Coach Sark Press Conference 8.28 - 11:00am LHN

BigOrange1

Game week is officially here and things kick off with Coach Sark's press conference at 11:00 am.  I'm not finding a link for it on texassports.com, but if someone can find one, please post away.

Week 1 opponent?  The mighty Rice Owls.  Rice finished 5-8 last year (yes, they made a bowl game at 5-7).  Here is a look at their "talent"

IMG_3327-260hn6b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not naming a starter at RB or a backup at QB until later in the week, or at least that's how I translated that. 

I don't mind finding out when either Maalik or Arch trots out there to run out the clock on Saturday. At least that is what better happen.

1 minute ago, CashMcCoy said:

Loved Sark’s response. The national media is going to somehow completely take it out of context though, as is custom.

I wish he had been more forceful. Something along the lines of "We've got a conference commissioner wanting to pick winners and losers, and you obviously can't have unprofessional behavior like that." 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I wish he had been more forceful. Something along the lines of "We've got a conference commissioner wanting to pick winners and losers, and you obviously can't have unprofessional behavior like that." 

I want this leading up to the Tech game so it doesn’t get buried or forgotten in the next 2 months. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I think that would have come across like he was whining about it, but I agree he should have been more forceful about it.  "You've got a commissioner not wanting to give us the championship this year so we are going to take it."

• Hook 'Em 1

He handled it the right way. I'm hoping that someone leaks a copy of that letter (I'm sure it went to all conference members) so yakbreath will be forced to address it by the media. Let him squirm under the lights while people question if he's truly mature or professional enough to run the BXII.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Where is the dude who was bitching about Sark insisting on making Robinson an every down back?

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

He made his point. That was good enough. 

For now.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yormark, that goofy fuckhead, needs to get suckered punched in Austin. 

I’m sure McGuire, who is a genuinely good dude, is pissed Yorkmark opened his fat cocky mouth.  

Seriously someone needs to knock this motherfucker in the temple. Someone on Surly. I’ll hire the guy after released from prison, and/or provide good counsel to the accused. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

He publicly called him out about his comments and even referenced it to a specific sportsmanship document the man wrote. Exactly how forceful does he need to be?

I figured the literal example I gave would be sufficient. 

3 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952cesvlykk6n9stznkb2

Hide contents

These so-called blue bloods -- and I really question that. One of them's really good in Olympic sports . . It's more important to do it in 2023 when those old two are still here so they can understand exactly who runs the Big 12.

A reporter asked me at the end, ‘What’s it mean to win this game and beat Texas?’ I said it doesn’t mean anything to beat Texas, we’re 1–0 in the Big 12, that’s what it means.

There’s a reason [Texas] don't want to [play TTU after the 2023 season] - it happened today. You know, have a much better chance of selling out their basketball arena when they play Texas Tech in Austin. They normally have a better chance of doing that.

There’s nothing that comes out of my mouth that I don’t truly 100% believe.

MCGUIRE.JOE-NEWTON-240x300.jpg

JM said this?  Well, fuck that guy!  Also, your avatar is fucking creepy. 

10 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Game week is officially here and things kick off with Coach Sark's press conference at 11:00 am.  I'm not finding a link for it on texassports.com, but if someone can find one, please post away.

Week 1 opponent?  The mighty Rice Owls.  Rice finished 5-8 last year (yes, they made a bowl game at 5-7).  Here is a look at their "talent"

IMG_3327-260hn6b.jpg

they look smart

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

Not naming a starter at RB or a backup at QB until later in the week, or at least that's how I translated that. 

Ok….Saban didn’t announce a starter at qb today either….apparently, first time in 17 years he hasn’t named a starting qb before the first game.