wc QF 2 (friday 1pm) :: the klash in kazan

Hagbard Celine

Just now, DanTheHorn said:

I need to go check the list of teams I said I was rooting for in order of priority. Need to pick the next one on the stack.

Once Nigeria got knocked out I started rooting for France because of how they fly up and down the pitch / field.  Belgium is right up there with them so it’s a disappointment to me that they play each other in the semis.  I really don’t mind any of the remaining teams except the Russians.  Fuck those cocksuckers.

• Like 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Once Nigeria got knocked out I started rooting for France because of how they fly up and down the pitch / field.  Belgium is right up there with them so it’s a disappointment to me that they play each other in the semis.  I really don’t mind any of the remaining teams except the Russians.  Fuck those cocksuckers.

Found it

Numero Cuatro)

England or Belgium because they are playing enjoyable football.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The controversial no call penalty... the ball was still well in bounds when contact was made.  BBC guys said Neymar’s previous flopping made it a no call.

If Neymar does not over run the ball and tries to come to a stop he would have been run over. At that point it would have been penalty but he over ran ball making it the right call.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The controversial no call penalty... the ball was still well in bounds when contact was made.  BBC guys said Neymar’s previous flopping made it a no call.  But they all thought it was a legit penalty.

I think they are wrong. Watching the replay it looks like the ball is out prior to the contact.

https://streamable.com/21stp

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So my parlay is still intact.   Made a 4-teamer for the QF:

100 to win 4096

Fra/Uru over 2 (push)

Bel + 290 (win)

Eng/Swe over 2

Rus/Cro draw +205 (just need them to go to extra time) 

Would have never guessed Belgium was a +290 to win. I always saw them as the better team than Brazil. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I think they are wrong. Watching the replay it looks like the ball is out prior to the contact.

https://streamable.com/21stp

They had a slightly different angle that showed his cleats hitting the shin while the ball was still a foot or so inbounds.  By the time his leg contacted the Brazil player, yes the ball was out.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They had a slightly different angle that showed his cleats hitting the shin while the ball was still a foot or so inbounds.  By the time his leg contacted the Brazil player, yes the ball was out.

If this was any other player, I'd probably care. 

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So my parlay is still intact.   Made a 4-teamer for the QF:

100 to win 4096

Fra/Uru over 2 (push)

Bel + 290 (win)

Eng/Swe over 2

Rus/Cro draw +205 (just need them to go to extra time) 

yo, since you've got the mojo, would you mind betting some of your money for me?  you can send my winnings to paypal donations for bob.   cool.  thank you.

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Telemundo officially has no team left to root for. 

Courtois gave a post-game interview in Spanish (because of his time in Madrid at Atletico and his baby mama and his kids are Spanish), so...

I think that Telemundo either wants Belgium or Croatia (Rakitic is totally fluent in Spanish and I think that Modric probably can answer a few questions in Spanish as well), but then again...

Griezmann has been in Spain for about a decade, so I'm fairly sure that he can speak Spanish at this point as well, so he could give post-match interview in Spanish as well.

Don't know if Russia, England, or Sweden have anyone who can give an interview in Spanish.

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, Kompany kicked Jesus's right shin when the ball was well in bounds, but at the same time it was never going to have an impact on the outcome because the ball was headed straight out no matter what at that point. I could see it going either way.

45 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m dead.

Belgium did well, but the stats say Brazil owned this game. But that doesn’t matter in the end. Fuck it.

41 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

If Brazil could finish (other than on their own goal) worth a shit, it wouldn't have been close.  

IRONY: Brazil plays their best match of the entire tournament and this is the first match that they lose.

Brazil was so superior in this match, but they just couldn't get the ball past Belgium's trees.

Also, that was the worst finishing that I've ever seen from any Brazilian team. They had so many flubbed shots. From the shots that they had, I'd expect them to normally be able to score ~4 goals. (3 to 5, if not more)

I don't think that Neymar will win the Ballon d'Or this year... however, he has a PSG teammate who could.