movie] never happened. But the filmmakers asked us a bunch of questions about what it was really like... They tried their best to accept our changes when they had to do with authenticity. But when it started getting into [creative flourishes like] the car chase and all that, it was like, 'OK, now it's all them.' We couldn't change anything."

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I thought the yellow school bus in one scene’s background of John Wayne’s “Alamo” was a nice touch.

The was the Mexican Army's ride...

On 8/16/2023 at 3:02 PM, Armybrat said:

I thought the yellow school bus in one scene’s background of John Wayne’s “Alamo” was a nice touch.

Also, when the Mexican army is marching toward the Alamo there is a scene where they are stepping over dead bodies and one of the dead bodies moves his hand so it doesn't get stepped on.

A. 

B.
Actually doesn't Joe Montana hate Rudy? I've heard him do interviews basically stopping short of calling the movie pure bullshit.

Joe spends way too much time talking shit about this movie. He must not have liked the real Rudy back when. I wish they’d recut Rudy with some new scenes with a preppy douche freshman QB named Joe that gives Rudy a hard time in an 80’s James Spader popped collar character kind of way.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Joe spends way too much time talking shit about this movie. He must not have liked the real Rudy back when. I wish they’d recut Rudy with some new scenes with a preppy douche freshman QB named Joe that gives Rudy a hard time in an 80’s James Spader popped collar character kind of way.

Joe Montana, played by...

zabka.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2023 at 9:33 AM, Lidig8r said:

I was surprised that Hoosiers was pretty much fictionalized on most major story lines.

https://www.chasingthefrog.com/reelfaces/hoosiers.php#:~:text=Not entirely.,team in 1954%2C not six.

Varsity Blues is straight up fictional, but holy hell it accurately depicts many aspects of playing football for  a small town high school in Texas.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Varsity Blues is straight up fictional, but holy hell it accurately depicts many aspects of playing football for  a small town high school in Texas.

I want to write the story of the 2017 Rockdale Tigers State Championship because it is an amazing story that the Hollywood scriptwriters couldn't have fashioned better if they tried.  Other times, I want to write it as though someone wrote a book about it, then the book got sold, and then the Hollywood scriptwriters get involved and totally muck it up